| NEWS NASCAR says noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage - ESPN

In all his years in auto racing, NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace said Tuesday night, he has never seen anything like what he described as a “straight-up noose” that was being used as a door pull in the garage he was assigned last week at Talladega Speedway in Alabama.

“I’ve been racing all of my life,” Wallace told CNN's Don Lemon. “We've raced out of hundreds of garages that never had garage pulls like that. So people that want to call it a garage pull and put out all the videos and photos of knots being as their evidence, go ahead, but from the evidence that we have – and I have – it’s a straight-up noose.”

The FBI determined Tuesday that the rope had been hanging in the garage since last year and it wasn’t intended as a hate crime against Wallace.

Wallace noted to Lemon that both the FBI and NASCAR have been calling the door pull a noose.

He said he hadn’t seen the noose himself but had seen photos of it.

"It wasn’t directed at me,” Wallace added, “but it was a noose.”

Prior to the FBI's findings, fellow NASCAR drivers participated Monday in a show of support for Wallace, a 26-year-old native of Alabama who is the only African-American full-time driver on the NASCAR circuit.

“The FBI has completed its investigation at Talladega Superspeedway and determined that Bubba Wallace was not the target of a hate crime," NASCAR said in a release after the findings. "The FBI report concludes, and photographic evidence confirms, that the garage door pull rope fashioned like a noose had been positioned there since as early as last fall."

Goodness. The noose is the name of a knot and it's a poor choice for a garage door pull down in my opinion. A Bimini twist knot or a farmer's knot would be a better option.

NASCAR pushed a non story, even doubled down on it. Unnecessary based on the above.

Someone needs to confirm the actual knot used...a noose knot makes zero sense here. You don't want it tightening when you pull the door down.

Good Gawsh... You can't make this stuff up.
How many times have you seen George Orwell's 1984 fictional novel quoted over the last few weeks? A case where he liteally made things up.

What's amusing to me is how the responses are today. I've heard, twice, and read more than a few times "So NOW you trust the FBI? One of the guys that said this is a crime reporter for a local TV station. I asked him if he'd have believe the FBI if they said it was a hate crime. To which, he had no answer. Well, he did say "it's my tee time" and walked off.

Here's another thing that bothers me about this deal. This tweet is neither fair or accurate.

ESPN's Jemele Hill said "this is a disgusting reminder of who this sport is for." That's an ESPN employee calling a fanbase racist.

well.. in all honesty, NASCAR is probably the most redneck group activity/sport on the planet... maybe pro wrasslin' is a close second. I'm sure that with all the confederate flags and such you could reasonably assume (especially if you're on the left) that the fanbase is racist or at least sympathetic. Not necessarily a fair assumption, but understandable. The tricky thing is realizing that, up to this point, there have been other black Nascar drivers and I don't recall any controversies.. All of a sudden, the racist white supremacists want to oust this guy?!?! hmmmm... after the determination that this rope wasn't a noose, it reaks of a publicity stunt aided by the convenient juxtaposition of a soft coup in progress by leftist, marxists operating under the guise of racial justice. there is bovine fecal material about...

there is bovine fecal material about...
That's one of my issues here as well. At the very beginning of this story I'm looking at what we knew to be factual. Who had access? Then to camera's. Something was amiss from the start and in my view it was enough to cause pause, wait, and see what it ends up being.

But, we had more than a handful go on this righteous parades fueled by the current climate.

I'm reminded of the many conversations we've had about sports reports where the reporter was trying to be first sacrificing accuracy. Now, to me, some come across as simply wanting to be seen.

That's one of my issues here as well. At the very beginning of this story I'm looking at what we knew to be factual. Who had access? Then to camera's. Something was amiss from the start and in my view it was enough to cause pause, wait, and see what it ends up being.

But, we had more than a handful go on this righteous parades fueled by the current climate.

I'm reminded of the many conversations we've had about sports reports where the reporter was trying to be first sacrificing accuracy. Now, to me, some come across as simply wanting to be seen.
The reporters are doing just what the people that own them want them to do. Accuracy has no place in the MSM today. Both AT&T and Time Warner are completely happy with CNN. If those reports that will not tow the line then they will be replaced with people that well.

It is more about getting the black vote back onto the plantation before November. They're internal polling must scare the hell out of them.

What this country is going through right now is terrible. We the people just wanting a safe, normal, and free life should be able to ignore the background noise of fake hate and fake actions that some are trying to perpetuate. Who hates Bubba Wallace? How about nobody. Obviously CNN didn't know his name for the background graphics. This PC world is going to half to take a deep breath and relax or go live in CHAZ.

What this country is going through right now is terrible. We the people just wanting a safe, normal, and free life should be able to ignore the background noise of fake hate and fake actions that some are trying to perpetuate. Who hates Bubba Wallace? How about nobody. Obviously CNN didn't know his name for the background graphics. This PC world is going to half to take a deep breath and relax or go live in CHAZ.
I don’t hate him but I think he should be banned for life.

as you well know.... that would be racist, XXL. everything is racist now.. my damn cereal is racist. my syrup is racist. "climate change" is diproportionately racist. amazon prime needs to reprogram my mind with "anti-racism" viewing selections. the large, communist coffee franchise we all reluctantly contribute to assures me that I'm hopelessly racist. my chicken sandwiches are all social justicey now. i have a white truck. that may be an issue i should address?
is our skin color really that damn important? I'm sure that merely asking that question is racist. I really prefer Dr. Martin Luther King's take on the whole thing which, coincidentally, was the Son of God's take on the issue so poignantly paraphrased for the generation 60+ years ago. Dr. King was either right or wrong. Christ was right or wrong. I know that they were both purely and completely right. Immeasurably perfect in their delivery of the truth. The lines we are being fed now were not created or marinated in love for God or one another. I am certain of that. That is really all i need to know to utterly reject it.

LOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
i had to stop reading at "Since I became a black woman...."

That is just straight up mental illness. It is sad exploitation that she has been made a public figure. She needs treatment. And those boobs... that's not really nice. they went just a bit too far... like 10 pounds per boob too far....

Back
Top Bottom