| NEWS NASCAR says noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage - ESPN

Of all the garage bays at Talladega his was the only one with this was it a coincidence I think not. JMO.
The NYT or the NYP published an article this week about an official NASCAR video from 2017 ... similarly tied loops in garage stalls at Talladega before he was even in NASCAR. The FBI said it was there last year.
A noose, by design will cinch down. It's the wrong knot for this application.
On a related note I"ve seen people tie knots that looked like a noose and didn't slide...didn't take Knot101.

Gotta admit, that is pretty much a noose. Someone took way too long tying that knot like that with no real reason other than they liked how it looked. Having been a bored person sitting around rope before, I completely understand why you might do it absentmindedly.
There's a story out of San Diego about a guy who had his arm out the window, was cracking his knuckles, and someone snapped a picture and posted it as a white supremacy sign (the OKisignal we've all used as kids.) He was fired. He was also Mexican and said he didn't even know about the connotation. There's an innocent situation overblown. There's someone seeing something that really doesn't exist, but choooses to make it into something.

This story with Wallace seems a lot like that.

On a related note I"ve seen people tie knots that looked like a noose and didn't slide...didn't take Knot101.

Yup there are a few that do not slip.

To me, this was much ado about nothing. NASCAR jumped into the deep end on this looking for some airtime, which they got. Will it be beneficial in the end, who knows.

The big mistake here in my opinion, the opted to handled this publicly rather than privately. Ironic as they scolded drivers and owners for publicly handling things.

did they still have rain man there when you were there?
We're talking '67. If 'Rain man' was there at that time, I can't recall who, or what, that refers to. It's all I can do to forget/remember I was there. But being there at that time was why I volunteered to participate in a program in Pensacola (which is how I was introduced to the fine people of Mobile just a short 45 miles away) after experiencing the exhilarating climate of Northern Illinois.

We're talking '67. If 'Rain man' was there at that time, I can't recall who, or what, that refers to. It's all I can do to forget/remember I was there. But being there at that time was why I volunteered to participate in a program in Pensacola (which is how I was introduced to the fine people of Mobile just a short 45 miles away) after experiencing the exhilarating climate of Northern Illinois.

Rain man was a man designed to punish if you group(company) was screwing up. They would cut of the airor heat, close all doors and windows and you would do push-ups and other exercises until the condensation started getting so heavy on the pipes and the overhead that it would start dripping from everything.. he would make it rain in the birthing. It was how he got his name. It was pretty brutal because of course everything got soaked with sweat so after he decided to have mercy.. you had to clean up the mess.
My time started in 1991 so a few years later than yours.. lol and yes the weather there was miserable..

The door pull was tied in that knot for at least 8 months, who knows, maybe many more. How many people saw it and/or pulled it to raise/lower the door? A few? A dozen? More? How many were offended by it and felt they needed to raise a stink? 1... Some folks lives revolve around seeking ways to be offended. It’s sad but true.

On a side note, is it now a crime to tie a noose knot? What law is that breaking? It’s a knot that is useful on occasion. Used a lot more than for just hanging. I haven’t seen that using that tie is a crime, but I won’t be surprised if new laws are pushed soon...

The door pull was tied in that knot for at least 8 months, who knows, maybe many more. How many people saw it and/or pulled it to raise/lower the door? A few? A dozen? More? How many were offended by it and felt they needed to raise a stink? 1... Some folks lives revolve around seeking ways to be offended. It’s sad but true.

On a side note, is it now a crime to tie a noose knot? What law is that breaking? It’s a knot that is useful on occasion. Used a lot more than for just hanging. I haven’t seen that using that tie is a crime, but I won’t be surprised if new laws are pushed soon...
Better check your window shades cords. And leave that label on the mattress.

Back
Top Bottom