| FTBL My hat is off to...

BamaCore said:
And one of the exciting things about all this is...being such a young team...these guys are only going to improve. Ah, the future is bright.
After NSD in February, there were a lot of rival fans saying that this #1 class hadn't done anything...that the UGA's, the Tennessee's, etc. had proven players and would still take us down. They're not saying that any more! :p

Only nine seniors! WOW!!!

Porter said:
Josh Chapman, Dont'a Hightower, Julio Jones, Roy Upchurch, John Parker Wilson and Leigh Tiffin. All played great games. As for Chapman, this doesn't come as a huge surprise, but he answered some questions of folks who hadn't paid much attention to him in the past... including Mel Kiper Jr, who before the game (on ESPN radio) wondered aloud who in the world was going to be able to fill in for Cody.

Minus the fumble, I'd throw Agent 28 in their as well. He played pretty well on defense and atoned for his fumble.

shipley00 said:
Porter said:
Josh Chapman, Dont'a Hightower, Julio Jones, Roy Upchurch, John Parker Wilson and Leigh Tiffin. All played great games. As for Chapman, this doesn't come as a huge surprise, but he answered some questions of folks who hadn't paid much attention to him in the past... including Mel Kiper Jr, who before the game (on ESPN radio) wondered aloud who in the world was going to be able to fill in for Cody.

Minus the fumble, I'd throw Agent 28 in their as well. He played pretty well on defense and atoned for his fumble.

Yes he did. Rashad Johnson also played a very good game.

Porter said:
shipley00 said:
Porter said:

Yes he did. Rashad Johnson also played a very good game.

Chapman did a great job, as expected by myself and many here. His brute strength makes up for his lack of size. Which is really not a lack of size standing at 6'2 305, he's just smaller then Cody. He'll more then make up for the loss of him until he returns.

Hightower continues to impress as a true freshman that looks like a veteran. His tackle for a loss on that blitz was awesome, I loved it.

Julio pretty much proved his worth last night if he didn't already. We don't even need a designed play for him, just throw it up and let him go get it. Just knowing we have such a freak of a athlete at WR pumps me up beyong belief.

Upchurch ran the ball the hardest he ever has in career last night. His cuts were sharpe, quick, and explosive. A lot of great blocking was the key, but I finally think we have a true three headed monster at RB.

We might need to check John Parker Wilson's birth certificate and see if Jay Barker is his daddy. His game management and big time throws have made him a actual weapon this season. When the line gave him time he burned the Tennessee secondary. More important he didn't make any bad decisions and you have to love that. 11-11 in the second half...'nuff said.

Leigh Tiffin has done everything we've asked him to. He was clutch last night, and I hope he can continue it through the November stretch.

When I think of leaders on this defense, it's Rashad Johnson. McClain of course is another leader with his play, but Rashad had a great game in coverage and decision making. Early in the game on Tennessee's first or maybe second drive, they were face with a 3rd and short 3 or 4 yards. Rashad moved up behind Hightower and taped him on his left side to move right, Donta then broke right to cover a receiver stopping him short for a 4th down. Not sure if he was cheating him over or telling him to cover the receiver, but it's clear to me Rashad is the leader of this defense.

Overall outstanding job by both the defense and offense. This really was my favorite game so far this year, even better then Clemson or Georgia.

shipley00 said:
Porter said:

absolutly. i was gonna name him if nobody else did. that was one HECK of a punt by Colquitt amd a punt returner is the most vulnurable position on the field. if we still had the halo rule that maybe wouldn't have happened. but anyway he played and has played all year lights out in both positions and i just love the dude!

Back
Top Bottom