| FTBL My game day Saturday

G

Guest

Thread Starter
I have to share something funny that happened to me this past weekend.

As many of you know I worked a flight into JAX on Saturday morning and had a layover until Sunday morning when I worked back to ATL.

The flight down to JAX had several Alabama fans on it. Of course I talked to several of them. A couple of the guys had tickets, so I bought one. We met outside the stadium, and the gentleman was nice enough to walk me to the seat so we'd know where it was.

As we're walking we're chit-chatting as well. Now, mind you at this point I know nothing about this man other than he's from Fayette and is a big Alabama fan. I do know his name and cell # as I had to call it to let him know I was on my way to get the ticket.

I did tell him that I was married with 3 kids and wasn't hitting on him...just wanted his ticket. :wink: :D I did notice a wedding ring on him as well. Anyway, as we're walking to our seats I notice not many people are there yet. I do notice one older couple and sure enough we end up right next to them. As we get closer I get the weirdest feeling. I can't even explain it.

Then, when we get about 10 feet from them I realize my "friend" knows these people. How well, I don't know. They're from Fayette as well and seem to know a lot about one another. Well, the look I get from the woman was enough to make me need a sweater...I'm talking it went from 85 degrees to about 40 real quick. :lol: She pretty much sizes me up in a second.

Then my "friend" introduces me to the couple as Sandra, his flight attendant on his flight down....nooooo, he did not just say that. :shock: :shock: :shock: He then goes on to say I'm a big Alabama fan here on a layover and I bought his ticket on the flight down, yadda yadda. I don't know if this woman heard another word after "my flight attendant on the way down". :shock: I left shortly thereafter to kind of ease the mood. I felt so cheap. :wink: :D

I haven't had the "other woman" look in years! I apologized to my new friend/lover (JK!! :D ) and let him know that I sincerely hoped I hadn't caused any trouble. I think I finally convinced the lady sitting next to me that I was legit and that my husband and family were at home waiting for me tomorrow and all is stable. My friend and I didn't leave together, so that probably helped as well.

So, if you're out there Scotty...thanks again for the ticket and a laugh. I really hope you are still in good graces at home. :)
 
I

imported_Doemasters

Thread Starter
smiley-no-no-yellow.gif


did you at least tell him about the website so he could stay in touch :shock:
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
Doemasters said:
smiley-no-no-yellow.gif


did you at least tell him about the website so he could stay in touch :shock:

Yes, I think I did. So therefore he definitely won't come anywhere near the place. :D
 
G

Guest

Thread Starter
The morale of the story is...never take your flight attendent...ummm trolly dollie...I mean air hostesses to your football game. :D
 

bear facts

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Isn't Porkchop from Fayette? He probably knows Scotty, too.

Gosh, Delta, I don't know what to say about this story. It's one my wife hasn't taught me to respond to yet.

Being introduced as "[his] flight attendant" does sorta sounds like y'all flew down via a charter or Lear jet. Glad you were able to swing a ticket, though, despite being the talk of Lamar County this week. :D

Looking forward to the next episode of "As the Tide Turns." :wink:
 

Outlaw

Verified Member
Century Club
bear facts said:
Isn't Porkchop from Fayette? He probably knows Scotty, too.

Gosh, Delta, I don't know what to say about this story. It's one my wife hasn't taught me to respond to yet.

Being introduced as "[his] flight attendant" does sorta sounds like y'all flew down via a charter or Lear jet. Glad you were able to swing a ticket, though, despite being the talk of Lamar County this week. :D

Looking forward to the next episode of "As the Tide Turns." :wink:

Fayette County. :wink:
 

bear facts

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Outlaw said:
bear facts said:
Isn't Porkchop from Fayette? He probably knows Scotty, too.

Gosh, Delta, I don't know what to say about this story. It's one my wife hasn't taught me to respond to yet.

Being introduced as "[his] flight attendant" does sorta sounds like y'all flew down via a charter or Lear jet. Glad you were able to swing a ticket, though, despite being the talk of Lamar County this week. :D

Looking forward to the next episode of "As the Tide Turns." :wink:

Fayette County. :wink:

Another dadgum senior moment! I knew that! What in the heck was I thinking?

Hey, I was in close proximity anyway, Outlaw. :lol:
 

Outlaw

Verified Member
Century Club
bear facts said:
Outlaw said:
bear facts said:
Isn't Porkchop from Fayette? He probably knows Scotty, too.

Gosh, Delta, I don't know what to say about this story. It's one my wife hasn't taught me to respond to yet.

Being introduced as "[his] flight attendant" does sorta sounds like y'all flew down via a charter or Lear jet. Glad you were able to swing a ticket, though, despite being the talk of Lamar County this week. :D

Looking forward to the next episode of "As the Tide Turns." :wink:

Fayette County. :wink:

Another dadgum senior moment! I knew that! What in the heck was I thinking?

Hey, I was in close proximity anyway, Outlaw. :lol:

Yeah, you were. Fayette, Lamar, Marion, what's the difference? :wink:
 
Top Bottom