| FTBL More grade issues at the Barn?

G

It seems two AU signees in the Mobile area have had grades altered. :roll: I dont have a link somebody else can dig around! :shock:

Much ado about nothing. Lord knows, if some high school administrator changed the grades of one of our recruits, I would not want us to be culpable nor do I think AU should be as long as they (or a booster) didn't influence the grade change.

bamafan4ever said:
Much ado about nothing. Lord knows, if some high school administrator changed the grades of one of our recruits, I would not want us to be culpable nor do I think AU should be as long as they (or a booster) didn't influence the grade change.

What he said. AU is not to blame for this.

Bama Bo said:
bamafan4ever said:

What he said. AU is not to blame for this.

Yes they are. They should be given the death penalty immediately. :D

I love this. :D

Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs, when asked about the investigation, released a statement Thursday afternoon that read, "Auburn Athletics is committed to providing a quality academic experience for our student-athletes.

I think they misquoted Jacobs. What he meant to say was this....

"Auburn Athletics is committed to providing a quality academic experience, like the one James Brooks received, for our student-athletes."

Brooks is an illiterate former Auburn football player that somehow managed to get a "degree" while never seeing the inside of a class room (by his own account). Now that's an education. *barner )N(

porkchop said:

Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs, when asked about the investigation, released a statement Thursday afternoon that read, "Auburn Athletics is committed to providing a quality academic experience for our student-athletes.

I think they misquoted Jacobs. What he meant to say was this....

"Auburn Athletics is committed to providing a quality academic experience, like the one James Brooks received, for our student-athletes."

Brooks is an illiterate former Auburn football player that somehow managed to get a "degree" while never seeing the inside of a class room (by his own account). Now that's an education. *barner )N(

Maybe you should check the latest APR rankings of the SEC schools before you throw rocks in glass houses.

Do those include sociology or.....??

PT, if I were you (or any other Auburn player/grad/supporter/coach/member of the faculty or admin) I'd just keep my mouth shut while I was on top. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.

BTW, James Brooks says hi. Since he can't type it I am doing it for him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Proud Tiger said:
porkchop said:

Maybe you should check the latest APR rankings of the SEC schools before you throw rocks in glass houses.

This little nugget brought to you from a fan whose team has been placed on probation more than any other SEC school in history. Who has SACS knocking on the front door one day, yet is ranked number one in the SEC for APR scores and improved to a rate right up there with the likes of Duke and Boston College the next. Who pumps out players such as Mr. Irons who cant muster a score above a four, which is considered illiterate, on a ridiculously remedial test like the wonderlic. Keep it down home cuz, a Barn tradition.

Only one SEC football program finished among the top 10 in the country, Auburn. A year ago the Tigers finished fourth, which raised eyebrows especially after news broke of an academic scandal involving the distribution of grades in independent study classes.

Auburn’s APR score dropped from 981 to 967, which placed 10th, but was only one point ahead of Wake Forrest and Miami, and within five points or less of less of Cal, Notre Dame, Connecticut, Georgia, Texas Christian and Northwestern.

At least our glass is not tinted beyond recognition and reason.

ROLL TIDE FOREVER AMEN said:
This little nugget brought to you from a fan whose team has been placed on probation more than any other SEC school in history.
...yet brought up from a fan whose team has been on probation twice since the last time Auburn was.

Who has SACS knocking on the front door one day, yet is ranked number one in the SEC for APR scores and improved to a rate right up there with the likes of Duke and Boston College the next.
You do realize that the SACS thing had nothing to do with grades or graduation rates don't you? Tying these together like there's a causal relationship of some sort makes as much sense as saying something like, "One day he was out mowing his grass and the next day he was playing checkers in the park. Suspicious." :roll:

Who pumps out players such as Mr. Irons who can't muster a score above a four, which is considered illiterate, on a ridiculously remedial test like the wonderlic. Keep it down home cuz, a Barn tradition.
Yes. And David Palmer was a Rhodes Scholar. I'd tell you to ask him yourself but neither you nor I would be able to understand a word he said.

Only one SEC football program finished among the top 10 in the country, Auburn. A year ago the Tigers finished fourth, which raised eyebrows especially after news broke of an academic scandal involving the distribution of grades in independent study classes.

Auburn’s APR score dropped from 981 to 967, which placed 10th, but was only one point ahead of Wake Forrest and Miami, and within five points or less of less of Cal, Notre Dame, Connecticut, Georgia, Texas Christian and Northwestern.

At least our glass is not tinted beyond recognition and reason.
Yours aren't tinted. They're painted over completely. That's why you make up half truths.

TitanTiger said:
This little nugget brought to you from a fan whose team has been placed on probation more than any other SEC school in history.
...yet brought up from a fan whose team has been on probation twice since the last time Auburn was.

Actually, RTFA is a fan whose team has been national champion seven times since the last time Auburn was.:D

CrimsonPirate said:
TitanTiger said:

Actually, RTFA is a fan whose team has been national champion seven times since the last time Auburn was.:D
That depends on which method you use. If we use Auburn's method, then you're right. If we go by the Bama method of "anyone who names us" MNCs, then we've won two since the last time you did. :D

But regardless of the attempt to change the subject to something more palatable for you, the probation point still stands. Funny that he'd choose that card to play when the tire tracks from the last NCAA probation are still fresh in the dirt roads of Tuscaloosa.

TitanTiger said:
That depends on which method you use. If we use Auburn's method, then you're right. If we go by the Bama method of "anyone who names us" MNCs, then we've won two since the last time you did. :D

PEOPLES CHOICE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

At least ours are recognized....
When you guys went undefeated in the 90's, you were on probation, so you could not claim it then.....

And as I said above, PCNC.. Um.Um.Um.

We could talk all day about claims of violations. Kind of like what is happening here in Mobile right now with TWO different players, from TWO different schools, BOTH Auburn commits. But nahhhh, nothing to see here. I do not believe in coincidences. Or the lovely Rev. Chette Williams.... It is coming... Just wait and see. And Auburn is in the repeat offender window until 2009. You better hope your program is on the up and up. The NCAA can convict and ruin with no evidence.....

Enough said.

TitanTiger said:
But regardless of the attempt to change the subject to something more palatable for you, the probation point still stands. Funny that he'd choose that card to play when the tire tracks from the last NCAA probation are still fresh in the dirt roads of Tuscaloosa.

This is well said tiger, but after reading the story in question. STORY

Then one could say the fresh road traks in ttown could be leading to a fresh cow pastor on the plains by similitude; comparative estimate or statement. :wink:

Mo mo buckaroo.

Auburn%20Mascot.0.jpg

Optimus said:
TitanTiger said:

This is well said tiger, but after reading the story in question. STORY

Then one could say the fresh road traks in ttown could be leading to a fresh cow pastor on the plains maybe. :wink:

Mo mo buckaroo.

Auburn%20Mascot.0.jpg

LOL! Barners talking about dirt roads. :lol: :lol: :lol: That's precious!!!!

porkchop said:
Do those include sociology or.....??--I'm sure they do. Are you suggesting Bama players don't take crip courses too?

PT, if I were you (or any other Auburn player/grad/supporter/coach/member of the faculty or admin) I'd just keep my mouth shut while I was on top. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.--I do enjoy it but I try to do it with class. I didn't fire the first smack in this thread did I?

BTW, James Brooks says hi. Since he can't type it I am doing it for him.--At least he can tell us hi. that's more than Sherm Williams can do from his jail cell. :D

Proud Tiger said:
porkchop said:
Do those include sociology or.....??--I'm sure they do. Are you suggesting Bama players don't take crip courses too?

PT, if I were you (or any other Auburn player/grad/supporter/coach/member of the faculty or admin) I'd just keep my mouth shut while I was on top. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.--I do enjoy it but I try to do it with class. I didn't fire the first smack in this thread did I?

BTW, James Brooks says hi. Since he can't type it I am doing it for him.--At least he can tell us hi. that's more than Sherm Williams can do from his jail cell. :D

Good night man it's not even football season and both side taking shots at each other. From my point of view your all lucky to get to watch some of the game at least!

I stuck HERE IN USC hearing about the mighty trojans, I keeping telling everyone here you have to use condoms when you sleep around. :wink:

Other then that taking shots at each other over the net like virtual arm wrestling your never going to win. :roll:

That's weak PT. Especially the part about Sherman Williams. Williams got caught doing something he shouldn't have done and whatever punishment he received is probably more than fitting IMHO. That's the difference between me and you I think. Do you have the ability to be objective regarding your team/school/it's players? Doesn't sound like it.

Back
Top Bottom