| FTBL More grade issues at the Barn?

Proud Tiger said:
Optimus said:
Proud Tiger said:
I will give you credit for allowing visitors to give you some flak. That's more than I can say for the admins/mods on some boards I could mention.

Yea I wonder how well this would have gone down on the barn boards...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
banned.gif
I would guess

I didn't mention any names or schools but I think the same is true on some other Bama boards as well.

But it didn't happen on this board.This is why I myself think this place rocks! Even thou you're a proud tiger fan. Your allowed to be one here of course gameday that might change "ALL BETS OFF EVERYONE KNOWS THAT :wink: !"

I don't visit the barn boards to be honest but I'd hope the same could be said there. If not you and yours should work on it.

Good luck to you tiger your going to need it :twisted: RTR!!!!!!!!!!

aubdebest.jpg

Back on track, one of the recruits was poised to graduate early (mid semester) if he wanted to.. meaning he was already an outstanding student. Seems like more of an error than a scandal to me:

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2007/05/reasonable_certainty.html

2. It makes no sense that Williams would have gotten any real benefit from a grade change. He's an outstanding student who needed no help getting academically eligible. In fact, he seriously considered graduating at mid-term and enrolling at Auburn for the spring semester. His eligibility is not in danger.

There are bigger things going on that should get more attention than this, for example Reggie Bush and his $300,000+ benefits while playing at USC.

bamafan4ever said:
Proud Tiger said:
Hero said:
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Barn in the top 3 most penalized athletics departments in the country?

I think that is true. Getting on probation is usually the result of the action by a stupid coach or booster and unfortunately reflects on the school as a whole while the guilty parties usually just find jobs elsewhere. Fortunately we haven't had that problem under Tubs. When the NCAA starts banning the guilty coaches for awhile, or for life if the violation warrants, then cheating will at least be toned down a lot. JMHO.

"yet brought up from a fan whose team has been on probation twice since the last time Auburn was."

"...but for the grace of God go I"

Well, just maybe in your case, you have been just lucky or the NCAA decided to show mercy on the rest of the conference because it had its' designs on the Alabama program. Either way, you will never convince me that your program has been as pure as the wind driven snow since BAMA was placed on probation since 1994. If I were to venture a guess, I would probably say quite the contrary if you listen to some of your former teachers and one former HC, Terry Bowden.

The proverbial smirk you wear on your face when you talk about Alabama's problems is highly hypocritical.
Once again, however, your interest in Alabama Football is greatly appreciated. (I assume you are interested or you wouldn't be here.....again.)

I'm confused. Referencing the red highlight in your post above....are you talking about me or the other Auburn poster in this thread? I ask because part of the post above you give me credit for I didn't say.

Proud Tiger said:
bamafan4ever said:
Proud Tiger said:
Hero said:
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Barn in the top 3 most penalized athletics departments in the country?

I think that is true. Getting on probation is usually the result of the action by a stupid coach or booster and unfortunately reflects on the school as a whole while the guilty parties usually just find jobs elsewhere. Fortunately we haven't had that problem under Tubs. When the NCAA starts banning the guilty coaches for awhile, or for life if the violation warrants, then cheating will at least be toned down a lot. JMHO.

"yet brought up from a fan whose team has been on probation twice since the last time Auburn was."

Well, just maybe in your case, you have been just lucky or the NCAA decided to show mercy on the rest of the conference because it had its' designs on the Alabama program. Either way, you will never convince me that your program has been as pure as the wind driven snow since BAMA was placed on probation since 1994. If I were to venture a guess, I would probably say quite the contrary if you listen to some of your former teachers and one former HC, Terry Bowden.

The proverbial smirk you wear on your face when you talk about Alabama's problems is highly hypocritical.
Once again, however, your interest in Alabama Football is greatly appreciated. (I assume you are interested or you wouldn't be here.....again.)

I'm confused. Referencing the red highlight in your post above....are you talking about me or the other Auburn poster in this thread? I ask because part of the post above you give me credit for I didn't say.

I think he was refering to the Barn and it's fans as a whole. When confronted with their track record with probations, Barners usually play a holier than thou card and say "Bama was on it" and never really acknowledge they are notorious cheaters.

Proud Tiger said:
bamafan4ever said:
Proud Tiger said:
Hero said:

I'm backing the aubrun guy on this one. It's confusing.

I agree that having more than one aubrun fan on this board is more than one too many. :D

It Takes Eleven said:
Proud Tiger said:
bamafan4ever said:
Proud Tiger said:
Hero said:

I'm backing the aubrun guy on this one. It's confusing.

I agree that having more than one aubrun fan on this board is more than one too many. :D

:lol: :lol:

That's as good of an explanation as needed. :D

I usually try to avoid talking about the aubs but, isn't it weird how a lot of the aubs are trying to blame Alabama for the report about the grade changes?. They laughed at us about the "conspiracy theories" with the NCAA and UT. Then they blamed Alabama for the NYT article, and now they are blaming Alabama for this stuff. :roll:

Bama Bo said:
I usually try to avoid talking about the aubs but, isn't it weird how a lot of the aubs are trying to blame Alabama for the report about the grade changes?. They laughed at us about the "conspiracy theories" with the NCAA and UT. Then they blamed Alabama for the NYT article, and now they are blaming Alabama for this stuff. :roll:

Surprising, eh?

vatz22au said:
Back on track, one of the recruits was poised to graduate early (mid semester) if he wanted to.. meaning he was already an outstanding student. Seems like more of an error than a scandal to me:

2. It makes no sense that Williams would have gotten any real benefit from a grade change. He's an outstanding student who needed no help getting academically eligible. In fact, he seriously considered graduating at mid-term and enrolling at Auburn for the spring semester. His eligibility is not in danger.

Phillip might want to start getting his info from someone other than Mark Green.

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/index.ssf?/base/sports/1180603205282080.xml&coll=3

Bama Bo said:

Bo... not defending that but I think it's natural in a big rivalry as heated as ours. Lots of Bama fans still blame UT for their run in with the NCAA.
Plus it keeps boards active and alive during this boring time of the year :?

Proud Tiger said:
As I said earlier, you shouldn't throw rocks in glass houses. But since this is your house I guess you can do what you want. Maybe as you look for the articles on Brooks, you can post a link here for the old Colliers Magazine article about Bama football writen by your distinguished Pulitizer Prize winning alumni William Bradford Huie.
Old is right! That little gem was printed back in the 40's!

PT, you have forever relinquished your right to reference "living in the past" when speaking of us.

:wink:

Proud Tiger said:
Bama Bo said:

Bo... not defending that but I think it's natural in a big rivalry as heated as ours. Lots of Bama fans still blame UT for their run in with the NCAA.

You are correct PT. Some Bama fans blame UT for at least part of the last NCAA troubles. One thing though, there is at least circumstantial evidence that UT coaches/boosters had a hand in it.
Some of you guys are blaming Alabama for the NYT thing and the grade changing thing with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Bama Bo said:
Proud Tiger said:
Bama Bo said:

You are correct PT. Some Bama fans blame UT for at least part of the last NCAA troubles. One thing though, there is at least circumstantial evidence that UT coaches/boosters had a hand in it.
Some of you guys are blaming Alabama for the NYT thing and the grade changing thing with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Bo....I don't think I'm gulilty of either one but I believe what causes the stuff about the NYT article and the grade changing thing is:

1. In the case of the NYT, one of the principals involved in the article is a Bama grad who found a disgruntled prof who is a member of an organization that wants to do away with college football.

2. In the case of the Mobile stuff, I think timing was the thing that caused the ruckus plus again the principal of the investigation for the school board is a guy named Dodd who again is a big Bama fan. This thing could get nasty for sonmebody because Dodd is dancing big time and lying and now reported has a tape of him saying something he denied.

Please note, I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, just offering a reason as to why some Auburn fans are reacting the way they are.

bamascott2 said:
Proud Tiger said:
As I said earlier, you shouldn't throw rocks in glass houses. But since this is your house I guess you can do what you want. Maybe as you look for the articles on Brooks, you can post a link here for the old Colliers Magazine article about Bama football writen by your distinguished Pulitizer Prize winning alumni William Bradford Huie.
Old is right! That little gem was printed back in the 40's!

PT, you have forever relinquished your right to reference "living in the past" when speaking of us.

:wink:

I only brought it up in connection with the comments being made about James brooks. isn't he a good ways in the past too? :D

Porterhouse said:
vatz22au said:

Phillip might want to start getting his info from someone other than Mark Green.

http://www.al.com/sports/press-register/index.ssf?/base/sports/1180603205282080.xml&coll=3

Yea, I get the news as fast as any one of us can read it. Regardless, I don't know how this proves Phillip's point wrong in the fact that Williams was considering graduating at mid-term.

vatz22au said:
Porterhouse said:
vatz22au said:

Yea, I get the news as fast as any one of us can read it. Regardless, I don't know how this proves Phillip's point wrong in the fact that Williams was considering graduating at mid-term.

Until I read what Marshall wrote, I have never heard/seen anyone suggest that Williams had even the slighest opportunity to graduate early. It doesn't even remotely pass the bullshit test. Where is he getting that from?

Porterhouse said:
vatz22au said:
Porterhouse said:
vatz22au said:

Until I read what Marshall wrote, I have never heard/seen anyone suggest that Williams had even the slighest opportunity to graduate early. It doesn't even remotely pass the bullshit test. Where is he getting that from?

Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom