| FTBL More grade issues at the Barn?

TitanTiger said:
ROLL TIDE FOREVER AMEN said:
...yet brought up from a fan whose team has been on probation twice since the last time Auburn was.

LOL! Watch this everyone, typical Barner here. They love to flagpole the statistics around by cherry picking time frames which bolster the history of their otherwise insignificant accomplishments. Never argue all time stats with a Barner, Why? Because being on probation is about the only thing they are ahead of the rest of the SEC in; in an all time context.

You do realize that the SACS thing had nothing to do with grades or graduation rates don't you? Tying these together like there's a causal relationship of some sort makes as much sense as saying something like, "One day he was out mowing his grass and the next day he was playing checkers in the park. Suspicious." :roll:

Just showing a pattern of questionable standards which is the norm on the plains. You act like these are all isolated fluke incidents, you do realize this has been going on for many years over at Lowder Community College. From your own professors quitting and being fed up with Ol' Bobby's meddling to Sacs to Wonderlic to Sociology courses to Crip Courses being handed out like trickortreat candy to recruit grade fixing to lower entrance exam minimum standards to "dat good ol revrend Chet." "Auburn University" is nothing more than a community college attached to a football program built and designed in a futile attempt to rid itself of the inferiority complex stemming from its association with Alabama. You will not admit it here, but you know this is true. I have listened to many of your Alumni objectively say basically the same thing, that they are sick of academics taking a wagon pulled behind the back seat of Bobby's all powerful Athletic program and that is does nothing but cheapen the degree which bears both theirs and Auburn's name. You will not admit this here, but you know this is true. The rest of that crap in your post is cannon fodder, so I'll reply in kind... nanny nanny boo boo.

:roll:

porkchop said:
That's weak PT. Especially the part about Sherman Williams. Williams got caught doing something he shouldn't have done and whatever punishment he received is probably more than fitting IMHO. That's the difference between me and you I think. Do you have the ability to be objective regarding your team/school/it's players? Doesn't sound like it.

Weak? I'm not objective? That's really funny. Go back and read your first post in this thread and let me ask:

1. Is saying what "Jacobs meant to say" objective?

2. Is singling out an individual player and making fun of him being objective? I did that (mentioning Williams) but only after you made a derogatory remark about Brooks.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
I wonder if James Brooks tutored Brent Fullwood?? (gr)

May have, they had lots in common. Kind of like Joe Namath tutoring Ken Stabler but in a different way :D

But whatever, what they all have in common is they have made more money than a lot of people will in a lifetime.

Proud Tiger said:
porkchop said:
That's weak PT. Especially the part about Sherman Williams. Williams got caught doing something he shouldn't have done and whatever punishment he received is probably more than fitting IMHO. That's the difference between me and you I think. Do you have the ability to be objective regarding your team/school/it's players? Doesn't sound like it.

Weak? I'm not objective? That's really funny. Go back and read your first post in this thread and let me ask:

1. Is saying what "Jacobs meant to say" objective?

2. Is singling out an individual player and making fun of him being objective? I did that (mentioning Williams) but only after you made a derogatory remark about Brooks.

Not surprisingly, you missed the point.

The Jacobson quote was what normal people call......a joke. I wasn't trying to be objective.

As far as singling out a single player and making fun of him goes; I have no problem at all doing it. You're only crying because he's an illiterate barner. But as I said, I have no problem making fun of him.

And yeah, I'm objective. Once again you missed it regarding Sherman Williams. I couldn't care less what you say about Williams being in a jail cell. I'm not trying to prop him up as some sort of pillar of the community. He got what he deserved. Say what you want to about that situation I couldn't care less.

Proud Tiger said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

But whatever, what they all have in common is they have made more money than a lot of people will in a lifetime.

And everyone knows the most important thing is how much money you make. Who cares if you can spell the word cat.

Outlaw said:
Proud Tiger said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

And everyone knows the most important thing is how much money you make. Who cares if you can spell the word cat.

His (Brooks') kids and ex-wife seemed to care. :D That's what landed Brooks in all that trouble to begin with. He apparently couldn't read the letters sent to him for child support payments because he was illiterate. When his punk a$$ ended up in court the judge referenced his AU degree, to which Brooks replied, "I didn't have to go to class at Auburn".

Heck, I've seen articles (and I will try again to find them) that state flatly that Brooks was NEVER EVEN ENROLLED AT AUBURN DURING HIS FRESHMAN YEAR. My bad! :roll: I mean, the first year he played football for Auburn. Silly me. I said freshman. What was I thinking? :roll:

porkchop said:
Outlaw said:
Proud Tiger said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

His (Brooks') kids and ex-wife seemed to care. :D That's what landed Brooks in all that trouble to begin with. He apparently couldn't read the letters sent to him for child support payments because he was illiterate. When his punk a$$ ended up in court the judge referenced his AU degree, to which Brooks replied, "I didn't have to go to class at Auburn".

Heck, I've seen articles (and I will try again to find them) that state flatly that Brooks was NEVER EVEN ENROLLED AT AUBURN DURING HIS FRESHMAN YEAR. My bad! :roll: I mean, the first year he played football for Auburn. Silly me. I said freshman. What was I thinking? :roll:

Well it's easy to sit behind a computer and make fun of people. We all talk smack on these boards (mostly in fun) but I try not to say something personal about someone that I wouldn't say face-to-face.
As I said earlier, you shouldn't throw rocks in glass houses. But since this is your house I guess you can do what you want. Maybe as you look for the articles on Brooks, you can post a link here for the old Colliers Magazine article about Bama football writen by your distinguished Pulitizer Prize winning alumni William Bradford Huie. By the way you seem to have lost sight of who you "quoted" in the first place. Either that or your memory/spelling has gone to hell.
I will give you credit for allowing visitors to give you some flak. That's more than I can say for some admins/mods on some boards I could mention.

Proud Tiger said:
I will give you credit for allowing visitors to give you some flak. That's more than I can say for the admins/mods on some boards I could mention.

Yea I wonder how well this would have gone down on the barn boards...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
banned.gif
I would guess

Optimus said:
Proud Tiger said:
I will give you credit for allowing visitors to give you some flak. That's more than I can say for the admins/mods on some boards I could mention.

Yea I wonder how well this would have gone down on the barn boards...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
banned.gif
I would guess

I didn't mention any names or schools but I think the same is true on some other Bama boards as well.

Proud Tiger said:
Optimus said:
Proud Tiger said:

banned.gif
I would guess

I didn't mention any names or schools but I think the same is true on some other Bama boards as well.

It is. I've seen it go both ways.

Hero said:
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Barn in the top 3 most penalized athletics departments in the country?

I think that is true. Getting on probation is usually the result of the action by a stupid coach or booster and unfortunately reflects on the school as a whole while the guilty parties usually just find jobs elsewhere. Fortunately we haven't had that problem under Tubs. When the NCAA starts banning the guilty coaches for awhile, or for life if the violation warrants, then cheating will at least be toned down a lot. JMHO.

Although it would delight me to see AU on probation I have to admit that I think the whole NCAA system of discipline is a complete farce. It's an utter (hehe! I said "utter" and "Auburn" in the same post :D )failure at best. It's all politics and there is no consistancy whatsoever in regards to how the NCAA deals with the member institutions. Schools like Nebraska get dinged for buying recruits a sandwich while schools like USC can have star players living in $200,000 houses and no one bats an eye. The NCAA can't get in touch with a whistle-blower like Maurice Clarett because he won't answer his cell phone, yet they can get the FBI, CIA, FDA, CBS, ABC,PETA, NAFTA, the KGB, and every other acronym you can think of to conduct an investigation against Alabama. They'll turn a blind eye to your train wreck if you help them secretly (i.e. Phillip Fulmer) but will likely hammer your institution if said institution tries to do the proactive thing by self-reporting violations.

Talk about a f'd up organization.

Very true. The only way to stop this is to form a super conference type thing and get rid of the NCAA.

Dealing with the NCAA is like rusian roulette. Most of the time it fires blanks but that one shot will blow your head off :shock: Weve had our head blown off twice recently :evil:

Proud Tiger said:
Hero said:
correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Barn in the top 3 most penalized athletics departments in the country?

I think that is true. Getting on probation is usually the result of the action by a stupid coach or booster and unfortunately reflects on the school as a whole while the guilty parties usually just find jobs elsewhere. Fortunately we haven't had that problem under Tubs. When the NCAA starts banning the guilty coaches for awhile, or for life if the violation warrants, then cheating will at least be toned down a lot. JMHO.

I agree 100% and you can see what spawned my question......"yet brought up from a fan whose team has been on probation twice since the last time Auburn was."

I also do not want to see the Barn on probation because that gives them a legit excuse to suck(as it gave us) and I want to see them just flatout suck with no excuses fall back on.

Hero said:
Proud Tiger said:
Hero said:

I agree 100% and you can see what spawned my question......"yet brought up from a fan whose team has been on probation twice since the last time Auburn was."

I also do not want to see the Barn on probation because that gives them a legit excuse to suck(as it gave us) and I want to see them just flatout suck with no excuses fall back on.

Please note that the quote you reference wasn't mine.

Proud Tiger said:
Hero said:
Proud Tiger said:
Hero said:

Please note that the quote you reference wasn't mine.
nor did I intend my post towards you. I was simply giving the reason why that question arose in my head.

Proud Tiger said:
Hero said:

"yet brought up from a fan whose team has been on probation twice since the last time Auburn was."

"...but for the grace of God go I"

Well, just maybe in your case, you have been just lucky or the NCAA decided to show mercy on the rest of the conference because it had its' designs on the Alabama program. Either way, you will never convince me that your program has been as pure as the wind driven snow since BAMA was placed on probation since 1994. If I were to venture a guess, I would probably say quite the contrary if you listen to some of your former teachers and one former HC, Terry Bowden.

The proverbial smirk you wear on your face when you talk about Alabama's problems is highly hypocritical. Once again, however, your interest in Alabama Football is greatly appreciated. (I assume you are interested or you wouldn't be here.....again.)

Proud Tiger said:
porkchop said:
I love this. :D

Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs, when asked about the investigation, released a statement Thursday afternoon that read, "Auburn Athletics is committed to providing a quality academic experience for our student-athletes.

I think they misquoted Jacobs. What he meant to say was this....

"Auburn Athletics is committed to providing a quality academic experience, like the one James Brooks received, for our student-athletes."

Brooks is an illiterate former Auburn football player that somehow managed to get a "degree" while never seeing the inside of a class room (by his own account). Now that's an education. *barner )N(

Maybe you should check the latest APR rankings of the SEC schools before you throw rocks in glass houses.

Slow it down my friend!! was there not some controversy about the barn's APR rating here recently? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom