| FTBL Milroe

I wasn’t trying to insult the character of Simpson himself… it was an example… maybe he will stay, which is good…
I hear you, Simpson will get a chance to prove himself sometime this season, offseason and in spring. It's not too late. If anything, we'll have another epic qb battle that's going to be one of the best for ages. Let everything play out to the end. You'll be surprised.

Sayin, Longeran, Simpson, Maybe Milroe? That's epic! Good lord.. Could be one of the best QB room.

I hear you, Simpson will get a chance to prove himself sometime this season, offseason and in spring. It's not too late. If anything, we'll have another epic qb battle that's going to be one of the best for ages. Let everything play out to the end. You'll be surprised.

Sayin, Longeran, Simpson, Maybe Milroe? That's epic! Good lord.. Could be one of the best QB room.
Jus SAYIN...

Only thing I'm going to add right now, is a suggestion for some to keep a macro perspective on Milore's week to week growth and not a micro perspective. Last Saturday was a huge step in the right direction, but there will be some ups and downs ahead. It'll be up to those around him to pick him up at times, including the defense. If he's the player I believe him to be though, he's going to be just fine.

I was definitely pleased with the in stride long ball that he threw. It seemed like the play took 18 seconds to develop. But, he stepped up in the pocket and took the time that the o-line gave him. I think he has the potential to develop into a good one.

Going to need to give Milroe some leeway. He is still going to have ups and downs. Consistency is what CNS has harped on about Milroe. Also, he is not going to have as much time or as big of windows to throw in against much better competition.

Rees is going to need to continue to keep putting him in some easy win situations as his confidence grows. Nothing really wrong with a healthy dose of 1 read progressions if they are open. And a successful running game (which the offense is built to) helps those with some play action and RPO. And while I know they want him to be a pocket passer and not a scrambling stray dog out there, his legs are a tremendous weapon that should be utilized in the right spots. I always think back to the Arkansas game last year, when the Hogs were spying him with Bumper Pool, and Milroe abused him and went 77 yards for that touchdown.

Rees is going to need to continue to keep putting him in some easy win situations as his confidence grows. Nothing really wrong with a healthy dose of 1 read progressions if they are open. And a successful running game (which the offense is built to) helps those with some play action and RPO. And while I know they want him to be a pocket passer and not a scrambling stray dog out there, his legs are a tremendous weapon that should be utilized in the right spots. I always think back to the Arkansas game last year, when the Hogs were spying him with Bumper Pool, and Milroe abused him and went 77 yards for that touchdown.

Milroe is a freak athlete. Who has that kind of speed and quickness with that much size? Crazy athleticism...

Only thing I'm going to add right now, is a suggestion for some to keep a macro perspective on Milore's week to week growth and not a micro perspective. Last Saturday was a huge step in the right direction, but there will be some up's and down's ahead. It'll be up to those around him to pick him up at times, including the defense. If he's the player I believe him to be though, he's going to be just fine.
Since the professor here went with economical language...

You've got a point, Bran. I'm not seeing a lot of fans in the middle. I'm not a fan of "it's MTSU" nor am I a fan of he's going to break records. (It very well may be a boom or bust.)

MTSU= solid mid-major.
Bama= did what they should have done against a solid mid-major.

EXACTLY my thoughts! The one read look won't limit us at the moment due to his legs, but progressions will come with experience.

He did. I was pleasantly surprised with his patience in the pocket. Kept his eyes down field mostly.

The problem with that is that he kept his eyes down field on his primary receiver.

He's not gonna get away with that this week.

He needs to trust his "primary" receiver to finish his route while not telegraphing where he's going with the ball.
Damn, I called it

Milroe is a change of pace , situational QB. He is not an every down QB and probably never will be. Legs are his strength not decision making or arm. Had he thrown ball in stride to Roydell, he scores. Wide open was McClellan for TD on same wheel route and didn’t connect. CNS was wise to stick with him to avoid controversy and cause more loss of confidence for him last pm but hoping this experiment is over.

Back
Top Bottom