| FTBL Milroe

Anybody that’s ever played sports before knows that confidence is a hell of a drug. Milroe got himself a dose tonight. And Lord knows he was going to have to earn it, because a decent number of our fans weren’t about to give him any themselves.

That doesn’t mean he will go out and shred Texas… his play is likely going to be a bit of a seesaw early this season, but it was really good to see him play so well out there tonight. Every Bama fan should be in his corner at this point and rooting for him.

In another thread I mentioned consistency. This is what CNS harped on about Milroe. Lets see him do it against a much tougher opponent. Now I personally have always stated Milroe is an elite athlete and he should not be written off so quickly. Of course his athleticism can get him out of a lot of jams but eventlally he will have to make it happen with the game on the line with his arm. Did not get to see the game and will watch it later but heard he was 13-18 for 195 yards with what 3 TD's. Pretty good day for anyone.

Anybody that’s ever played sports before knows that confidence is a hell of a drug. Milroe got himself a dose tonight. And Lord knows he was going to have to earn it, because a decent number of our fans weren’t about to give him any themselves.

That doesn’t mean he will go out and shred Texas… his play is likely going to be a bit of a seesaw early this season, but it was really good to see him play so well out there tonight. Every Bama fan should be in his corner at this point and rooting for him.
I'm not a fan of the term "intermediate route." It doesn't say anything—but you know what I'm talking about, don't you? If he can get that down? They were 10-13 on third down last night...could have been better. (Bama problems.)

Milroe had a heck of a game
He did. I was pleasantly surprised with his patience in the pocket. Kept his eyes down field mostly.

The problem with that is that he kept his eyes down field on his primary receiver.

He's not gonna get away with that this week.

He needs to trust his "primary" receiver to finish his route while not telegraphing where he's going with the ball.

He did great last night. He should be feeling confident going into Texas, but he still needs to prove that last night wasn't a fluke and he can put on consistent performance. FYI, I really liked what Buchner did last night. I'm watching both of them real close going forward. I noticed that Milroe tucks the ball in better when he is running.

Milroe missed some of open guys down the field maybe 2 or 3 times last night...

I know (most) everyone is happy with Milroe’s performance. But,

1. It was Middle Tennessee
2. I still saw flashes of early Jalen Hurts with his first receiver covered and then running

He had a good game but there are many things he can improve upon. He will need to improve to give us a chance against Texas and any SEC team.

I know (most) everyone is happy with Milroe’s performance. But,

1. It was Middle Tennessee
2. I still saw flashes of early Jalen Hurts with his first receiver covered and then running

He had a good game but there are many things he can improve upon. He will need to improve to give us a chance against Texas and any SEC team.

He's a Sophomore, he's still young with limited experience. I think everyone keeps forgetting that. So of course he has room to grow and things he needs to work on. Even Bryce and Tua had things they needed to work on and they were pretty polished players coming to Alabama.

He's a Sophomore, he's still young with limited experience. I think everyone keeps forgetting that. So of course he has room to grow and things he needs to work on. Even Bryce and Tua had things they needed to work on and they were pretty polished players coming to Alabama.

I agree 1000%. The young man has made clear, apparent, positive strides to get better. I'm not sure what more we can ask. It's not like he should be slinging like Bryce or any other predecessor.

Also, one metric (if we can even measure this) that Milroe brings to the table his ability to scramble & flip the field. This side of him has been subdued all through spring & camp because A.) if anyone just touches him, its a sack & B.) he has been working to stay in the pocket more & more. But one of his talents is with out a doubt his ability to scramble. Folks seem to be discounting like its a bad thing. That legit threat (see the TD scramble from the poor snap as exhibit A) to what he can do. Defenses can plan/defend better a pocket passer but it is hard as hell to defend a passer & a legit runner.

So did Arch Manning. Should we expect him to transfer?
Anything is possible… people would round up millions for him…that problem is worse than agents could ever be…
People are licking their chops for Simpson…He could start somewhere quickly..The rules have changed…There will be very little loyalty nowadays…These youngsters can’t help themselves..

It wouldn't be a decision made by Ty if he were to transfer.
Maybe.. but what if someone offered him 10 million to leave?…He is already been through our S&C…so all he needs is a QB guru to get to him… they are offering high school kids as much is 17 million…soon it will infest the established players on a team… unless Congress or the NCAA nuts up..

Back
Top Bottom