| MBB/WBB Miles out for season with ankle injury (UPDATE: charged with capital murder in fatal shooting on The Strip early Sunday morning.)

Oh boy, one of these 😒

It has nothing to do with the tool. Ban guns, and evil intent will still find a way. Ask jolly ole England how their knife violence and murders have skyrocketed.

Nice job being led by emotional statistics that include all gun deaths.

Let's remove suicide out of the "gun deaths" and we're actually lower per-capita of actual gun murder than most countries.

Let's take a step further and also talk about how MOST of the gun deaths in the US happen in the most RESTRICTIVE areas and cities. Chicago, NY, LA, and NO (virtual outright bans) contribute to most of those gun deaths. 4 cities with the MOST RESTRICTIVE gun laws. And ummm... "Gun free zones" like schools? "Buh-but... We had a sign that said "gun free zone" and a law to back it up! "

Seeing a trend?

Novel idea here, but criminals DON'T obey law.

It's what makes them... Ummm.... Criminals.

No amount of legislation and law is going to stop criminals. All it does is neuter law-abiding citizens from the ability to protect themselves from those criminals.

Outside of outright criminals you have kids like the one in this OP that are a product of culture. A fatherless culture that has glorified violence for the last 4 decades thru music and pop culture

You stick this kid in the country and raise him to respect life and with a healthy respect for firearms, and this is a non-issue. No headlines here.

Guaranteed.

But go on with your crusade against "Muh evil gunzzz".

And then turn your attention to cars. Because those are the single greatest killers in this country. We gonna ban cars?

No?

I didn't think so.
Too early in the morning for $hit that actually makes sense. You need to add some Clint. "Go ahead and make my day"

A certain segment of the population believes might make right and guns are the ultimate might. No amount of law is going to change that as the US has always had more gun crime than other countries even before those countries banned their guns.
Little to do with guns....a tool......thats miss used....its messed up people...that dont know how to conduct themselves and have little regard for others ...
"Nothing good happens after midnight" someone said

Nothing to do with guns
Getting back to the subject of the thread ...

In this case with Miles, it does have to do with the gun: it was his. He's not the shooter—by my understanding of Alabama law that doesn't matter in regards to the charges—but that still leaves the question of how the shooter got the gun.

Unfortunately, that's going to bring up the question, "why did he have, or why did he need a gun?" Maybe that's a question better left for the other guy returning fire?

I am not a gun control person but you take unstable/volatile people where things get tense and if they have access to a gun it ends differently than if they do not. To me common sense but I still do not think gun control is the solution. It is an easier button than getting back to the core values that prevented people from doing these type of things to begin with - how they are being raised w/o core values needed !!!! Parents getting back to parenting and doing it with core values and discpiline which I believe is biblical based but I know many disagree with that.

It's not guns (I don't own one) that is the big problem. It is Home that is the problem. No fix.
cde9d76284aa80b7e34cf86aa0428caa.gif

This thread has the potential to go sooo many ways it leaves me shaking my head a bit while sporting a slight smirk. Might as well throw a little gas on the fire.

It could be argued this is a result of the over-sexualization of children and teens.

(I guess I'm sexaphobic now? Dayum...)

"Just ask 100 women, one will say yes." That's a vibe some guys carry; some exercise it habitually. It doesn't matter who, when, or where. Some carry the mentality "I can hit that" and will try.

Based on what her mom said she was shot because she refused to talk to the guy Miles was with. At this point, let's consider her friend. He "stood up," and as a result we have our conversation today. Was it his home life that instilled the instinct to stand up? I digress ...

The "I can hit that" vibe starts at an early age now. It doesn't sit well with me; I'm sure others feel the same. But I can't say his home life is at fault as much as it is environment; to a degree possibly culture.

It's not guns (I don't own one) that is the big problem. It is Home that is the problem. No fix.
FWIW, someone who knows Darius says his situation isn't one where you could look at his life—IE: look what he grew up in and around—and start assigning root causes or blame. Using the stereotype, Miles isn't "cut of that cloth."

I also understand he tried to walk away from the scene but the shooter had no such intent. I think we all can agree it's easy to get dragged into things we want no part of.
This is by no means meant as excusing Miles. As Brandon mentioned earlier there were issues preceding this weekend that ... well, "personal matters" covers A LOT of ground. Personally, back in the last week of December I'd already added another available scholarship.

If I were living in Tuscaloosa I'd know this. If I were there this morning, I'd go count.

How many cameras do you suppose are in a two block radius of Grace and University? Let's just call Publix one.

Oh boy, one of these 😒

It has nothing to do with the tool. Ban guns, and evil intent will still find a way. Ask jolly ole England how their knife violence and murders have skyrocketed.

Nice job being led by emotional statistics that include all gun deaths.

Let's remove suicide out of the "gun deaths" and we're actually lower per-capita of actual gun murder than most countries.

Let's take a step further and also talk about how MOST of the gun deaths in the US happen in the most RESTRICTIVE areas and cities. Chicago, NY, LA, and NO (virtual outright bans) contribute to most of those gun deaths. 4 cities with the MOST RESTRICTIVE gun laws. And ummm... "Gun free zones" like schools? "Buh-but... We had a sign that said "gun free zone" and a law to back it up! "

Seeing a trend?

Novel idea here, but criminals DON'T obey law.

It's what makes them... Ummm.... Criminals.

No amount of legislation and law is going to stop criminals. All it does is neuter law-abiding citizens from the ability to protect themselves from those criminals.

Outside of outright criminals you have kids like the one in this OP that are a product of culture. A fatherless culture that has glorified violence for the last 4 decades thru music and pop culture

You stick this kid in the country and raise him to respect life and with a healthy respect for firearms, and this is a non-issue. No headlines here.

Guaranteed.

But go on with your crusade against "Muh evil gunzzz".

And then turn your attention to cars. Because those are the single greatest killers in this country. We gonna ban cars?

No?

I didn't think so.
Not sure if this is directed at me but if you read it I am saying no laws are going to fix this problem. I own guns and am fully against more gun control, especially the back door shit Biden and his cronies are trying to get people to accept. That is the point.

Getting back to the subject of the thread ...

In this case with Miles, it does have to do with the gun: it was his. He's not the shooter—by my understanding of Alabama law that doesn't matter in regards to the charges—but that still leaves the question of how the shooter got the gun.

Unfortunately, that's going to bring up the question, "why did he have, or why did he need a gun?" Maybe that's a question better left for the other guy returning fire?
The gun is an instrument. Like alcohol is an instrument. Or a fast moving corvette ( ruggs situation. Still killing someoone). Inanimate objects They have no soul. No thinking brain

If in anger..carelessness. Stupidity A person will find away to do what they intend

Of course. Card. Guns. Knives. Alcohol could all be banned. Save lives but ...they are in prisonS. And there are still murders

cde9d76284aa80b7e34cf86aa0428caa.gif

This thread has the potential to go sooo many ways it leaves me shaking my head a bit while sporting a slight smirk. Might as well throw a little gas on the fire.

It could be argued this is a result of the over-sexualization of children and teens.

(I guess I'm sexaphobic now? Dayum...)

"Just ask 100 women, one will say yes." That's a vibe some guys carry; some exercise it habitually. It doesn't matter who, when, or where. Some carry the mentality "I can hit that" and will try.

Based on what her mom said she was shot because she refused to talk to the guy Miles was with. At this point, let's consider her friend. He "stood up," and as a result we have our conversation today. Was it his home life that instilled the instinct to stand up? I digress ...

The "I can hit that" vibe starts at an early age now. It doesn't sit well with me; I'm sure others feel the same. But I can't say his home life is at fault as much as it is environment; to a degree possibly culture.

I am in 100% agreement with you on the oversexualization and even how drinking is advertised. Just like cigarette ads in the past. People buy into it all big time. Most aren't mentally capable to handle it all in a mature manner.

Miles might not be “cut from that cloth” but he made the choice to hang around with those that do. Like @50+yeartidefan said, nothing good happens after midnight. Hanging around the wrong people definitely don’t help either. Guessing the “personal matters” Miles was dealing with stemmed from the company he kept and that got him in the doghouse with Oats. Late to class, late to meetings, not going to class, etc. because you are hanging with your boy from back home isn’t going to help.

CNO handled that about as well as you possibly could considering the circumstances.

Showed a lot of restraint by not calling the person who inquired about his team rules, "a fucking idiot."

Also, was thinking about similar cases this am.... There was a very recent murder case involving an active UAB football player... maybe 3 or 4 years ago? I know he was sentenced recently. Don't recall the exact details but he shot and killed a female UAB student in a parking deck on campus during a dispute over an iphone or something. Almost positive it was capital murder too because the female was in her vehicle when she was shot (it may have also been considered robbery as well which would do it).

I think unfortunately, this stuff happens with these athletes more than we realize (or remember).

There was a very recent murder case involving an active UAB football player... maybe 3 or 4 years ago? I know he was sentenced recently.
Stevens, or Stephens...something like that...a hispanic first name I can't recall without looking it up. I recall the case being settled, after being vacated, around the time football season started last year. All I recall were fake AirPods, accusations of fake money, and the death of a nursing student. It seems like there was a boyfriend involved.

More recently, the three UVA players who were murdered on the bus.

Back
Top Bottom