| MBB/WBB Miles out for season with ankle injury (UPDATE: charged with capital murder in fatal shooting on The Strip early Sunday morning.)

Good lord. I heard about out for season with injury, but nothing about this. Have we ever seen anything like this in major college sports? I know what happened at Miami, but no player was arrested. We know about Aaron Hernandez, but not arrested while at Florida. I know about the armed robberies back at Carter in the 80's in Texas high school. This is on another level though.

Sorry to hear about this young lady losing her life. The two that are being charged for the shooting. To play basketball at Bama to now going to prison.

Ladies arguing with the guys? He shot the ladies? that's personal. Something happened between them for this to get bad.
Hard to determine with the facts on that, but sounded to me like two groups were arguing about this. Sounds like more than just 2 people involved here. I definitely hope the best for the family of the victim and that justice be served. This is another sad scenario for the day.

This is some really messed up stuff. Hate all of this for everyone involved. We had a shooting at a teen birthday party around us recently. I just do not uncerstand people anymore. This is taking a persons life. How have we lost our moral compass when it comes to a persons life!!!!

Plain and simple, these young kids today have or see no value for human life. They get “disrespected” and instead of firing by lack with their own insult or throwing hands, they shoot one another. Sounds like they had words and Miles and his accomplice followed them out to their car and shot at them and the driver fired back. Sad situation all the way around.

He was kinda lucky he was still on the team at all, but I guess he went ahead and took care of that... not that his status in that regard should be his concern now. For his sake, I hope he didn't pull the trigger at all during the confrontation and has evidence and statement(s) to back that up... but he's in deep shit regardless.

As far as other instances, the recent Va Tech shooing was somewhat similar. Shooter wasn't on the team anymore technically, but more than likely Miles had played his last game at UA too before today... so not like he was real active with the team. There was also a shooting incident a couple months ago with a New Mexico St. basketball player that resulted in someone getting killed on campus. If I remember correctly, he was claiming self defense... not sure if he was ever charged or not. Only reason I even know about it is because I follow someone on The Twitter who covers sports out there in that market and it was big news there for a couple days.

A certain segment of the population believes might make right and guns are the ultimate might. No amount of law is going to change that as the US has always had more gun crime than other countries even before those countries banned their guns.
Oh boy, one of these 😒

It has nothing to do with the tool. Ban guns, and evil intent will still find a way. Ask jolly ole England how their knife violence and murders have skyrocketed.

Nice job being led by emotional statistics that include all gun deaths.

Let's remove suicide out of the "gun deaths" and we're actually lower per-capita of actual gun murder than most countries.

Let's take a step further and also talk about how MOST of the gun deaths in the US happen in the most RESTRICTIVE areas and cities. Chicago, NY, LA, and NO (virtual outright bans) contribute to most of those gun deaths. 4 cities with the MOST RESTRICTIVE gun laws. And ummm... "Gun free zones" like schools? "Buh-but... We had a sign that said "gun free zone" and a law to back it up! "

Seeing a trend?

Novel idea here, but criminals DON'T obey law.

It's what makes them... Ummm.... Criminals.

No amount of legislation and law is going to stop criminals. All it does is neuter law-abiding citizens from the ability to protect themselves from those criminals.

Outside of outright criminals you have kids like the one in this OP that are a product of culture. A fatherless culture that has glorified violence for the last 4 decades thru music and pop culture

You stick this kid in the country and raise him to respect life and with a healthy respect for firearms, and this is a non-issue. No headlines here.

Guaranteed.

But go on with your crusade against "Muh evil gunzzz".

And then turn your attention to cars. Because those are the single greatest killers in this country. We gonna ban cars?

No?

I didn't think so.

Awful events. Awful. I hate it for the lady who lost her life as well as her family and friends. Some terrible decisions made in the early hours of the morning.

On a side note, and obviously less important note, I hope the team can stay focused and not be distracted by Miles’ actions. This could certainly cause a distraction for a minute.

Back
Top Bottom