| MBB/WBB Miles out for season with ankle injury (UPDATE: charged with capital murder in fatal shooting on The Strip early Sunday morning.)

More recently, the three UVA players who were murdered on the bus.

Mentioned that one on page 1 but brain fart caused me to put Va Tech.

ADDENDUM TO THE ALABAMA BASKETBALL TEAM POLICIES
The following provisions shall form part of the Student-Athletes Contract:

1. Do not get charged with Capital Murder.
2. Do not commit Capital Murder.

I may be off here, but when I heard the question it sounded like they were fishing for Oats to mention something about players having firearms. Regardless of the context or intent of it, dumb question.

Even if Miles didn’t actually fire the shot, isn’t he considered an accomplice? His weapon, even if it was legal, etc was used to commit capital murder, firing into an occupied vehicle. These kids have got to understand that they are held to and should be held to a higher standard than the ordinary student. You have to put some space between you and those back home that didn’t make it out. You can’t put yourself in situations. We all remember Rolando McClain, dude kept his nose clean when Saban arrived and he stayed on campus. Basically, every single time he went back to Decatur/home, his ass got involved in some kind of shit. I pray for the victim’s family. I have no clue the grief they are experiencing right now. I pray for Darius’ mom and family. Again, I have no clue!

Even if Miles didn’t actually fire the shot, isn’t he considered an accomplice? His weapon, even if it was legal, etc was used to commit capital murder, firing into an occupied vehicle. These kids have got to understand that they are held to and should be held to a higher standard than the ordinary student. You have to put some space between you and those back home that didn’t make it out. You can’t put yourself in situations. We all remember Rolando McClain, dude kept his nose clean when Saban arrived and he stayed on campus. Basically, every single time he went back to Decatur/home, his ass got involved in some kind of shit. I pray for the victim’s family. I have no clue the grief they are experiencing right now. I pray for Darius’ mom and family. Again, I have no clue!

A member of the TPD said in an interview this weekend that the actions of both parties merit a capital murder charge. Whatever Miles did...Not good, not good at all.

I saw national headlines, this morning in fact, still pointing to Miles as the shooter. Was it for traffic? Or, they just didn't bother to find out?

Like we've been saying since day one.

How loosely is AL.com using "provided?"

Really ...... poor choice of words.

Last edited:
Just read Miles provided the gun, but didn’t fire the weapon. He’ll be offered a plea agreement and likely have charges dropped and/or lessened, but he’s looking at substantial time

I was hoping you would comment since I understand you are ex-law enforcement. So is the word "provided" used because Miles owned the gun.

Back
Top Bottom