| FTBL McFadden should still be the Heisman frontrunner...

The sad fact is, McFadden will probably not win the Heisman based off what his team does this year.

McFadden could be the best player in the country in any division and lose it someone like Matt Ryan if BC wins some games and Arkansas loses some games. The whole Heisman thing has become nothing more than a popularity contest with one of the major deciding factors being how many games your team wins. Because we all know that you're the best player in the country if your team wins a few games right?

One of the Heisman races that will always stick out in my mind was from 04 I believe when Miami quarterback Ken Dorsey was one of the top 3-5 favorites. Ken Dorsey was nominated solely because he played quarterback for a talented Miami team that won a lot of games. Not because he was a special player. The fact is, Dorsey wasn't even the best player on his team that year. A guy name Willis McGahee was. And it wasn't even close.

You might have heard of McGahee, as he's one of the NFL's top running backs.

porkchop said:
The sad fact is, McFadden will probably not win the Heisman based off what his team does this year.

McFadden could be the best player in the country in any division and lose it someone like Matt Ryan if BC wins some games and Arkansas loses some games. The whole Heisman thing has become nothing more than a popularity contest with one of the major deciding factors being how many games your team wins. Because we all know that you're the best player in the country if your team wins a few games right?

One of the Heisman races that will always stick out in my mind was from 04 I believe when Miami quarterback Ken Dorsey was one of the top 3-5 favorites. Ken Dorsey was nominated solely because he played quarterback for a talented Miami team that won a lot of games. Not because he was a special player. The fact is, Dorsey wasn't even the best player on his team that year. A guy name Willis McGahee was. And it wasn't even close.

You might have heard of McGahee, as he's one of the NFL's top running backs.

Agreed !!!

Back
Top Bottom