| FTBL LSU???

What I learned form this game is that LSU has no go to RB yet. Hester will not be an effective RB in the SEC. LSU's OL is not that good. Their run defense is very good but who knows if their pass defense is any good b/c Henig was awful. Course, the MSU WRs did not help him any. Once LSU scored to make it 24-0 the MSU team threw in the towel. I came away completely unimpressed with LSU. I do not think that is a top 10 team. It may be a top 10 defense but not a top 10 team. I think they will lose 2 or 3 games this year unless Flynn really steps it up.

A couple of things I learned in this game tonight.

(1) For all of LSU's supposed talent, Jacob Hester is the tailback. Look, I like Hester as a football player. He's a solid player and a good fullback. Hester's not a go-to tailback though. LSU will never go to the promised land with Hester at tailback.

(2) Say what you want to about it being the first game and all, but LSU will lose 2 games this year. Why will they lose two? Because under Miles they always lose 2. It's a given. A fact. Par for the course you might say. LSU will lose 2 games this year atleast.

LSU struggled offensively early and while I understand it was the first game this is what sticks out to me.

(1) MSU is MSU. They'll be lucky to win 4 games this year. Talk their defense up all you want to, but they were only in tonight's game for 18 minutes due to LSU's botched scoring attempts. It had a lot more to do with LSU than it did with MSU.

(2) LSU really opened things up in the second half against a ....well....a LOUSY team. While LSU has a great defense their offense is not all that. Let LSU play some of the conference's better teams and see what happens.

Par for the course here. LSU is flashy and talented and LSU will lose atleast 2 games this season. Just like they always do.

The lack of a running game and a unstable o-line will be LSU's downfall. I really did not care for their playcalls at all. Instead of "Darby up the middle" they had "Holliday to the outside". I was impressed with LSU's D-line but overall the secondary and linebackers were not tested by the horrible..HORRIBLE offense of MSU. If Henig continues to play, MSU may win 2 or 3 games. He is a gunslinger without a gun.

The Tale Of Four Quarters

Early in the contest State was dominant I thought! Especially Dixon! Henig could have kept the passing to mid and short passing and been much more effective. Instead he attacked what many regard as an acknowledged D. This proved to be a mistake. Croom represented State and his former university, Ala, with alot of class. He was a remarkable player for Bear. Should MSU not hang their heads after this they might forge a real fighter of a team. State's running game is powerful when it's moving and the passing is the weakness. (I personally like to get the bugs out of a teams offense in practice though) Bear built that tower for a reason.

As I posted before "LSU'S young O line is young and misfired in the first quarter enough to give Ala a victory" were they to have met last night. This assumes that LSU was not doing it to appear ineffective!

Flynn's arm is not Russell's and he was inundated in rust.

I did not see a big play from LSU.

GoodScotch said:
I think LSU did exactly what they needed to do. Get out with a win, showing as little as possible from the offense, and pray for no injuries. I think the offensive line and offense in general looked rusty. However, LSU is replacing an offensive coordinator, O-line coach, and WR coach so it will take some time to gel. Fortunately, the Defense is pretty damn good.

I hate to agree with a Bengal fan :wink:, but I do to a point. However, there are a couple of things that I'm still curious about:

1. No sacks in the first half. MSU's offensive line protected the quarterback pretty well. Had Henig been on the same page with his receivers, the complexion of the first half would have been very different. IMO

2. I'm still uncertain about a first year starting quarterback. He does seem to be talented, but he's still going to make first year mistakes at times, fifth year senior or not.

Still, I do agree with Scotch that they did what they had to do to win without tipping their hand too much. They got out of the game with no injuries, and they scored plenty of points without allowing a weaker team to score on them. (Always a good way to get votes) All in all, I think our Acadian friends played a good game. Still, V Tech will be a better barometer of what kind of team they have. JMO

First game of the season guys, LSU gets four picks "INTS" in case some none football fans are reading. 31 points off turnovers. Defense pitchs a shut out, 2nd half they settled down and played ball. I don't know what game some you were watching seems to me LSU is going to a strong adversary where ever they play, thus is the case with the SEC teams.

Don't be blinded by Crimson eyes this team did look good IMO and played well, being it was MSU I will say they're not the strongest opposition. Given the facts some rust had to knocked off, new QB in postion, and all teams are beatable first game of the season no?

WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
henig sucked

This has been your best post to date.

Argo said:
GoodScotch said:
Fortunately, the Defense is pretty damn good.

Are you making this statement based primarily off of this game? You guys played a great game, but not one of the 7 turnovers was a forced takeaway. The 5 interceptions LSU got were floated directly to the LSU defender. One fumble recovery was off of a mishandled snap. I don't remember seeing the other turnover, so maybe LSU did have one legit takeaway.

One interception was due to a LSU defender pretty much having perfect coverage. Ran right with the receiver. I want to say the guy's name was Zenon? Can't remember, I'm sure Scotch remembers better lol. I wouldn't say that pass was "floated right to him". Henig did throw quite a few forced throws that looked right to the defenders, but you don't pick off 6 passes without being good. Their defense is just that, good.

In other news, Steltz probably won't have another interception all season. :lol:

I made the statement based off of:
1. Glen Dorsey and Tyson Jackson on the line
2. Two senior corners in Zenon and Alabama's own, Chevis Jackson
3. Returning the Lb core of Highsmith, Beckwith, and Sanders
4. Bo Pelini calling the shots.
5. We got this guy --http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/9512002.html?c=y&photoID=4410322&caption=Roscoe+the+tiger+greets+fans+in+Mike+the+Tiger%27s+open+air+habitat+at+LSU+on+Saturday+morning.++Roscoe+is+expected+to+become+Mike+VI.&credit=Advocate+staff+photo+by+STEVE+KASHISHIAN

I don't feel I was really going out on a limp by saying LSU's defense will be pretty damn good.

Back
Top Bottom