| GAME THREAD šŸˆ LSU versus Alabama: 7 ET, on ESPN

Not sure this is all on Marone. Itā€™s not possible to block all defenders at the LOS when you are outnumbered. The only chance the corndogs had to stop the offense was to gamble every play which they basically did. Short passing game was the go to here. The 2 equalizers, #19 and 81 have all but disappeared. The tone was set early with the Latu drop.
I agree with this. How many times did you see 6 or 7 rushers against the 5 lineman (with a TE split wider). I noticed it several times. BY & CNS seem to have lost any confidence in Billingsley and are rapidly losing it with Latu.
Also. not pumping sunshine but I told my daughter last night during the game that, in a way, it must be fun to have 4 downs on offense & be able to blitz every down.
In honor of Josey Wales (quoting songs) "when you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose"

I agree with this. How many times did you see 6 or 7 rushers against the 5 lineman (with a TE split wider). I noticed it several times. BY & CNS seem to have lost any confidence in Billingsley and are rapidly losing it with Latu.
Also. not pumping sunshine but I told my daughter last night during the game that, in a way, it must be fun to have 4 downs on offense & be able to blitz every down.
In honor of Josey Wales (quoting songs) "when you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose"

Is Billingsly hurt? I saw a #19 in street clothes walking with what looked like a boot on his foot.

If theyā€™re blitzing every play, shouldnā€™t we make some adjustments? If thatā€™s a winning formula, Iā€™d think everyone would employ it. They were down a lot of defensive talent. Should not have held us to 20.

A few questions/observations:

Is Drew Sanders healthy? I mean I know he played, but Iā€™m surprised that Turner seems to have skipped him on the depth chart.

As far as the OL, itā€™s mostly just that right side. Most depth charts I have seen are saying that Latham is working more at RGā€¦Iā€™m surprised we havenā€™t seen him step in at RT. Early reports were that he was looking awfully studly

Also, people, I realize thereā€™s holes, but weā€™re 8-1ā€¦we get every teamā€™s best shot. Chill out. This team is not terrible - quit getting so emotional.

A few questions/observations:

Is Drew Sanders healthy? I mean I know he played, but Iā€™m surprised that Turner seems to have skipped him on the depth chart.

As far as the OL, itā€™s mostly just that right side. Most depth charts I have seen are saying that Latham is working more at RGā€¦Iā€™m surprised we havenā€™t seen him step in at RT. Early reports were that he was looking awfully studly

Also, people, I realize thereā€™s holes, but weā€™re 8-1ā€¦we get every teamā€™s best shot. Chill out. This team is not terrible - quit getting so emotional.
I do not think this is the case. I think Sanders was only cleared to play this week so he has not practiced much. Likely Saban was just going to get him a few snaps until he gets back in playing shape and fully healed up. My thoughts anyway. #15 is getting better he did have a sack at a critical time last night. Be nice to build some more depth up.

Back
Top Bottom