| NEWS LSU Tigers care so much about Alabama Crimson TIde - ESPN

The rest of your comment does seem to suggest that you're implying we have little say where our bye week goes? Not sure, but if so, that would be a mistake. Bama has chosen LSU as LSU has chosen Bama and the league has obliged. Just like when we used to choose Tennessee and sometimes the barners.
The SEC sets the schedule. There are no SEC games set for the week before LSU in Bama's case (as is the case with LSU as well.) This season Bama could (assuming they could find one) play an OOC game that weekend in most years. Remember, this is a weird year with 14 Saturday's coming after Labor Day and before the SECCG's date.

Technically, the SEC has three bye weeks this season. Florida is the only school that has chosen to play the third weekend of August while other teams don't have anyone scheduled.

Highly technical indeed. But don't kid yourself, Bama has 3 byes as well without the technicality. The last one is always played right before the barner game.

This is just like some of the conferences saying they weren't going to schedule anymore FCS teams and they have: indicating one thing and doing another. While Bama, UT, and LSU have three this season UGA has five conference opponents coming off of bye weeks.

I'm not aware of more than 3 league games having a bye until we got to the double bye season. Perhaps there was no way around the scheduling. We have 3 bye teams ourselves but Georgia has got a beef. It just won't get them anywhere at this point and time.

The SEC sets the schedule. There are no SEC games set for the week before LSU in Bama's case (as is the case with LSU as well.) This season Bama could (assuming they could find one) play an OOC game that weekend in most years. Remember, this is a weird year with 14 Saturday's coming after Labor Day and before the SECCG's date.

I'm not following you. Are you saying no SEC team plays each other on the Bama/LSU bye week?

@TUSKtimes, no, I'm saying the SEC doesn't schedule another SEC team for Bama or LSU that week. If you look at the UGA vs Florida game you'll see they both get off weeks from SEC play the week before their annual meeting.

Actually, I've taken a hard look weeks ago and continue to stare at it occasionally. The schedule also says we have a mutual bye week with Texas A&M this season. Which is maybe as important as the LSU bye week. Especially playing in College Station and getting 2 weeks to get rested and ready after playing a stretch of 5 teams.

My comment to shotgun was about picking the bye week spots and each team or head coach/AD, if you like, has a role in that. That hasn't changed.

The best thing I can say about 2 bye weeks, and there are many, is regardless of teams picking their spots, Bama, Georgia, and others will be better rested to handle it. Georgia gets a bye after Notre Dame, which is their 4th game and has a mutual bye week with Tennessee and Florida. That takes the sting out of it and comes nowhere close to what we experienced in attrition in 2010. Plus, and maybe you were alluding to this in your comment if LSU or Florida have to miss another weekend due to bad weather, or anyone else, the double byes make the schedule much more flexible.

I have a really hard-core corn dog support staffer in my office. Very few times has she been able to simply acknowledge a loss to a better team. This morning, she catches me in the hall and says, "I didn't see you guys anywhere over the weekend. No baseball, no track & field, where were you?"

Me: "Recruiting".

She just walked away.
Stupid? Blind? Or both?
Both mens and womens track finished in the top 10 this past weekend. (W, 7th, M, 10th.)

Back
Top Bottom