| FTBL LSU students selling Houndstooth hats with LSU colors...

shipley00

Roy, along with two friends, Mustafa Mohammad, political science junior, and Hussien Mohammad, communication studies senior, purchased 60 houndstooth hats - an iconic symbol of Alabama's most beloved football coach, Bryant - and are decorating them with LSU fanfare
;scr Hmmmm.....could be a terrorist plot.

"We wore [the hats] to the Taste of Tiger Tailgating the week before the season started, and a lot of people liked it," Roy said. "A guy taking a bus [of people to the game] said he wanted them for this whole bus to wear. Everybody loved them. It's what LSU fans would do. It's what we're known for."

70show_RedForman.jpg

How is them pumping money into OUR athletic departments by buying officially licensed University of Alabama souvenirs supposed to be a “jab” at us exactly? I say, let’s thank these guys for helping add another upperdeck to our stadium.

Yeah, I can see those hats being a major problem. Honestly, if I was drunk and pissed off like some of our fans could be, it wouldn't take but a small comment and the look of that hat to set me off.

bamafan4ever said:
Too bad LSU doesn't have any iconic figures that we can take jabs!

Exactly! I'm sure a few of them are gonna get whoop'd up on when they hit Alabama dirt. Oh well, serves em right!

For the most part, LSU fans just continue to impress me. :roll:

So, some of you are advocating violence against people who "deface" something very important to you?

And then one of you makes a racist statement about a "terrorist plot"?

Stay classy, young men, stay classy.

You would have been better served to follow the example of your elder (bamafan4ever) and make fun of the lack of LSU history.

Randy: Houndstooth is a licensed trademark of the U of A? That one was new on me.

Nobody will ever wear it like Coach Bryant.

It may be a slam on the Tide and Coach Bryant but think about it this way.. They are honoring him by buying it.. This way they can take the purple and gold off of it and wear it out when they lose :D

Just my opinion, I think whether they do this or not, someone will be killed at this game.. Regardless... I will enjoy it from the safety of my favorite chair at home.

Tigrinum Major said:
So, some of you are advocating violence against people who "deface" something very important to you?

You would have been better served to follow the example of your elder (bamafan4ever) and make fun of the lack of LSU history.

Randy: Houndstooth is a licensed trademark of the U of A? That one was new on me.

Lighten up, Francis. You know better than to take everything that seriously around here.

Tigrinum Major said:
chevy0082 said:
Just my opinion, I think whether they do this or not, someone will be killed at this game..

Surely you are kidding.

Well, that is Stewie. Maybe he is implying he will finally kill Lois at this game? (Sorry for the obscure “Family Guy” reference.)

And I never said the “Houndstooth is a licensed trademark of the U of A”, I said they bought “officially licensed University of Alabama souvenirs”. If you look at the picture in the article, the particular hat they bought is an officially licensed University of Alabama souvenir available mainly at UofA bookstores and Bama Fever. They more than likely bought these hats from a site like BamaFever.com and a portion of the proceeds went to the UofA. That’s all I’m saying.

Tigrinum Major said:
chevy0082 said:
Just my opinion, I think whether they do this or not, someone will be killed at this game..

Surely you are kidding.

I honestly hope not. That would be taking it a little too far. :?

I think some folks may get roughed up though! I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying. :wink:

Tigrinum Major said:

So, how does calling a guy named Roy a possible terrorist make the post racist?

Wiseace615 said:
Tigrinum Major said:

So, how does calling a guy named Roy a possible terrorist make the post racist?

i think he was referring to the Muhammad folks....

but i think there is def. gone be some whooped asses over this.

Tigrinum Major said:

need another hug already? every try yoga or tai chi or something to try to relax? ;sh

RollTideRandy said:
Tigrinum Major said:
chevy0082 said:

Surely you are kidding.

Well, that is Stewie. Maybe he is implying he will finally kill Lois at this game? (Sorry for the obscure “Family Guy” reference.)

And I never said the “Houndstooth is a licensed trademark of the U of A”, I said they bought “officially licensed University of Alabama souvenirs”. If you look at the picture in the article, the particular hat they bought is an officially licensed University of Alabama souvenir available mainly at UofA bookstores and Bama Fever. They more than likely bought these hats from a site like BamaFever.com and a portion of the proceeds went to the UofA. That’s all I’m saying.

Certain people like to pick out certain parts of a post and twist it to make them feel better. This guy seems to be one of them.

I think it's a compliment myself. It did make me a little angry at first, but then I started trying to figure out something LSU had which oozed with tradition and class such as The Bear, Houndstooth Hat, etc. and I couldn't really think of anything (corndogs? two male fans kissing each other? I'm reaching here...) So, it might just be a case of hey we don't have anything for our own so we will cop something of yours and make it look LSUish. Or, it might just be them being morons? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom