| FTBL LSU students selling Houndstooth hats with LSU colors...

The LSU fans can wear the hat; heck they can even stick a feather it and call it macaroni for all I care. Regardless of what other fans wear, say, or do; Bryant's houndstooth hat will remain ad infinitum what it is today - a world-renowned symbol of Alabama football excellence.

It's pretty darn funny when you think about it. Not only do we have THE greatest coach of all time - now we've also got THEIR greatest coach of all time as well – no wonder they’re upset at us! :)

They’re trying to desecrate something they think is sacred to us - Bryant's hat…whatever. It’s a friggin’ hat! This is yet another reason the recent successes of their program will be short-lived. They fail to grasp what makes a winner is what's in the heart and not what's on top of the head.

Roll Tide

AFF said:
The LSU fans can wear the hat; heck they can even stick a feather it and call it macaroni for all I care. Regardless of what other fans wear, say, or do; Bryant's houndstooth hat will remain ad infinitum what it is today - a world-renowned symbol of Alabama football excellence.

It's pretty darn funny when you think about it. Not only do we have THE greatest coach of all time - now we've also got THEIR greatest coach of all time as well – no wonder they’re upset at us! :)

They’re trying to desecrate something they think is sacred to us - Bryant's hat…whatever. It’s a friggin’ hat! This is yet another reason the recent successes of their program will be short-lived. They fail to grasp what makes a winner is what's in the heart and not what's on top of the head.

Roll Tide

That's a bit short sighted. Dietzel was a hell of a coach. Charlie McClendon did a good job as did Bill Arnsparger.

so here's a question...are they buying the houndstooth hats from a bama store and then putting their LSU colors on them...kinda funny if they are.

if they are, I just wanna say thanks for supporting our school :D

bamafan4ever said:
Too bad LSU doesn't have any iconic figures that we can take jabs!

During basketball season, we could wear gym socks pushed down like Pistol Pete used to do. :roll:

RuffinUnderOaksPeteMaravich.jpg

AFF said:

Roll Tide

;tr

Anyone who goes into anothers house for the reason of trying to disrespect someone needs a beatdown.

That person couldve just used common sense, going in gold and purple is one thing, but wearing something that disrespects the one thing every Alabama fan believes in(tradition) in a home game just screams "smack me around".

And so I can say that I feel it is wrong to harrass, physically or verbally, a fan trying to support an away team, but I am a firm advocate of hitting stupid people. I wouldn't personally, but I am not going to feel bad if it happens.

IMHO, LSU fans can wear houndstooth hats if they want to so long as they do it with good intention. Good intentions could range from showing respect to our tradition or simply being festive. However, it is my belief that all of these hats will not be worn with good intention. While we shouldn't advocate violence against LSU fans who choose to sport houndstooth hats, it is important to note that perception is really what matters in this situation. If an Alabama fan sees an LSU fan with a houndstooth hat on, it might offend the Alabama fan. I believe this whole houndstooth hat thing to be similar to opposing players stomping up and down on a school's midfield logo. Basically, LSU fans can wear the houndstooth hat if they wear them with good intentions. I would never dream of advocating violence against any fan that wears one, but I cannot promise that all peoples surrounding the ball game will be so smart. Wearing the hat is asking for it. If you ask for it, you just might get it. Were I an LSU fan, I would simply avoid the situation all together and don the purple and gold and yell loud like I'm known for. Sometimes is just not best to mess with people's religion.

Look at like this you don't got into a NASCAR event wearing #3 Sr E sucks. If you did don't you think you'd be asking for trouble....? They will get just what they're looking for TROUBLE I'd bet. One other factor you might one to think about. This could be motivation for us.

It'd be fine for them safety wise if our fans thought it out. As many have already said, you'd have to stretch an explainable angle pretty far to make this a knock. It is flattery. It's the closest they can come to stealing a BAMA coach.

It's almost as dumb as the "tiger bait" chant they do. They're tigers. They call their opponents "bait". Normally "bait" leads to the end of whatever of creature it's meant for. They may as well chant " We think you will lead to our doom" as to chant tiger bait.

This just proves one thing; obviously they must think Les Miles is their version of Coach Bryant <BS> with their LSWHO houndstooth hats. Hey thats ok, go ahead talk all you want but come Nov. 3 Bama WILL do their talking on the field ;w;w . Maybe LSWHO should talk to such people as Gino Torretta, Lamar Thomas. You guys think ur jus gonna waltz into BDS and smoke us but reality is gonna set in when the clock strikes :00 and the Crimson Tide posts another big W on our record.
ROLL TIDE ROLL a$#

Whole thing's a non-event. If it weren't for papers searching for off-week fodder, it'd never have made headlines.

I refuse to wear anything acknowledging another team. I don't like the "I hate orange" t-shirts and stuff like that.

I believe that when your attire is based upon who you're against and not who you're for, you've lost the battle.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
I refuse to wear anything acknowledging another team. I don't like the "I hate orange" t-shirts and stuff like that.

I believe that when your attire is based upon who you're against and not who you're for, you've lost the battle.

RTR,

Tim

Thank you! You're one of few people I know that get this.

"I hate orange but I'm going to wear a shirt that is almost 1/3 orange!"
:roll:

Typical of LSWho fans and the last sentence in that article proves that.

They forgot the glitter and S&M outfits most of them wear. :roll:

I'm going to see how many of those LSU/houndstooth hats I can grab right off their head come game time at BDS. :lol:

And yes I also agree that alchohol + rabid fans on both sides = good ole southern beat downs. I only have one tip for any LSU fan who dares to wear that shit at BDS. Expect what's coming to you if you show that much disrespect to a school. I will not feel sorry for any of them that gets their fruity asses kicked or disappears before the game even starts.

BAMA JAMMA said:
Typical of LSWho fans.

They forgot the glitter and S&N outfits most of them wear. :roll:

I'm going to see how many of those LSU/houndstooth hats I can grab right off their head come game time at BNS. :lol:

And yes I also agree that alchohol + rabid fans on both sides = good ole southern beat downs. I only have one tip for any LSU fan who dares to wear that sh*t at BNS. Expect what's coming to you if you show that much disrespect to a school. I will not feel sorry for any of them that gets their fruity asses kicked or disappears before the game even starts.

ROFL @ jammer
Tigrinum Major said:
So, some of you are advocating violence against people who "deface" something very important to you?

And then one of you makes a racist statement about a "terrorist plot"?

Stay classy, young men, stay classy.

You would have been better served to follow the example of your elder (bamafan4ever) and make fun of the lack of LSU history.

Randy: Houndstooth is a licensed trademark of the U of A? That one was new on me.
You mean like this Tigrinum? LOL
stoppostingcw3ww2.gif

Back
Top Bottom