| FTBL LSU students selling Houndstooth hats with LSU colors...

It Takes Eleven said:
I refuse to wear anything acknowledging another team. I don't like the "I hate orange" t-shirts and stuff like that.

I believe that when your attire is based upon who you're against and not who you're for, you've lost the battle.

RTR,

Tim

Amen! ;tr

I cant understand the disrespect. I mean, I would never go into another stadium, or friends house and totally disrespect everything they are about. Their football team, or their family. I would like to believe anyone with any self respect or dignity would be the same.

My point being, we are a family, a large family united by one thing, Alabama Football. That is our house, not yours, you are invited to come to our house, but do not come into our house and disrespect our family and our tradition.

I know one thing is for sure, My family and friends are all very close, and if someone comes into one of our homes and disrespects anyone in it, you will not like the consequences that will follow.

Granted, this is just a football game some would say and there is no need to get upset about it. But to some people this is what we were born and raised with. Once a little alcohol gets involved and emotions start running high that you are in OUR HOUSE and you are disrespecting what we were born and raised to love, things will probably not be good.

Just my 2 cents. I think its classless and tacky. I don't think any true Alabama fan would ever drop to their level. At least I hope not.

After re-reading my post, if you like drinking games, this could be turned into one. Take a shot every time I say "our house" or "disrespect". Should get you drunk pretty quick. :D

ROLL TIDE BABY!

Tideboy said:
It Takes Eleven said:
I refuse to wear anything acknowledging another team. I don't like the "I hate orange" t-shirts and stuff like that.

I believe that when your attire is based upon who you're against and not who you're for, you've lost the battle.

RTR,

Tim

Amen! ;tr

I live in Tennessee. I understand, I use to see the Hate Bama bumper stickers and Bama is a 4 letter word bumper stickers and then I stoped seeing them so much. I guess now all the stickers will be back and I love it.

I encourage everyone to use this intended "knock" as a compliment. While at the game, any time you see one of the "bastardized" hats, tell them

"Thanks for supporting the University. And thanks for the coach, he's doing fine so far."

I've discovered that it really irritates the crap out of agitaters if you respond positively.

That's in a dream world, of course. Realistically, I expect that there will be quite a few fights break out (mostly among the students of each school) and while I don't condone violence, as the saying goes:

You mess with the bull, you gotta deal with the horns.

They are pretty much asking for it by attempting to show disrespect. And the purple and gold in that pattern stands a great chance of causing someone to lose their ability to distinguish colors (or at the very least, end up with a nervous twitch of the optic nerve.)

JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom