| FTBL Looks like none of our home games, including our four SEC games, are sold out

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff

Football Partial Plans

5 GAME MINI PLAN
5 Game Mini PlanFIND TICKETS
The 5 game mini plan includes the following:
  • Your choice of LSU or Tennessee
  • Your choice of Ole Miss or Arkansas
  • All three non-conference games
3 GAME MINI PLAN
3 Game Mini PlanFIND TICKETS
The 3 game mini plan includes the following:
  • Your choice of Ole Miss or Arkansas
  • Your choice of Southern Miss or Western Carolina
  • New Mexico State

One thing to keep in mind, being a Bama fan has been hella expensive over the last decade. I have went through all my "spending money", going to two national title games(Texas and LSU), two of the openers in Arlington(UM and USC) and all of the openers in ATL except the last one and this year. Alll of that on top of having season tix for the last 15 years, has wiped me out and I imagine that I am not alone in this. So many of those who normally buy up those packages are probably holding off. I also saw that there were some open season ticket packages available, not sure how many.

One thing to keep in mind, being a Bama fan has been hella expensive over the last decade. I have went through all my "spending money", going to two national title games(Texas and LSU), two of the openers in Arlington(UM and USC) and all of the openers in ATL except the last one and this year. Alll of that on top of having season tix for the last 15 years, has wiped me out and I imagine that I am not alone in this. So many of those who normally buy up those packages are probably holding off. I also saw that there were some open season ticket packages available, not sure how many.

I did not add Duke to my full season package this year. I'm banking on saving money when the tix crater ahead of game time. I will go, I just don't see a compelling market for them. Duke has the fewest followers of anyone we've played in Atlanta, and I believe the quality of the opponent, and perhaps some financial/Atlanta fatigue from the Bama side, will make it a cheap seat.

When I mean Atlanta fatigue, I mean that counting this season we will have played in six of the twelve kickoff classics held at the Dome/Benz, and seven of the eleven SECC held during this same time. Add in the two playoff/NC games, and we've played 15 games in Atlanta since 2008 - and that number could be as high as 17 should we make it to the SECC and first round playoff.

RTR,

Tim

I did not add Duke to my full season package this year. I'm banking on saving money when the tix crater ahead of game time. I will go, I just don't see a compelling market for them. Duke has the fewest followers of anyone we've played in Atlanta, and I believe the quality of the opponent, and perhaps some financial/Atlanta fatigue from the Bama side, will make it a cheap seat.

When I mean Atlanta fatigue, I mean that counting this season we will have played in six of the twelve kickoff classics held at the Dome/Benz, and seven of the eleven SECC held during this same time. Add in the two playoff/NC games, and we've played 15 games in Atlanta since 2008 - and that number could be as high as 17 should we make it to the SECC and first round playoff.

RTR,

Tim
I might consider doing that, as I have not been inside the new stadium yet. My last game there was the last opener in the GaDome against WVU. I have gotten emails offering me tix to the aTm and more recently for the MSU road games at face value but did not bite on either of those.

RTR,

Tim

I'm waiting as well. No way in hell I'm paying $200 a ticket for that game, and then get shoved up top somewhere. I'll wait till they hit $25-$50 for lower level and basically take my entire family for the price Tide Pride was asking.

Atlanta has truly been done to death. With the SECCG and now Atlanta looks like a regular entry into the playoff derby we can play there 3 times in a year. Duke doesn't help and knowing we are a 30 point favorite only adds to the overall apathy. How many quality OOC teams have BDS hosted in the last 15 years? These home and home series can't come soon enough.

Atlanta has truly been done to death. With the SECCG and now Atlanta looks like a regular entry into the playoff derby we can play there 3 times in a year. Duke doesn't help and knowing we are a 30 point favorite only adds to the overall apathy. How many quality OOC teams have BDS hosted in the last 15 years? These home and home series can't come soon enough.

I'd rather the game be in Atlanta over anywhere else other than home. How can you say that's being done to death when the venue is top of the line and actually affordable? Of course I'd like to see home and homes, and living outside of Atlanta I enjoy the short ride, but the money is good, the atmosphere is top notch, and it can't be beat anywhere other than actual Tuscaloosa.

As @It Takes Eleven put it...the Atlanta fatigue...the neutral site fatigue has set in....
And as @BamaFan334 noted.... cost of trying to follow Tide everywhere has gotten
impossible except for a few...
That aside... i am shocked that there are season packages available..... what does that say about the “ maybe exaggerated " stories of season ticket waiting list?....
But mostly the ticket for sec games may be "returns" by schools... could explain...and they are south endzone.... and maybe a mile high or higher... more factors
For the tickets this year..... I could buy around stadium ...a half hour before KO....
Good seats....west side....Sec games...15-20$..( except lsu...i had some extra 2 years ago i could o ly get face for.)....nonconfer...5-10$ or less...

I'd rather the game be in Atlanta over anywhere else other than home. How can you say that's being done to death when the venue is top of the line and actually affordable? Of course I'd like to see home and homes, and living outside of Atlanta I enjoy the short ride, but the money is good, the atmosphere is top notch, and it can't be beat anywhere other than actual Tuscaloosa.

You answered your own question. I too compared it to having a home game. As far as Atlanta is concerned, where else could you play a team like Duke in a neutral setting. There would be 12 people at Jerry's world.

But usc and Miami will be different next 2 years..u think?

I think so, I guess, I hope so. The last time we played USC a number of barner fans from around here made plans to be there. My guess, they just wanted to be at a big-time game and see Jerry's world. And probably root for the Trojans. Those games do draw a lot of interest other than the team's fanbase. With Miami, it was definitely smarter to play them in Atlanta. But again, how freakin' cool would it have been to play the Hurricanes in a night game in Tuscaloosa?

As @It Takes Eleven put it...the Atlanta fatigue...the neutral site fatigue has set in....
And as @BamaFan334 noted.... cost of trying to follow Tide everywhere has gotten
impossible except for a few...
That aside... i am shocked that there are season packages available..... what does that say about the “ maybe exaggerated " stories of season ticket waiting list?....
But mostly the ticket for sec games may be "returns" by schools... could explain...and they are south endzone.... and maybe a mile high or higher... more factors
For the tickets this year..... I could buy around stadium ...a half hour before KO....
Good seats....west side....Sec games...15-20$..( except lsu...i had some extra 2 years ago i could o ly get face for.)....nonconfer...5-10$ or less...

Good point on the opposing team ticket returns.

What's being advertised by UA are mini-packets: not season ticket availability.

The same thing was offered a year ago, to the date, from Bama's ticket office. It's nothing new to have these mini-packets available for purchase. As noted in another thread, those games were still sold out in 2018.

Football 5/10/2018 3:20:00 PM​
University of Alabama to Offer Partial Ticket Plans for 2018 Football Season
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The University of Alabama is offering a limited number of partial ticket plans for the 2018 football season, the Alabama ticket office announced Thursday. The plans will be available for purchase beginning May 15.​
Fans can choose from four-game and six-game ticket packages for games at Bryant-Denny Stadium. The six-game plan includes games with Arkansas State, Texas A&M, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi State and The Citadel. The four-game plan includes Arkansas State, Missouri, Mississippi State and The Citadel. Prices are $415 for the six-game plan and $250 for the four-game plan.​
Alabama also announced that a limited number of tickets are available for purchase for the season-opening Camping World Kickoff game vs. Louisville, which will take place Saturday, Sept. 1, at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Fla.​
To purchase tickets or ticket packages, click here or call the Alabama ticket office at 205-348-BAMA.​
That being said there are still a number of season ticket holders in U1 and U2 who aren't pleased with the new arrangements. I've ran across a few that are saying they won't renew at the current price structure.

What's being advertised by UA are mini-packets: not season ticket availability.

The same thing was offered a year ago, to the date, from Bama's ticket office. It's nothing new to have these mini-packets available for purchase. As noted in another thread, those games were still sold out in 2018.

Right....not as they are defined...still include every game though.....including lsu...
Just not in one package.....

There are tickets for every home game....

But right....dont include renewable season tickets...

You answered your own question. I too compared it to having a home game. As far as Atlanta is concerned, where else could you play a team like Duke in a neutral setting. There would be 12 people at Jerry's world.

Well I agree with that, but Atlanta has a more fertile recruiting area, a simple three hour ride from Tuscaloosa, and more of a home away from home. I don't consider it played out. And in actuality, I may prefer it over a home game if I knew I'd get my damn season tickets assurance instead of the bullcrap allotment numbers and skyrocketed secondary market for our games. Atlanta is just not played out in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom