| FTBL Les Miles at it again.

TerryP said:
Personally, I see it like this.

If you put the shoe on the other foot and one of our coaches would have made a little joke about another team (assuming our team was in the same position as LSU) I'd imagine a good majority of our fan base would find it funny.

"Don't yall take football seriously down there" is a phrase often repeated and found funny when Coach Bryant made that comment about Auburn.

Bottom line in my point of view, he's saying things the LSU fan base enjoys. Means nothing to me.

I agree Terry. All of us Alabama fans think it was funny when Coach Bryant made the statement you posted. Or when he called them a cow college. We all loved it when Fran refused to call the Aubs by name, and just refered to them as "That School Down the Road".

Then a lot of us want to get upset when Les makes statements like that. Or TT holds up 5 fingers or wears a "Fear the Thumb" T-shirt.

One of the funniest remarks I've heard was when Pat Dye was asked at his initial press conference how long it would take him to beat Alabama. His reply without hesitation? "60 minutes".

I love it. I think it's funny. And, it is all part of college football. I just can't wait for the day when Coach Saban can make little quirks like that towards LSU and the Aubs.

TigerBait3 said:
EABAMA said:
TigerBait3 said:
I would hate having a CLASSY coach.

I know you would :roll:
Aw come on, that's what makes football fun. If there wasn't emotion attached nobody would watch. It wouldn't be like a glorified solitaire game.

Agreed. It is what makes the rivalries more fun IMO. It is like when Tuberville wore his Thumb shirt... it throws another log into the raging fire of hatred... that is all good to me. That said, I'd rather Saban not wear a shirt like that... but he wouldn't, so I've got no worries.

Bama Bo said:
TerryP said:

If you put the shoe on the other foot and one of our coaches would have made a little joke about another team (assuming our team was in the same position as LSU) I'd imagine a good majority of our fan base would find it funny.

"Don't yall take football seriously down there" is a phrase often repeated and found funny when Coach Bryant made that comment about Auburn.

Bottom line in my point of view, he's saying things the LSU fan base enjoys. Means nothing to me.

I agree Terry. All of us Alabama fans think it was funny when Coach Bryant made the statement you posted. Or when he called them a cow college. We all loved it when Fran refused to call the Aubs by name, and just refered to them as "That School Down the Road".

Then a lot of us want to get upset when Les makes statements like that. Or TT holds up 5 fingers or wears a "Fear the Thumb" T-shirt.

One of the funniest remarks I've heard was when Pat Dye was asked at his initial press conference how long it would take him to beat Alabama. His reply without hesitation? "60 minutes".

I love it. I think it's funny. And, it is all part of college football. I just can't wait for the day when Coach Saban can make little quirks like that towards LSU and the Aubs.

But we all know if Saban was to say something like that, people all over the country would blast him for it and throw him in the trash just like everything else the media's mawed him for. Personally, I like it win a rival coach talks trash about us. It'll just make it that much sweeter when we shut their mouths. :D

TerryP said:

I agree

That clown seems to forget he was about 3 minutes away from taking his obnoxious butt back to Baton Rouge with a loss. Enjoy it now Les, it will be very short lived. The beauty of this is Miles will find a way to screw it up for them.

jaycoach said:
That clown seems to forget he was about 3 minutes away from taking his obnoxious butt back to Baton Rouge with a loss. Enjoy it now Les, it will be very short lived. The beauty of this is Miles will find a way to screw it up for them.

Heck I'm still in belief his players won in spite of him last year :shock:

The cat in the hat strikes again...this lard head is gonna need more than Dr. Suess to cure him of his mental retardation that he suffers from...I feel for the guy. He really is that stupid. Stupidity with that much power scares the living hell out of me. Next thing you know he'll be taking shots at Spurrier or Meyer...and he doesn't even belong in the same boat as them. He is a true disgrace to the league...and its not because he insulted Alabama. NO CLASS.

When Spurrier said "You can't spell Citrus Bowl without UT" and "Payton Manning came back to Tennessee for his senior year so he could set career Citrus Bowl records" most of the SEC thought it was funny. We need to lighten up a bit and just let our team do the talking.

I find Miles to be rather entertaining. It would be different if he said something that wasn't true just to talk down on Alabama. Until we beat 'em, they can talk. Same way with the Barners. If Miles didn't run his mouth, how could we make fun of him for statements like this.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBd3WOdVbBQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=g9mKMJVxrk0&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TE_XhSybFNs&feature=related[/youtube]

psychojoe said:
When Spurrier said "You can't spell Citrus Bowl without UT" and "Payton Manning came back to Tennessee for his senior year so he could set career Citrus Bowl records" most of the SEC thought it was funny. We need to lighten up a bit and just let our team do the talking.

I agree but statements like Miles' are still born out of a complex he has about Saban.

FWIW, this is what he said about those comments.
"I have great respect for the University of Alabama, the history they have presented to college football, the competition that they put on every time they take the field.

"I promise you that any fun and entertainment I have with supporters is very respectful."

-- LSU Coach Les Miles, about his recent comments at an LSU event that poked fun at Alabama losing to Louisiana-Munroe in 2007.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/orl-secnotes2408jul24,0,5414415.story

Les Miles

Wouldn't be funny if troy went down there and beat the crap out of Lsu. At the last troy-lsu meeting in 05 i think the final score was 24-20. I guess we can hope two teams from alabama to beat them this year.

Back
Top Bottom