| CURRENT EVENTS Kissinger war criminal dead @ 100

They weren’t in the red the past 4 years, they had a surplus of $47 billion in 2021-22 and $55 billion ion 2022-23. Florida is expected to have $5.3 billion in unobligated general revenue (according to floridataxwatch.org)
California only had surpluses those two years due to COVID Federal assistance, and due to an outsized portion of capital gains claimed. There was no fiscal restraint on the part of the government to achieve these results, in fact they added a raft of new spending that ensured the deficit once the numbers normalized.

You probably knew that, though.

California only had surpluses those two years due to COVID Federal assistance, and due to an outsized portion of capital gains claimed. There was no fiscal restraint on the part of the government to achieve these results, in fact they added a raft of new spending that ensured the deficit once the numbers normalized.

Beat me to it.

I’d rather a state be in the red and have great social programs than have crappy social programs and not have a deficit. Social programs cost money.

Blue states pay more to the federal government and red states take more from the federal government and blue states like CA have much much better social programs. Take Wyoming for instance, they don’t have a deficit, but they have virtually zero social programs and the ones they do have are almost virtually impossible to take advantage of

I’d rather a state be in the red and have great social programs than have crappy social programs and not have a deficit. Social programs cost money.

Blue states pay more to the federal government and red states take more from the federal government and blue states like CA have much much better social programs. Take Wyoming for instance, they don’t have a deficit, but they have virtually zero social programs and the ones they do have are almost virtually impossible to take advantage of
I didn't know that about Wyoming. They have no state support of education, no unemployment insurance, no Medicaid program, no welfare, no food stamps? Or if they have any of these, it's impossible to qualify? I had no idea.

You bad mouth Wyoming, but you also say it’s the only place in the country that has and good prices haven’t gone through the roof!!!!!
And Californias “social” programs do nothing but keep people dependent on the system. Almost all social program are doomed to the fate of all it’s predecessors

You bad mouth Wyoming, but you also say it’s the only place in the country that has and good prices haven’t gone through the roof!!!!!
And Californias “social” programs do nothing but keep people dependent on the system. Almost all social program are doomed to the fate of all it’s predecessors
The prices of food and gas doesn’t all of a sudden make it a great place. Great it’s cheaper to live here than a lot of places, but quality of life for people on the lower income bracket is terrible, the social programs they have are almost impossible to qualify for, yeah great place. The state itself is great, if it wasn’t ran by right wing pinheads

The prices of food and gas doesn’t all of a sudden make it a great place. Great it’s cheaper to live here than a lot of places, but quality of life for people on the lower income bracket is terrible, the social programs they have are almost impossible to qualify for, yeah great place. The state itself is great, if it wasn’t ran by right wing pinheads
No they’re obviously doing something no one else can figure out. Food and gas prices are up everywhere but there according to you. So they’re programs must really be fantastic.

No they’re obviously doing something no one else can figure out. Food and gas prices are up everywhere but there according to you. So they’re programs must really be fantastic.
I paid $2.33/gallon yesterday, that’s pretty good to me. Groceries aren’t bad, but I don’t shop at Walmart, Sam’s, or any other big box grocery store, I go to farmers markets and local shops, so maybe my judgement is clouded by the cheaper prices at Walmart and such. But, the state has nothing to do with those prices, they’re set by the grocery store, so the government here can’t mess with those.

I could give you a list of companies that have tried to come here and the state government has blocked it or made it extremely difficult and not a smart investment by those companies, so they’ve gone to Colorado, I’ll reiterate this state is ran by pinheads

If people had to vote for a completely honest politician there wouldn’t be anybody voted into office
I don't disagree with this. I also haven't seen many that can lie, so casually, as Newsome.

Perhaps this is petty. I don't know. There are things I don't forget. IE: People were getting arrested in CA for surfing while he's eating out: maskless. I don't abide bullshit, and he's full of it.
When he told Desantis “we have one thing in common, neither of us will be our party’s nominee for the 2024 election”.
I'm not ready to agree with that, yet. I suspect the Democrats machine will continue what it's been doing. It's a tough situation for loyal Democrats knowing who they have in office, following their procedures, and who would end up being in office if it's not the current POTUS.

I paid $2.33/gallon yesterday, that’s pretty good to me. Groceries aren’t bad, but I don’t shop at Walmart, Sam’s, or any other big box grocery store, I go to farmers markets and local shops, so maybe my judgement is clouded by the cheaper prices at Walmart and such. But, the state has nothing to do with those prices, they’re set by the grocery store, so the government here can’t mess with those.

I could give you a list of companies that have tried to come here and the state government has blocked it or made it extremely difficult and not a smart investment by those companies, so they’ve gone to Colorado, I’ll reiterate this state is ran by pinheads
I have no idea what I paid per gallon yesterday. I noticed diesel had dropped below $4 a gallon.

I eat. A LOT. I'm skinny as a rail but my food budget is something I don't "scringe" with. I'm going to buy what I want to eat.

I'm in a different situation than a lot. No mortgage. House is paid for. No car note; paid for. I'm carrying about 2K in debt on two cards...so, no sweating here.

BUT, I can say this. My food cost is right at 3X higher than it was 4 years ago.

I mentioned the lies with Newsome. Biden just said, "hold my beer" while bragging about 0% inflation last month. I'm still paying two, three times more for things that was four years ago.

Bidenflation.

Again it’s easier to say sore losers. I’ll bet you think Kari Lake was cheated out of her race in AZ too?
I read a report the other day about 250k+ more Republican voters in that election than Democrat.

Dominion, the voting machine company, is under heavy scrutiny right now.

And you don't question?

I don't disagree with this. I also haven't seen many that can lie, so casually, as Newsome.

Perhaps this is petty. I don't know. There are things I don't forget. IE: People were getting arrested in CA for surfing while he's eating out: maskless. I don't abide bullshit, and he's full of it.

I'm not ready to agree with that, yet. I suspect the Democrats machine will continue what it's been doing. It's a tough situation for loyal Democrats knowing who they have in office, following their procedures, and who would end up being in office if it's not the current POTUS.
You don’t have to agree with it, but it’s the truth. Biden will be my side’s nominee, no matter how much I wish it wasn’t him.

I’m not disregarding what he did during that time, but that paddle boarder being arrested is on the cops for doing so, so I’d suggest taking that up with them.

I have no idea what I paid per gallon yesterday. I noticed diesel had dropped below $4 a gallon.

I eat. A LOT. I'm skinny as a rail but my food budget is something I don't "scringe" with. I'm going to buy what I want to eat.

I'm in a different situation than a lot. No mortgage. House is paid for. No car note; paid for. I'm carrying about 2K in debt on two cards...so, no sweating here.

BUT, I can say this. My food cost is right at 3X higher than it was 4 years ago.

I mentioned the lies with Newsome. Biden just said, "hold my beer" while bragging about 0% inflation last month. I'm still paying two, three times more for things that was four years ago.

Bidenflation.
I already said I shop at farmers markets and local places and my food costs aren’t that much, so I’d take that up with the local folks or something.

I, too am in a different situation than most, we’re the same in that except for cards.

I don’t know that inflation is 0%, but I do know that’s going down. Inflation went up by that much and more around the world, that’s not on Biden. Inflation right now is 3.2% compared to 6.5% in 2022 (October is year to year).

I read a report the other day about 250k+ more Republican voters in that election than Democrat.

Dominion, the voting machine company, is under heavy scrutiny right now.

And you don't question?
The election wasn’t stolen. I’m not a sore loser, so I don’t believe in bs.

They’re under heavy scrutiny huh? Hmm wonder if Fox knows that you know since they settled with them and all

Back
Top Bottom