| CURRENT EVENTS Kissinger war criminal dead @ 100

For those that said he was the anti-Christ, how's that working out?
People often get this wrong because they mistakenly think there will be the one at the end times. There have been many since the time of Christ including some Popes, Hitler, etc. Antichrist just means against Christ which includes Muslims & Jews at the present. The rapture, antichrist as thought of are a teaching that started in America around 150 years ago.

I've never seen a media watch dog group label the WSJ as right: it's always been center. Where are you getting that view...other than it's your opinion?
My son while in high school (as a senior) studied that in his government class went over every media company in the country to determine their biases based on political leaning that‘s where I got it from. I’ll ask him this evening when I get home from work and let you know the website.

I've never seen a media watch dog group label the WSJ as right: it's always been center. Where are you getting that view...other than it's your opinion?
I agree with @ElephantStomp on this one, @TerryP . The editorial page is right-leaning (in both senses of the meaning). Over the last 38 years as a regular reader (I had a student subscription, required by my finance professor), I've seen the reporting move from center-right, to center, and over the last three or four years it's lurched decidedly left-center. The quality and depth of reporting has suffered, with some of their "in-depth" articles clearly developed with the end in mind, as opposed to a rational weighing of facts and perspectives. In addition, much of what is written is drawn from a subscription base that includes many self-serving attention seekers.

All that being said, in terms of an assessment of Kissinger, as well as many absolute positions espoused here, I'll use his own words:

“To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it.”

I agree with @ElephantStomp on this one, @TerryP . The editorial page is right-leaning (in both senses of the meaning). Over the last 38 years as a regular reader (I had a student subscription, required by my finance professor), I've seen the reporting move from center-right, to center, and over the last three or four years it's lurched decidedly left-center.
He said it's right leaning. You're saying you agree with him but then say it's left center. I'm lost.

I don't have a sub to WSJ. You do.

He said it's right leaning. You're saying you agree with him but then say it's left center. I'm lost.

I don't have a sub to WSJ. You do.
The editorial page, which is where the article I linked above resides, continues to be right leaning. The general reporting has drifted to the left, and I believe it to be left of center today. It still falls well short of the NYT, though. For example, instead of listening to a bunch of screaming, I just read the WSJ and NYT assessments of last night's governors' scrum. I was done in six minutes.

The editorial page, which is where the article I linked above resides, continues to be right leaning. The general reporting has drifted to the left, and I believe it to be left of center today. It still falls well short of the NYT, though. For example, instead of listening to a bunch of screaming, I just read the WSJ and NYT assessments of last night's governors' scrum. I was done in six minutes.
What you are saying is the editorial board at the WSJ is a lot like the board at the Washington Times with Charles Hurt?

The general reporting is left leaning (that was said in the thing my son’s class studied), if I remember correctly they had it as left of center, but I will have to check with my son.

That governor debate was an absolute shit show with a few zingers, but I knew it was going to be awful

I agree with @ElephantStomp on this one, @TerryP . The editorial page is right-leaning (in both senses of the meaning). Over the last 38 years as a regular reader (I had a student subscription, required by my finance professor), I've seen the reporting move from center-right, to center, and over the last three or four years it's lurched decidedly left-center. The quality and depth of reporting has suffered, with some of their "in-depth" articles clearly developed with the end in mind, as opposed to a rational weighing of facts and perspectives. In addition, much of what is written is drawn from a subscription base that includes many self-serving attention seekers.

All that being said, in terms of an assessment of Kissinger, as well as many absolute positions espoused here, I'll use his own words:

“To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it.”
Well I’ll be damned. I never thought I’d see the day where you agreed with anything I said

Back
Top Bottom