| FTBL Kalen DeBoer on Why Coaching Alabama is Just Different | The Ryen Russillo Podcast

Do you ever wonder what this experience is like for a girl about to start her senior year, another in middle school? Or, what the wife is thinking about when she's seeing this unfold?

Ryen makes the comment about stopping for a minute and enjoying BDS against WKU. I get that. That man LOVES some LSU at night football...but saying that about Bryant-Denny "rings" with me.

Do you ever wonder what this experience is like for a girl about to start her senior year, another in middle school? Or, what the wife is thinking about when she's seeing this unfold?

Ryen makes the comment about stopping for a minute and enjoying BDS against WKU. I get that. That man LOVES some LSU at night football...but saying that about Bryant-Denny "rings" with me.
Or wife and family moving from Seattle WA ( have to have been there to understand)....to Tuscaloosa AL.... and looking around and thinking.... what the heck

The real magnitude of just how different will hit him when he loses to a highly ranked team and he is criticized as you are expected to win big games no matter the opponent. Another time will be when he beats a team but does not play well or win by enough. We all know it s coming. Wife and kids better have some thick skin.

@UAgrad93 this is what Coach Moore had in mind when he hired Price. That was QB driven. This is ... "generation" driven?

I'm starting to do numbers on scoring. Bama covers on 70% this fall.
Talking with a cousin of mine and he asked what my concerns were with BAMA football this Fall. I said “add depth in the secondary and that they play well! He asked about the offense. Told him NONE! Told him that if Milroe gets another 800+ yards and 10-12 TDs on the ground to go along with slightly better passing numbers than last season, then we would see him in New York! I have a feeling that this offense may take over Sarkisian’s “all has no brakes” moniker and obliterate it!

Talking with a cousin of mine and he asked what my concerns were with BAMA football this Fall. I said “add depth in the secondary and that they play well! He asked about the offense. Told him NONE! Told him that if Milroe gets another 800+ yards and 10-12 TDs on the ground to go along with slightly better passing numbers than last season, then we would see him in New York! I have a feeling that this offense may take over Sarkisian’s “all has no brakes” moniker and obliterate it!
Preston Murphy is going with "Lank" in his post. Jalen "owns" the Moore facility right now. (Terrion getting his cut as well.)

I said this last year, Kev. I stand by it...Jalen is in NYC.

(I told an LSU admin today to expect PPG to increase. It didn't register.)

Add injuries...especially at QB

The reason its different at Bama?
1. Some teams want to have a winning record.
2. Some teams want to have a winning record and go to a bowl game, any bowl game.
3. Some teams want to win their conference.
4. Some teams want to go to a conference championship.
5. Some teams want to win a conference championship and have a shot at a playoff appearance.
6. At BAMA, those last 5 things I just mentioned are expectations! Do we do it every year? No, but all of us expect us to be there. Is that too much pressure? Yep, but that's BAMA football. Roll Tide!

OK. Name a better QB room in the SEC on Bama's schedule. One, perhaps, in UGA. But, then we go to the OC's and the scale tips, badly.
Which way? I doubt anybody really follows QB2 or QB 3...except Texas ...for obvious reasons...
But
I might say Texas has probably best in QB1 & QB2...( not on schedule...i know)

I really was high on QB2 & QB3 at Bama....but everyone loves backup......as is said

But...Bama...Texas...UGA..all have some kinda dandy at QB1

Last edited:
This is DeBoer's offense. It's not different than "Saban's defense."

Am I high on the offense? 40+ PPG

I know you've been high on the Offense because of DeBoer, especially as you got a more in depth look at him. However, per the interview, that was the first time I could see the glint in DeBoer's eye when talking about the physicality of the game. So as the offense goes, do you see defense being able to at least keep the pace of the offense but not necessarily dominate like the offense under DeBoer?

OK. Name a better QB room in the SEC on Bama's schedule. One, perhaps, in UGA. But, then we go to the OC's and the scale tips, badly.

I understand what you're saying and you're being extra nice to Georgia here, but I would like to say Georgia's is nowhere close to ours. Simpson is light years ahead of Stockton and Rashada.

Back
Top Bottom