| FTBL Justin Britt?

Shire5k

Verified Member
Ok, I was in the stands when the Arky player got ejected for hitting Justin. I didn't get to clearly see what happened. All I saw was Britt go down holding his face.

Now, I've heard a few different things. I heard the guy hit Britt with his own helmet. I've heard the guy just punched him. I've heard it was all Britt's fault anyway, and Britt just didn't get caught.

Does anyone have a video of the altercation, or can anyone just explain exactly what happened?

I was in the same boat as you in that I saw something happen but couldnt really tell what ( I thought the guy threw a punch)

I watched the replay and although the camera only caught a half shot it went something like this...

Britt and the guy were wrestling with Britt on top. Britt threw a head butt from close range as kinda a parting shot (a bit after the whistle) Ark guy grabbed at Britts head and his helmet came off in his hand. The guy then slings Britts helmet back towad Britt hitting him in the face. (You really couldnt tell for sure but I think it bounced off the turf before hitting him) Very dangerous and the guy deserved to get booted but Britt wasnt exactly being an angel here either.

Shire5k said:
Ok, I was in the stands when the Arky player got ejected for hitting Justin. I didn't get to clearly see what happened. All I saw was Britt go down holding his face.

Now, I've heard a few different things. I heard the guy hit Britt with his own helmet. I've heard the guy just punched him. I've heard it was all Britt's fault anyway, and Britt just didn't get caught.

Does anyone have a video of the altercation, or can anyone just explain exactly what happened?

Mitchell, the one that threw the helmet, was simply blocked on the play. Now, the play wasn't in his area anymore and Britt continued to keep him on the ground. It sort of appeared that he may have been rolling over one of his legs, but then again, I'd have to look more closely.

The way I see it, he was blocked, kept on the ground, as was frustrated because of being held down after the play had progressed.

The play hadn't been blown dead. There's the kicker.

Britt was not completely innocent in this incident. He made a great block and kept Earnest Mitchell down on the ground. It then appeared as though he got in Mitchell's face and said something, but I am not sure about that. I've only seen the play once, but I seem to remember that the play hadn't been blown dead, so Britt didn't do anything wrong by staying on top of Mitchell. It did seem as though Britt antagonized Mitchell a little bit, but there was NO excuse for Mitchell to use Britt's helmet as a weapon. That was a VERY dirty play. Mitchell should be suspended for a minimum 2 games, if not the rest of the season, IMO.

From the one replay I saw I couldn't tell if Britt was just following through with his block (which resulted in the ARK linemen being driven into the turf) or if it was excessive. Like I said though, I only saw one replay on it. Could have gone either way I guess?

Personally, I don't mind seeing our linemen develope a little bit of a mean streak though. Some of these guys need one.

porkchop said:
From the one replay I saw I couldn't tell if Britt was just following through with his block (which resulted in the ARK linemen being driven into the turf) or if it was excessive. Like I said though, I only saw one replay on it. Could have gone either way I guess?

Personally, I don't mind seeing our linemen develope a little bit of a mean streak though. Some of these guys need one.

Agreed!

porkchop said:

Personally, I don't mind seeing our linemen develope a little bit of a mean streak though. Some of these guys need one

We're talking Justin here...has that ever been a question?

It doesn't matter what Britt said to him. He should have never throw or hit him with the helmet. That could have cause a eye injury.

Back
Top Bottom