| FTBL JPW not seeing open WRs last night

RollTideinGA said:
bear facts said:
I apologize for sounding obvious but some folks need to be remineded, it's a heck of alot different spotting open receivers from the stands than it is on the field where there are giant defensive linemen coming at the QB full speed, obstructing one's vision, and trying to deliver some ball jarring tackles.

You said what I was thinking.

I love the "He's WIDE OPEN" screams from behind me in the stands. Must be nice sitting there sipping your ice cold coca cola watching everything unfold with such clear vision while you sit on your backside. :roll:

Armchair quarterbacks.

Almost as cool as armchair coaches. Almost.

Number1TideFan19 said:
It's because the recievers weren't making theselves stay open long enough.The O-line looked kindaa strange last night too but they got the job done!
A QB cannot wait until a receiver is open to throw the ball, it must be thrown when the receiver is anticipated to become open. Of course, there is the exception to the rule, like when McCoy was wide open due to a busted assignment, but at the highest levels this is the case.

Wilson has a three-year history of not being overly successful at this type of decision making. In part, I think, because he does not have an overly strong arm and is not confident threading a ball into closer coverage (again, a feeling born out of his history of play). Thus he has to wait until a receiver becomes open and keeps himself open, a quite difficult task at this level. Not, being critical, because, to borrow a phrase, 'he is what he is at this point.'

Also, a successful pass is not thrown to a receiver but away from a defender. A defender can be in close proximity to an offensive receiver, but in truth the receiver can be 'wide open' if the pass is put in the correct spot. Again, a QB who has marginal 'zip' on his passes is less confident in firing a ball to that particular spot.

Back
Top Bottom