| FTBL JImmy Johns again

It sounds like Coach is happy with Johns attitude and work ethic according to what he said in the PC last night. He had nothing but good to say about Johns and his performance on special teams.
I am like msot others and don't understand why we can't get this guy on the field. I stood down on the front row beside the tunnel where the team came out and watched Jimmy work out with the other running backs. Everyone down there was talking about the guy's size. This guy really is a man among boys. He is a beast. He looks like an NFL player. I don't question the coaches at all buy I think it is sad that this guy is now a junior and cannot seam to get much oppertunity to play. Next time you are at a game, just watch him on a kick off one time, instead of the ball or Arenas.

Birdman37 said:
yea i dont get it either. one short yardage at the very least. Jimmy Johns needs more touches, its as simple as that.

I guess we all don't get it, 'cause I don't either. :? He plays with such emotion as well. When the teams took the field Saturday he was by far the most fired up and was trying to get the fans to be as well.

It's always sad when good players don't get playing time. Some instances are self inflicted, some are a factor of a change in offensive/defensive scheme, some just have better players ahead of them. Some are a combination of all three things, and that's where I see Johns. My view is that Coffee has solidified the role of slashing/punishing back and Grant's the scat back. Upchurch remains in the mix, but with his performance against FSU he's subject to being overtaken by Johns. Johns hasn't played since the Arkansas game (2 carries, 1 yard) and his performance at the Vandy game before that (3 carries, 3 yards) didn't impress.

Although he's big, I think he's a step slower than our three primary backs. If he's back in line for more playing time, I'll be pulling form him to do well.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
It's always sad when good players don't get playing time. Some instances are self inflicted, some are a factor of a change in offensive/defensive scheme, some just have better players ahead of them. Some are a combination of all three things, and that's where I see Johns. My view is that Coffee has solidified the role of slashing/punishing back and Grant's the scat back. Upchurch remains in the mix, but with his performance against FSU he's subject to being overtaken by Johns. Johns hasn't played since the Arkansas game (2 carries, 1 yard) and his performance at the Vandy game before that (3 carries, 3 yards) didn't impress.

Although he's big, I think he's a step slower than our three primary backs. If he's back in line for more playing time, I'll be pulling form him to do well.

RTR,

Tim

Bingo.

It's about like the discussion with JPW. They are earning their PT in practice and Johns simply hasn't done it.

Personally, I'd love to see him more in a FB role than the tailback. But, you've got players that have beat him out of that spot as well.

call me crazy, but i'm not sure which offense i'd rather have right now: the current offense or last year's offense with Johns as our number one tailback.

so ... am i crazy or not?

musso said:
call me crazy, but i'm not sure which offense i'd rather have right now: the current offense or last year's offense with Johns as our number one tailback.

Crazy. :lol:

Just look at the numbers.

musso said:

Crazy. Ludicrous. Ridiculous. Take your pick. :lol:

musso said:

No, not crazy.....high maybe, but not crazy. :D

w2.jpg

I know Jimmy good and I know he will be playing real real real soon :lol:
Just give it time and he will be back in the swing of things. You will see a lot more of him and thats a fact! He is one of those great players that give his all every on every down.

Everyones wish will come soon very soon.......

TerryP said:
It Takes Eleven said:

RTR,

Tim

Bingo.

It's about like the discussion with JPW. They are earning their PT in practice and Johns simply hasn't done it.

Personally, I'd love to see him more in a FB role than the tailback. But, you've got players that have beat him out of that spot as well.

Personally, I'd love to see him in a WildElephant formation. If nothing else, it would require the opponents to prepare for it.

TerryP said:
musso said:

Crazy. :lol:

Just look at the numbers.

you mean like the number of wins and losses through five games? :p

ok, ok, looking like i'm outnumbered here. if wisdom is found in the counsel of many, then maybe i'm off on this one. :oops:

bear facts said:
Well I'm just glad that JJ wears a crimson jersey and not an Ole Miss one.

His day will come.

Or MSU! I have always thought JJ was a great player. Many times on this fourm I have brought up way he doesn't play more. Seems like he could play any postion.

As bear said his time will come!

Optimus said:
bear facts said:

His day will come.

Or MSU! I have always thought JJ was a great player. Many times on this fourm I have brought up way he doesn't play more. Seems like he could play any postion.

As of now for his sake, he would of been better off at MSU backing up Dixon. He's unfornately ran into a lot of talent at RB and some dicipline problems. JJ will need to work harder in practice to make it back on the field.

Optimus said:
bear facts said:

His day will come.

Well I used the Ole Miss reference for a reason. JJ q-backed at Brookhaven, and if you have ever watched this HS team, the first thing you notice is that their uniforms look just like Ole Miss, or did when JJ played. I have not seen Brookhaven play since JJ's playing days.

And I can't recollect for sure, but I thought he was heavily recruited by the Rebs staff, then again it could have been MSU or both.

Point I'm trying to make is that I am glad he is on Bama's sideline and not at one of the other Mississippi schools, where he could very well be getting more playing time.

Back
Top Bottom