| FTBL It's about time someone interviewed Chow

I agree...........I'm surprised someone hasn't snatched him up already. I know he won't be coaching much longer, because of his age but that dude can coach a QB and some offense. I hope he gets the job. I think he will succeed!

Every time his name comes up I hear the same story - that he interviews terribly and doesn't possess the whole package to be a head coach. I can't speak to it directly, but he is an incredible offensive technician.

It Takes Eleven said:
Every time his name comes up I hear the same story - that he interviews terribly and doesn't possess the whole package to be a head coach. I can't speak to it directly, but he is an incredible offensive technician.

I've heard the same thing, that his interviews always go terrible.

Well, I was in the press pool at the combines his first year as OC for the Titans. He is the only assistant coach I ever remember being made available to the media in the 5 years I covered the combines.

Several of the professionals in the press corps all thought he came across insecure. My impression of him was not so much that he came across bad, rather he came across as.........honest. He actually considered questions before he answered. He said he wasn't sure about something if he wasn't. I don't remember 1 word of 'coachspeak' that came out of his mouth. None of the generic garbage that all coaches use in every interview.

While that's refreshing as hell, it likely doesn't make for good head coaching material in the SEC, much less The League.

He's easily one of the top 10 offensive minds in football right now though.

Back
Top Bottom