| FTBL Best RBs In the NFL

Crtuneman

ESPN put out their list of best RBs in the NFL and Josh Jacobs comes in at 3. But I'm not sure how Derrick Henry fell to 5th behind Christian Mccaffery and Saquon Barkley. The only knock against Henry is his age, but whatever. He's still a beast. Again it's an ESPN + article so I will summarize.

Best RBs in the NFL

1. Nick Chubb
2. Mccaffery
3. Jacobs
4. Barkley
5. Henry
6. Johnathan Taylor
7. Alvin Kamara
8. Dalvin Cook
9. Tony Pollard
10. Austin Ekeler

I can't believe Najee didn't make the top ten. He had a great season especially as a pass catcher.

ESPN put out their list of best RBs in the NFL and Josh Jacobs comes in at 3. But I'm not sure how Derrick Henry fell to 5th behind Christian Mccaffery and Saquon Barkley. The only knock against Henry is his age, but whatever. He's still a beast. Again it's an ESPN + article so I will summarize.

Best RBs in the NFL

1. Nick Chubb
2. Mccaffery
3. Jacobs
4. Barkley
5. Henry
6. Johnathan Taylor
7. Alvin Kamara
8. Dalvin Cook
9. Tony Pollard
10. Austin Ekeler

I can't believe Najee didn't make the top ten. He had a great season especially as a pass catcher.
Not a knock on these 2, but every time I hear anything about them on sports, it's an injury of some kind.

Not a knock on these 2, but every time I hear anything about them on sports, it's an injury of some kind.
Mccaffery finally put in a whole season of work last year. Granted he made SF offense more dangerous, but he didn't get nearly the carries that the other backs did and he got far fewer yards. His strength is receiving.

All in how they are used IMHO. I imagine the first 4 are all used more in their passing game, while DH is more the traditional 20-25 carry old school RB. Just glancing their stats, DH has something like 127 catches over his career with a career high 33 coming last year. All of the others have at least that many with McCaffery having 400+!!! None have the carries in a season like DH.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom