| FTBL It's a good thing to still feel sick about the game?

shipley00

I know what some of you are thinking. That Ship’ is crazy. Well that may be true, but for different reasons than the title suggests. ;red

Every game I’ve ever watched Alabama lose, I’ve felt sick. I don’t care if it was when we were outmatched against Oklahoma, or losing to a nobody, I felt sick. The only thing is, the last 8 to 9 years or so, I’ve usually gotten over the sick feeling by the next day. This time was different. Here it is, Monday morning, and I still feel sick about it. We weren’t supposed to win. LSU had more talent. LSU had more depth. Heck, even this time next year, LSU will have more talent and more depth. I don’t feel sick today because LSU is such a “big” rival. I don’t feel sick today because we were leading late in the 4th quarter. I didn’t get over this sick feeling from the loss so soon because, things have changed. For the first time in years, I feel the Alabama of old returning. It’s not there yet. It won’t be fully there even next season. That doesn’t matter. Much to the chagrin of those who see Alabama as a rival, even though the Alabama football program isn’t back yet, “Alabama” is back.

The hardcore, yell at every play fan is back. The nervousness of playing against “Alabama” is back. The dread of having to play at Bryant Denny is back. I’m not talking about moral victories here. If it were a moral victory, I wouldn’t be feeling sick today. I’m talking about what it means to be “Alabama”, to be for “Alabama”, to be an “Alabama” fan! It’s back and it’s only going to get stronger with time. I’m not delusional. I’m just a true Alabama fan! For the first time in a long time, I believe again. I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it’s a glorious Crimson! So, this is a friendly warning to all those, from here on out, who play Alabama, ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL! Before long, you’re hear it in your nightmares, because we hear it in our dreams, and those dreams are about to become reality.

Don't take this wrong, but I'm ALMOST glad LSU won. The thought of losing to Alabama was so repugnant to many of my LSU friends, I was afraid that our beating them would cause them to do themselves great bodily harm. Wait. I take that first sentence back.

The winds of change are damn sure blowing and Crimson stock its rising higher and higher daily. I can feel it in my bones. We will be a team to be reckoned with alot sooner than later. Its a great time to be an Alabama fan.

Back
Top Bottom