| CURRENT EVENTS Israel vs. Iran, and where will the US fit in?

@XXL TideFan what is wrong with being a "Zionist?" What's wrong with believing Israel should be a state?
Zionism is wholly & completely incompatible with Christianity. Talk to those that don’t believe Israel should exist. I don’t have a dog in that fight.
Zionism was a movement of return that gained steam in the mid 19 century. It has morphed into a Jewish supremacy movement. BTW, there is no such thing as Judeo-Christianity. It’s judaism and Christianity not a hyphenated creation. The two are incompatible & mutually exclusive.
IMG_1781.jpeg

No it is an opinion. If that is the case where you go, then why go? Just buy a concert ticket and get the music, fog machines, & light shows. I thought you may have been trying to draw me into a discussion on churches in general. You know as well as I do that bars are full “bar singles”
I attend because I believe in the Holy Spirit. He hasn't changed.

The main point is, what did you do with Jesus Christ? Did you accept what He did for you on the cross and be your advocate/lawyer on your judgment day or will you stand alone and be judged by your works?
I did in my youth, being raised in a community of faith that promoted that ideology. As anyone conditioned by their environment, I aspired to emulate what my elders around me valued. However, as I matured and learned more about the world around me, I had to let go of that parochial worldview. I realized that every faith community, like any community frankly, is chiefly focused on self-preservation. It is threatened by objective and impartial pursuits of truth which might lead to the expiration or radical reconfiguration of the community. Clergy can't entertain ideas or arguments that render them obsolete. Likewise politicians will never entertain political theories or remedies that doesn't require their existence.

My ideas of truth and god continue to evolve as I learn more. Through my entire journey I keep coming back to this good Galileo quote which gives me comfort: "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

No it is an opinion. If that is the case where you go, then why go? Just buy a concert ticket and get the music, fog machines, & light shows. I thought you may have been trying to draw me into a discussion on churches in general. You know as well as I do that bars are full “bar singles”
I was in the ministry for a few years. I built this. LIterally. Through things like Summer camps. Between Saturday night and Sunday's I was writing for over 1000 kids.

NOW, been in the bar business as well. It was always silent partner thing because of the gambling restrictions in SC. (It was stupid money...gambling. The "casts the lots" thing rings true..)
BAck to the point. where is the most honest crowd? (both were giving me money. hrmmm.)

@XXL TideFan I had some collaberatin here on this book. With MC Hammer, "Can't touch this."

Easy and Effictive Hours with God. Look it up.

We trained, I use that word specifically, on how to deal with life. On an MC Hammer song, right? I got kicked out of that church.

Get this. For asking questions.

@XXL TideFan I had some collaberatin here on this book. With MC Hammer, "Can't touch this."

Easy and Effictive Hours with God. Look it up.

We trained, I use that word specifically, on how to deal with life. On an MC Hammer song, right? I got kicked out of that church.

Get this. For asking questions.
I was shunned from one protestant church for pointing out that the preacher was wrong. Imagine that. I read my share of Protestant books many moons ago.

My ideas of truth and god continue to evolve as I learn more. Through my entire journey I keep coming back to this good Galileo quote which gives me comfort: "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
A very good quote indeed that starts with an acknowledgement of God.

Back
Top Bottom