| CURRENT EVENTS Israel vs. Iran, and where will the US fit in?

I know, I'm weird. I reject racism by Gentiles against Jews AND vice versa. Then again, I don't get my morality from a jealous, petty and genocidal Old Testament god character. I'm more of a "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ" kind of guy.

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ" kind of guy.
...until you say that person should not exist. No matter what they say, or believe.

Here's something you can't argue.

God gave us free will. To exercise.

First of all, I don't believe God said it. So you made a bad assumption there. Secondly, even if I heard Him say it, I'd reply in the same manner that most anyone would reply if they were told that their race required them to be subservient to another person or group of persons. I'll give you a hint: the reply would be two words long, the first word beginning with an "f" and the second word beginning with a "y."
Didn’t assume it. I read it Gen 12:2-5. So the God of the Old Testament is different from the one in the New Testament? Ok so you are a cafeteria believer/nonbeliever? You just believe the parts that suit your life style or your idea of who God is.

Didn’t assume it. I read it Gen 12:2-5.
You assumed God said it. And you assumed I believed God actually said it. Two separate assumptions there. Just because it is written somewhere that God says something doesn’t mean He actually said it. There are lots of indefensible and problematic passages in holy books (the Bible included), partly due to antiquated beliefs and barbaric views and partly due to edits and redactions as priests transitioned into new eras. Priests tweak their scriptures and theology over time to accommodate present day exigencies in whatever way that keeps them in power. For instance, you might even write into your scriptures that a Persian emperor is your messiah so long as he helps you return to your homeland and help fund your new temple.
So the God of the Old Testament is different from the one in the New Testament?
The original inheritors of the Old Testament say yes, it’s a different god. On the other hand institutionalized Christianity says it’s the same god from a narrative perspective, but from a functional and operational perspective, it’s a whole different god. You can say it’s the same god all you want, but the New Testament canon goes to great lengths to negate and nullify Old Testament piety and everything unique about being a Jew, to the disapproval of James and Peter mind you. Now, pre-Roman Christianity (ie Gnosticism), had some very interesting takes on the Hebrew god being a different god who should not be worshipped!
Ok so you are a cafeteria believer/nonbeliever? You just believe the parts that suit your life style or your idea of who God is.
That’s similar to what James and Peter probably thought of Paul. And what the Pharisees probably thought of Jesus. If you’re asking do I have a conscience that I occasionally consult and consider before I blindly accept someone else’s revelation, the answer is yes.

Last edited:
@musso So where does your theology come from? You obviously believe that the Bible is not the word of God. It was changed (manuscripts) by Jewish priests to create a favored sect of people to subjugate the world under Jewish rule?

So where does your theology come from?
Let’s just say I have significant academic training in 2nd temple Judaism, paleo-Christianity, the classics, US history, world history, and economics. As I’ve said before (in this thread I believe), I accept the label of atheist because I don’t believe in an actual supreme deity as the Abrahamic religions describe. I don’t believe in square circles, and I don’t believe in invisible, undetectable stuff. The fact that there’s still much to learn about the cosmos isn’t a proof of the existence of things we can imagine. Having said this, I’m not a moral relativist though, with some exceptions in cases of extreme cultural isolation. I consider myself spiritual and believe truth can be found in lots of ancient wisdom, scriptures, art, literature, etc., without requiring any of it to be inerrant or divinely inspired.
It was changed (manuscripts) by Jewish priests to create a favored sect of people to subjugate the world under Jewish rule?
No I think the passage you noted along with other similar Old Test passages is typical of priestly classes encouraging their community to persevere through whatever trials they are experiencing. You see similar passages in the New Test encouraging the poor, meek, and persecuted followers of Jesus to be patient for rewards in heaven and assurances of eternal damnation for the wicked. I think Zionism is to be distinguished from Judaism despite there being some overlap. And where they overlap is exactly where Netanyahu’s radical Likud Party has been nestled for decades now. It’s the biggest threat to Middle East peace, US security, and ironically to Jews themselves.

@musso, You are obviously a credentialed atheist and well versed in your responses. One last question, so who is Jesus Christ to you?
He's also a protagonist. He often asked people to think, explain, and rationalize.

Even at my age I still have a shitload of questions. I like it when someone makes me think for a minute. I try to get you guys to do that here for chits and giggles, in a real world sense.

What is this? You've lost me. Cafeteria, as it pick and choose?
Yes, you pick and choose the parts you can agree with/live by and do not adhere to the “whole council of God”. Example, Old Testament, God is angry, even destroys Sodom and Gomorrah for their sin. In the New Testament though, as long as 2 people love each other, anything is ok. What used to be wrong is now ok. Did God change? He didn’t and doesn’t and won’t.

Yes, you pick and choose the parts you can agree with/live by and do not adhere to the “whole council of God”. Example, Old Testament, God is angry, even destroys Sodom and Gomorrah for their sin. In the New Testament though, as long as 2 people love each other, anything is ok. What used to be wrong is now ok. Did God change? He didn’t and doesn’t and won’t.
Thanks. Dispensations is (should that be are?) a rabbit hole.

One of the cracks in the foundation of Christianity is found right here. The OT 'rules' don't apply to the grace period of the NT, but what happened during the NT doesn't happen now. IE: Prophecy, spiritual gifts, etc.

God doesn't change, but he does in these circumstances.

I know my answer to these questions. I also believe it is a good thing for anyone's answers to be questioned.

Did anyone notice when the “ Columbia Protesters” broke into and took the building, the Press crews was ALREADY INSIDE FILMING IT…This shit is a damn psy-op, just like Jan 6th…When are people going to wake up!

Did anyone notice when the “ Columbia Protesters” broke into and took the building, the Press crews was ALREADY INSIDE FILMING IT…This shit is a damn psy-op, just like Jan 6th…When are people going to wake up!
Mountain vs mole Hill.

Where were the camera's supposed to be? In the back, filming?

"Okay Josh, when you are filming this get behind everyone."

Logic test, bruh.

Mountain vs mole Hill.

Where were the camera's supposed to be? In the back, filming?

"Okay Josh, when you are filming this get behind everyone."

Logic test, bruh.
We are being all being had… Hey ya’ll look over here!!.. While the important things are being ignored..
The funny thing is they’re letting you know it.. you just have to look carefully enough to see it..

Back
Top Bottom