| FTBL Is Shula staying?

Is Shula staying or not?....what do you guys think?

• Total voters

bpcolburn

Verified Member
Alright everyone...we've had time to express our opinions. In anticipation for tomorrow's statement from the Atheletic Department, what do you guys think? Is Shula staying or is he going? This isn't your opinion...this is questioning what you think will actually happen.[/list]

Time to.....

cutbait.jpg

Strictly my opinon.........CMS will continue to be the HC at UA. There will have been some changes to the staff and they will be....fill in the blank. We needed to move in a different direction and we wish those guys the best of luck.

Next....

:roll:

This kinda echoes what Keith has been saying, but during a long drive today, I had time to ponder the coaching situation.

I think since the University has taken so long to comment on this situation and give Shula a public show of support, they have no choice but to replace him. By not backing him publicly, they've stripped him of any credibility. This, IMO will hurt recruiting.

Trouble is, they need to replace CMS quickly and with a marquis name that can keep the recruiting machine running. Unfortunately, that hasn't been something the administration has been able to to for quite some time.

I wish these things had not come about. I had the highest hopes for CMS. But I'm afraid it's the only viable choice that Bama has right now.

reger60 said:
This kinda echoes what Keith has been saying, but during a long drive today, I had time to ponder the coaching situation.

I think since the University has taken so long to comment on this situation and give Shula a public show of support, they have no choice but to replace him. By not backing him publicly, they've stripped him of any credibility. This, IMO will hurt recruiting.

Trouble is, they need to replace CMS quickly and with a marquis name that can keep the recruiting machine running. Unfortunately, that hasn't been something the administration has been able to to for quite some time.

I wish these things had not come about. I had the highest hopes for CMS. But I'm afraid it's the only viable choice that Bama has right now.
As for recruiting I agree if it is a sub-par coach. But if it is SABAN it wouldn't matter if they waited another two weeks, we would hate it, but it wouldn't matter. Recruits can't sign right now anyways and he can pull some of the best talent in little time. So if they are waiting it better be someone of his credibility.

They have already given him a public show of support.....not to mention a financial show of support. As far as I know I don't recall anyone asking that they do so again. This has been purely media driven IMHO. The fans were ripe for a mutiny.

reger60 said:

Sorry to piss you off Reger but I agree with ya :D

I think he should stay if he will make changes on the staff, but my guess is that the administration is seeing if they can land a big fish, if so he is gone, if not he stays.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
reger60 said:

Sorry to piss you off Reger but I agree with ya :D

You may agree with everything else, but you've been on Shula's case since August. I have a hard time believing you "wished these things had not come about".

A statement coming out tomorrow from the Athletic Department does seem kinda strange.

I still think that CMS will be here for 07'...but Rader won't. :?

I'm pretty nervous about it...I really like Mike Shula. I hope that whatever happens to him is best for him. One thing's for sure though...whatever happens to whomever...Roll Tide!

Back
Top Bottom