| FTBL Iron Bowl week...

What the fuck is the deal with them bringing up our loss to UL Monroe in Saban's first season? That has NOTHING to do with them in the here and now. Hell, we lost to several shitty teams in the years leading up to Saban's arrival. Northern Illinois, Central Florida, Hawaii, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech. We sucked back then. What's their point?

What the fuck is the deal with them bringing up our loss to UL Monroe in Saban's first season? That has NOTHING to do with them in the here and now. Hell, we lost to several shitty teams in the years leading up to Saban's arrival. Northern Illinois, Central Florida, Hawaii, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech. We sucked back then. What's their point?

Coping mechanism. And I've seen national writers bring it up too, not just their fans... it's silly.

All of this can be, and I believe is, true...

-Freeze is a really good coach.

-Freeze doesn't have the roster he wants, or needs in year 1 of his tenure.

-Freeze will have success in time, but nothing near the level of Saban and making comparisons of the two to cope with a shitty season is really dumb and not helpful in terms of what their expectations should be.

When you suck all the time you find comfort in others sucking about as often as Halley's Comet comes around. :p

You know what's crazy? I'm watching Auburn and I think Freeze has an opioid problem. Seriously. Something isn't right.

A friend of mine that's an auburn grad, (low level) booster, etc... says Freeze has been really frustrated this year. He's not able to do what he wants on offense because of the lack of talent... and the transfers didn't pan out like he'd hoped. To compound it though, he's had issues with the staff on both sides of the ball that he's had to navigate while doing all the heavy lifting in recruiting. Supposedly, last week's issues were not because they spent time on Bama all week... it was because Freeze was all in on recruiting and put too much faith in his offensive staff again to get the job done.

Also, Bama fans should expect him to make another (stronger) run at Travaris Robinson this January... he doesn't just want him on the staff, he needs him. Badly.

A friend of mine that's an auburn grad, (low level) booster, etc... says Freeze has been really frustrated this year. He's not able to do what he wants on offense because of the lack of talent... and the transfers didn't pan out like he'd hoped. To compound it though, he's had issues with the staff on both sides of the ball that he's had to navigate while doing all the heavy lifting in recruiting. Supposedly, last week's issues were not because they spent time on Bama all week... it was because Freeze was all in on recruiting and put too much faith in his offensive staff again to get the job done.

Also, Bama fans should expect him to make another (stronger) run at Travaris Robinson this January... he doesn't just want him on the staff, he needs him. Badly.
As DC? Hmm....

The one thing that gives me hope that he will not steal Travaris Robinson away from us is that the barn is not keen on bringing back anyone who was once fambly and defected to the evil empire. It all goes back to Brother Oliver. He had been at the barn, later defected, then went back and they were convinced that he came back to try and murder the program. James Willis who had played and later coached there came to Bama for a season after wingnut was fired. He was talking to Chizik about going back there and it never materialized because they saw him as a traitor for daring to come to Bama. I think he ended up rejoining Tuberville at Texas Tech when the deal to go back to the barn fell through

Back
Top Bottom