| FTBL Iron Bowl week...

How's that working out for you this morning?
Based on your comments it made it sound like we would dominate the Barn. That did not happen so not much different this morning than last night. I predicted 31-20 Bama was thinking we would get a late score but it would be a struggle. I just did not expect the D to give up 250+ yards on the ground. That was the most disappointing and frustrating part of that game.... I think alot of that happened on about 4 or so runs but still that is unacceptable against anyone.

Based on your comments it made it sound like we would dominate the Barn.
The offense did. The defense had breakdowns last night but I don't put that on the defense. I credit Hugh. He's got a knack for picking apart defenses. There's a reason Saban wanted to hire him.

I had a "Stallings" feeling last night. Even on 4th down. It was weird.

When that snap went awry I thought, "oh gawd, this is Tua 2.0." Weird.

That's what I've also said. This game is weird down there.

The offense did. The defense had breakdowns last night but I don't put that on the defense. I credit Hugh. He's got a knack for picking apart defenses. There's a reason Saban wanted to hire him.

I had a "Stallings" feeling last night. Even on 4th down. It was weird.

When that snap went awry I thought, "oh gawd, this is Tua 2.0." Weird.

That's what I've also said. This game is weird down there.
On the run plays it seemed to me all Freeze was doing was putting more blockers on one side and out numbering the Bama defenders. Then it became option football. QB reads, keeps it, pitches it to the crossing back or hands it to the RB. Same play, same alignment just change from one side the the next with the three extra blockers. He also would spread everything out and go empty and then do a QB draw. Everytime he did the LB's followed the motion or went flying out of the middle leaving it wide open for the QB draw. It was maddening that Steele did not adjust.

On the run plays it seemed to me all Freeze was doing was putting more blockers on one side and out numbering the Bama defenders. Then it became option football. QB reads, keeps it, pitches it to the crossing back or hands it to the RB. Same play, same alignment just change from one side the the next with the three extra blockers. He also would spread everything out and go empty and then do a QB draw. Everytime he did the LB's followed the motion or went flying out of the middle leaving it wide open for the QB draw. It was maddening that Steele did not adjust.
And on the pass plays it seemed that late motion created a stack and the backs didn't recognize who to take.

Much to learn this week.

Alabama should win obviously, but auburn is always a team of momentum. Them losing that one last week killed a ton of momentum they were building up for this one on Saturday... Even though it would have been against 4 weak sisters, the mini win streak is the type of fuel they thrive on. To have that dry up they way it did, was good news for Bama. The second part though is, don't allow them any success early in the game. Demoralize the fans before the end of the 1st quarter... the survive the shitstorm mantra still applies. Let's win 45-13, not 27-25... but above all else... just win.

Bama was sooooo close to not just surviving the shit storm, but creating one for auburn and turning that game into a route. The somewhat questionable holding call that kept it from being 14-0 early completely changed the game because it gave their fans life and eventually their team the one thing they had to have… momentum. Ended up being the usual version of the away edition of the Iron Bowl where up is down, left is right, and the only thing normal is the abnormal. And while the ending was fun, and ripping their hearts out and watching their fans cry in the stands was great and all… I’d have been just fine with beating their asses 49-0 again.

Also, I hope everyone who has to be around obnoxious auburn fans during the work week is enjoying their day today.

Which was the largest dose or karma on Saturday?

1. auburn fans getting ready to rush the field only to have victory snatched form them by Milroe and Bond?

-or-

2. auburn's #84, going after Burnip with the cheap hit after his punt, but a few minutes later biting off more than he could chew with Dallas Turner and The Boys and scampering away with a hurt (dislocation?) arm.

I have to say, while both were big enough doses to OD a whale, I'm going #2.

Which was the largest dose or karma on Saturday?

1. auburn fans getting ready to rush the field only to have victory snatched form them by Milroe and Bond?

-or-

2. auburn's #84, going after Burnip with the cheap hit after his punt, but a few minutes later biting off more than he could chew with Dallas Turner and The Boys and scampering away with a hurt (dislocation?) arm.

I have to say, while both were big enough doses to OD a whale, I'm going #2.
I choose both....

I’d have been just fine with beating their asses 49-0 again.
I would take this any day over what we saw. That would have been domination and is what should have happened... Now Freeze gets to go on a sales pitch about how great of an environment it is in the cow pasture to sway recruits. Bama needed a dominating game in my mind. As usual playing the Barn does nothing to help Bama. Never has in all my days watching this game.

Back
Top Bottom