| FTBL Ingram's Pop

I'm not sure about the sentencing, but I dunno if friends is the exact word for CNS's and his relationship. I know Saban coached him when he played for Michigan State.

BamaCore said:
I'm not sure about the sentencing, but I dunno if friends is the exact word for CNS's and his relationship. I know Saban coached him when he played for Michigan State.

Sounds about right. During the Clemson game they touched on the story a bit. Said that while CNS was an asst. he was in charge of making sure Ingram went to class. At the time his current wife was his girlfriend, and Saban would even call her at times making sure that Mark was at class, behaving, etc...

Sooo, when it came time to recruiting their son she got to meet Saban (the voice on the phone so many times) for the 1st time. Supposedly after that she said "of course my son can come and play for you!" :D I probably left out some details, but that is the jist of it.

It's a fairly sad tale, and truely unfortunate that a young man like Mark now has one of his parent's in prison. Mark Ingram Sr. formerly played for the NY Giants in the NFL. He is in deep doo-doo over some financial crimes that he supposedly committed.

If this is true, being his third time in prison. CNS knew about the circumstances that could influence number 22's overall performance. I think CNS weighed and measured these thoughts carefully. He must have thought it was worth it. I wish Marc the best.

Back
Top Bottom