| CURRENT EVENTS Indoctrinating

Jesus fucking Christ on a rainbow pogo stick. This has to be some sort of twilight zone or I’m getting punked.

I DIDNT SAY THE FLAG WASNT INDOCTRINATION!! You fucking people throw an absolute come out of your skin temper tantrum about a rainbow anything in the classroom, but then get a juicy hard on for the Ten Commandments being in the classroom. If the fucking rainbow is “indoctrination” then so is the Ten Commandments. As I said 75 comments ago if the Ten Commandments can be put in a classroom then so should anything lgtbq that shows students to accept everybody. You said the Ten Commandments show how people should be, so hang them and hang a lgbtq poster showing students acceptance
Tantrum...

If you are voicing your opinion, without censorship, how is ... damn dude.

It's a discussion. If you can't handle a discussion....don't know what to tell ya.
A discussion would be you and I discussing something not 15 people all coming at me because they disagree with my beliefs and opinions. It’s group think here. Like a black ant near a red ant pile, one red ant goes at the black ant, so the other red ants go “well shit we better to”

A discussion would be you and I discussing something not 15 people all coming at me because they disagree with my beliefs and opinions. It’s group think here. Like a black ant near a red ant pile, one red ant goes at the black ant, so the other red ants go “well shit we better to”
The irony and hilarity of the use of the word, "group think."

You disagree with my view on God. It doesn't change my opinion, or enjoyment, of chatting with you.

People disagree with me here on the word "Zionist." It doesn't change my opinion, or enjoyment, of chatting with them.

I'll bet the VAST majority here doesn't agree with me when it comes to marijuana. It doesn't' change my opinion, or my enjoyment, of chatting with them.

An judgement on an opinion is not a judgment on a person. It's an observation.

To me, it seems like when these observations hit close to home, you tend to react emotionally. I get that. But, it's not like people are trying to fuck with you.

We are all just talking.

Brother, you started the thread with more than a smidge of snark. What did you expect?

The irony and hilarity of the use of the word, "group think."

You disagree with my view on God. It doesn't change my opinion, or enjoyment, of chatting with you.

People disagree with me here on the word "Zionist." It doesn't change my opinion, or enjoyment, of chatting with them.

I'll bet the VAST majority here doesn't agree with me when it comes to marijuana. It doesn't' change my opinion, or my enjoyment, of chatting with them.

An judgement on an opinion is not a judgment on a person. It's an observation.

To me, it seems like when these observations hit close to home, you tend to react emotionally. I get that. But, it's not like people are trying to fuck with you.

We are all just talking.
It is the definition of group think, now I understand everybody here is on the same side and agree with each other, but it is definitely group think.

Here’s the difference- do I believe in God? No, but I have no problem with you having that faith. Everybody knows my personal connection to the LGBTQ+ community and also knows my support for that community, so 15 people coming at me quoting a book that I don’t view any differently than any other book and ridiculing my beliefs for said community isn’t just talking.

Suppose this isn’t indoctrination either

It's grandstanding for votes, just like an election year handout. If you were a teacher, in what context would you incorporate the Bible into your lesson plans? You'd probably put it in the same light you do here, just like the many other teachers who aren't Christians.

This is clearly overreach and, like I said, grandstanding. It'll get knocked down by the first appellate judge or tribal chief, whoever is overseeing that state these days, and he can crow that he tried to make a difference, but those pesky courts stymied him. It's really no different from Biden's overreach on loan forgiveness and the foreclosure moratorium, both overturned. Playing to their base.

Surely don’t need functional illiterates attempting to teach it.

🙄🙄 Nice broad brushing

I don't know why so many people are getting in a twist here. Neither LA nor OK's statutes will ever stand a legal battle. It is just what @TerryP said, panderation. And no superintendent with half a brain cell is going to risk a lawsuit that will result in his/her district going nearly bankrupt from firing a teacher for not following this mandate.

🙄🙄 Nice broad brushing

I don't know why so many people are getting in a twist here. Neither LA nor OK's statutes will ever stand a legal battle. It is just what @TerryP said, panderation. And no superintendent with half a brain cell is going to risk a lawsuit that will result in his/her district going nearly bankrupt from firing a teacher for not following this mandate.
It doesn’t bother me at all what’s being proposed for the reasons that you listed. My elementary years were from 68-72. Probably because I have been married twice & there is a 16 yr gap between my oldest & my second child. I have seen & interacted with teachers over a long span & there has been a serious decline in the quality of educators. My brush strokes are therefore long not broad.

How many children do you have or had in public schools? What time periods? Where?
None.

If I had children, I would home school them. IF I had kids they'd probably fall in the "Drew Barrymore" category. As I recall, she doesn't have a high school degree. She just read. And read. And read.

That's where it would all begin IF I had kids...read. read. read.

Back
Top Bottom