| FTBL Imma Start It: Fire the OC and DC

I expected some losses this year but I also expected to be competitive and have some answers, right now we're a lost team.

We lack an overall identity on offense and defense and we're incapable of making in-game adjustments to fix problems. We are struggling to make game to game adjustments also which is not a good look.

I can be patient with the team as a whole and CKD but I feel like we're an aimless ship drifting in the Ocean. IF we don't find something and soon, this will snowball from a few bad games and permeate into the recruiting cycle and further.

I expected some losses this year but I also expected to be competitive and have some answers, right now we're a lost team.

We lack an overall identity on offense and defense and we're incapable of making in-game adjustments to fix problems. We are struggling to make game to game adjustments also which is not a good look.

I can be patient with the team as a whole and CKD but I feel like we're an aimless ship drifting in the Ocean. IF we don't find something and soon, this will snowball from a few bad games and permeate into the recruiting cycle and further.
I agree with what you’re saying but IMO us fans take Bama football very serious and at the present time this coaching staff and players don’t.

We're starting to hear the same crap in post game interviews with CKD. " We have to play better as a team"... What a bold statement of the obvious." We're trying hard...", and" we have to get better". How about begin looking around for SEC-level coordinators.and drop the west coast approach. Plead with Saban to give you a personal coaching clinic.

The D cord may can stay…We need better D line and LB coaches…Not sure about Linquist yet..Our players are getting too lean to run a defense, the way we need to…Every since Tosh pushed the size and strength CUT on our defense, our lines have underperformed..We need bigger stronger lineman..

The O-cord needs to get more blocking help.. No empty backfields… But he can’t help Milroe is not throwing to wide open people… He also can help that Milroe has gone into “investment protection mode”..Milroe goes down easily and does not run with ruthless aggression anymore… Milroe is on his tippy toes…He has completely lost respect from opposing defenses..

I will say it yet one more time, peoples expectations of there not being any growing pains was unrealistic.
I don't disagree, but the lack of discipline and just dumb flags.......that's not growing pains. That's lack of focus. It takes no effort or talent to keep from getting an unsportsmanlike flag. None. We have have had two the last three games. One didn't really matter all that much, we were already beat. The one last night really killed our chances.

That's not the reason why we lost. We lost due to the other 75 flags and poor execution/play calling.

I just don't see Deboer working out. While he won't be fired after a season, he ultimately will not work out. Either he's going to realize he's in over his head and leave on his own, of it'll get so bad, they'll have no choice but to pull the plug. He's not a good coach. We have another one that we can add to the Dubose, Franchione, Price, Shula list. Although I kind of hate to lump him in with Fran. At least Fran had SOME games where we won convincingly. Hell, Fran beat Saban 31-0 on the road! But, we will end up replacing him at some juncture. Probably a few years from now. Not unless he does like Shula almost did and lands a Tebow type recruit or something of that nature. Otherwise, we will have to get used to 8-4/7-5 kind of seasons

I think CKD is a good coach. We as alabama fans have grown accustomed to a great coach but the program and college football was changing under Saban as well which imo is the reason he left. I've been an Alabama fan all my life, I used to be an NFL fan. College is taking a very NFL turn in what it's becoming and if there isn't a change I'll find something else to do with my fall Saturdays. Some will say that's a bandwagon or sidewalk fan but it's just becoming something I don't want to watch.
Football to me is the ultimate team sport where each person has to do their job and everyone holds each other accountable for it and at a place like Alabama the standard has been high for a long time. The coach was looked at by the players with the highest level of respect and held in very high regard. Coach also treated the players like his own kids, praised you, got on your ass when you needed it, and was there for you when you needed him. Great sport with great life lessons and you won and lost with class or you paid for it.
This game is becoming something controlled by players who are 19 and 20 year old kids, many of whom are being given huge sums of money and we expect them not to act like rich 19 year old kids. It's becoming a game where players won't play for the team because the first team qb got benched, where having the best athletes on your team doesn't mean anything because they don't feel like putting their best effort on this Saturday, where players are running the team not coaches and that's not a game I want to trade my Saturdays for.
I hope it gets under control with transfers and NIL but I think the genie has been let out of the bottle and it isn't going back. I'd like to see an NFL minor league started for top athletes and let college ball go back to being college ball but I don't think that will happen either, colleges don't want to compete with another league or give up their best athletes. So i think it will continue down this path, various changes will occur to get a couple of super leagues, rivalries will go away, coaches and players will become what they are in the NFL and the sport I've known and loved will be transformed into something I just don't want to watch.

I just don't see Deboer working out. While he won't be fired after a season, he ultimately will not work out. Either he's going to realize he's in over his head and leave on his own, of it'll get so bad, they'll have no choice but to pull the plug. He's not a good coach. We have another one that we can add to the Dubose, Franchione, Price, Shula list. Although I kind of hate to lump him in with Fran. At least Fran had SOME games where we won convincingly. Hell, Fran beat Saban 31-0 on the road! But, we will end up replacing him at some juncture. Probably a few years from now. Not unless he does like Shula almost did and lands a Tebow type recruit or something of that nature. Otherwise, we will have to get used to 8-4/7-5 kind of seasons

LOL at, "He's not a good coach..."

Who do you consider good then?

Back
Top Bottom