| FTBL I'm starting to dislike Finebaum

Porterhouse said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Finebaum tells it like it is plain and simple. If its Auburn in trouble hes on it, same thing with Bama, UT,etc.

We have/had a huge problem with player behavior for a couple of years now. :oops:

I listen more for the entertainment value than anything. Thats what Finebaum has over the other guys in that he ENTERTAINS as opposed to toeing the company line.

He will occasionally have a good guest on his show, but other than that, he's worthless to me... maybe that is because I don't want to listen to a guy host a show about college football when that host couldn't describe the difference between the veer and the wishbone... or a cover 3 and a cover 2. But alas... that's just me.

I would agree Porter. It seems that Finebaum has to stir the pot...because he has no ability to speak on the actual game. If he doesn't keep some controversy going, folks will actually see that he knows little about football.

kayleighsdad said:
Porterhouse said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Finebaum tells it like it is plain and simple. If its Auburn in trouble hes on it, same thing with Bama, UT,etc.

We have/had a huge problem with player behavior for a couple of years now. :oops:

I listen more for the entertainment value than anything. Thats what Finebaum has over the other guys in that he ENTERTAINS as opposed to toeing the company line.

He will occasionally have a good guest on his show, but other than that, he's worthless to me... maybe that is because I don't want to listen to a guy host a show about college football when that host couldn't describe the difference between the veer and the wishbone... or a cover 3 and a cover 2. But alas... that's just me.

I would agree Porter. It seems that Finebaum has to stir the pot...because he has no ability to speak on the actual game. If he doesn't keep some controversy going, folks will actually see that he knows little about football.

Put it this way, the books he wrote are found in the comedy/humor section at the bookstore, not in the sports section. That sums him up. He is a joke.

Denny Chimes said:
It Takes Eleven said:
I listened to Dunaway's show on 690 yesterday when he was interviewing the SEC official. That was a good (and real) sports program, in my opinion.

RTR,

Tim
I agree. Dunaway is a good host.

He's a good guy all around. That was the first time I'd heard his show. Jim (he went by Junior in college) and I were fraternity brothers at Montevallo, but we hadn't kept up with each other. Because I enjoyed the show, was driving and otherwise unoccupied, I called the show just as it was ending. I told the screener who I was, and after they went off the air and we talked a while. It was good to catch up with each other and reminisce a bit.

RTR,

Tim

kayleighsdad said:
Does anybody know this guy "Jim from Tuscaloosa" on the show?

I've heard him call into all of those Birmingham morning shows with a different name everytime.

What a freak.

I've heard him call several different shows. I always thought he used the same name. :D Anyway the guy obviously needs professional help. He's a fruitloop. :shock:

Finebaum has a simple formula. He stirs the pot on whatever is controversial at the moment. This energizes the collection of regular morons to call in and voice idiotic opinions, which prompts angry responses from a different set of morons. I think many people listen just because they are amazed that supposedly adult people can talk that way on the air.

He does have some good guests from time to time, and I try to watch his web site for them so I can listen. I have found that my blood pressure does much better if I otherwise ignore him.

One think i can honestly say about Slimbaum. If you listen to him in the afternoon and eat a bowl of corn flakes before you go to bed, you'll go to bed with nothing on your mind and nothing in your stomach.

psychojoe said:
Finebaum has a simple formula. He stirs the pot on whatever is controversial at the moment. This energizes the collection of regular morons to call in and voice idiotic opinions, which prompts angry responses from a different set of morons.

Bingo! Finebaum is just the right mix of sports and amateur acting. Take Shane from Centerpoint (Alabama fan)...a regular caller...for instance. Shane calls in daily with these crazy calls about all kinds of stuff...lately he has become a self-proclaimed investigative reporter and concocted some kind of "Chette Williams scandal" at Auburn. :)

Well then, Shane's nemesis, Bobby from Homewood (AU fan)...regular caller....will call in and rip Shane a new one with all kinds of crazy, absurd rips on Alabama.

Bobby may be a bigger idiot than Shane. But they both server their purpose, which is to get other people to call in and react to their lunacy.

Once you understand the Finebaum model, it becomes very entertaining radio indeed!

Finebaum plays both sides of the fence, and swings back and forth whether he is slamming on AU more or UA more. Right now, he happens to be slamming all over Saban, but that will change in a week or two, don't worry!

circledrill said:
psychojoe said:
Finebaum plays both sides of the fence, and swings back and forth whether he is slamming on AU more or UA more. Right now, he happens to be slamming all over Saban, but that will change in a week or two, don't worry!

...And the whole time he's riding the fence, isn't he a University of Tennessee grad?

Argo said:
circledrill said:
psychojoe said:

...And the whole time he's riding the fence, isn't he a University of Tennessee grad?

hes not scared to rip Ut and Fulmer a new one either

Back
Top Bottom