| PRO I'm seeing rumors of the Titan's trading Derrick Henry to Philly.

I wondered if the Titans might try to get what they can out of him before his contract ended. I think he has one year left on the contract and I would not be surprised to see him test the FA market heavily at the end of the year. The Eagles could definitely use Henry with Sanders gone to Carolina.

I heard this several weeks ago on some radio call in show. From what they were saying, ship Henry out why you can still get value for him as opposed to giving him another couple of years and his production take a dip. Better to reload now with a 21-22 year old RB than continue with Henry and the mileage they have put on him.

It’s a heavy rumor. His next contract will be huge. If true, the Titans are being impacted by the future financial impact and want to get as much as possible in a trade.
Big consideration for Titans is Henry's age. I know he's a freak of nature, but most running backs production drops considerably after their age 29 season. If I'm the GM of the Titans I get whatever I can for Henry and add some quality pieces through the draft.

I heard this several weeks ago on some radio call in show. From what they were saying, ship Henry out why you can still get value for him as opposed to giving him another couple of years and his production take a dip. Better to reload now with a 21-22 year old RB than continue with Henry and the mileage they have put on him.
Belichick used to be one of the best and getting rid of players right before their production declined. It's always better to move a player a year too soon than a year too late.

Back
Top Bottom