| FTBL I’ll give Lane Kiffin credit here…

Kiffin made a major miscalculation by leaving Tennessee for a program that was on probation.. a lot of the games Kiffin lost was not because he was a bad coach it was because he did not have the depth to compete, later in the games.. he played the eventual natty runner Notre Dame to the last minute..

Kiffin made a major miscalculation by leaving Tennessee for a program that was on probation.. a lot of the games Kiffin lost was not because he was a bad coach it was because he did not have the depth to compete, later in the games.. he played the eventual natty runner Notre Dame to the last minute..
I agree with this, but I think (as he stated) USC was his dream job. He let emotion get in the way of solid thinking. Given his immaturity at the time (and I'm not casting stones) I made stupid hasty decisions at 35 and let emotion cloud my judgement. Granted, his stupid move made him rich and was able to grow from it, but hasty nonetheless.

USC made him an offer he couldn't refuse. All of the skeletons from Pete Carroll's tenure were in a closet in Knoxville. USC had to have him and the other assistants back in LA to keep their mouths shut.

Back
Top Bottom