| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC If you could bring back one musician?

Okay, story time.

I have an uncle who operates a radio station in Spokane WA. In '96, The Cranberries were playing in Oregon and I was out there visiting my aunt.

@footballer when she sang "You and Me" in that venue I lost my breath a few times. As geeky as this sounds, it was...ain't got the word. The bass in that song ... fuck. Let me see if I can find the video

The Cranberries were never one of my favorites, but I really liked several of their dongs. There is no denying that Doloris was a special talent who
impacted a huge fan base. Her drowning was a shame. Mental illness and alcoholism, a deadly combo.

She was an excellent musician, but she had nothing left to prove. Dolores from Cranberries (my favorite female vocalist of all time) died way too young... I'd bring her back. Dreams is such an emotional and heavenly song.
Oh. Don't I know. I had an image from the official video as my avatar for a while.

She isn't in falsetto in that song...and the harmony makes me get chill bumps.

There are three lead guitars in the song...stop for a minute and listen to them. The bass player carries the tune. The whole song is written (music) on minim's....half notes. E major and G major.

Yes, you have maybe a dozen threads that you have mentioned her or the group on here.
What can I say? 🤷‍♂️

I've mentioned "First Wednesday" more than a few times here talking about church, and music. I've mentioned sometimes I just had to sit down.

I've seen them in concert. I pulled a Joe Biden a few times: just stared. The one time in my life my body was flacid. When he brings up "Dreams" it just brought me back to that concert. I geeked out for a minute.

Story time, again.

In 2011 we opened the pub. One of the girls we brought with us, Heather,..all I can say is damn. We've been out a few times...but more to the point, that lady turned $1500 lunches with our marketing.

Anyway...she attended JavaRockingland that year...here's where I violate the 10 commandments. Still envious. If I recall correctly, that was in Indonesia.

Back
Top Bottom