| FTBL If Applewhite goes...

G

Who would you like to see come in and take over the offense? I know this was slightly discussed in another thread, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion.

Honestly, I'd love to have Gus Malzahn. I think his offense with Saban's talent would be absolutely deadly.

From watcdhing the Hog forums recently I've seen a lot of talk about Malzahn being a clubhoue cancer. Some of the posters there have cited things that have happened at Tulsa and made statements like, "Gus is at it again".

I know there are people that support him too, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of him to be honest. I know he'd never push Saban around but we still don't need drama from players, fans, boosters, or even assistant coaches.

image001.jpg

I vote for this guy!

I feel that we will probably find out that CMA left under pressure from Saban. That makes me think that Saban probably feels that his present recruits are staying put with Bama. If he felt he would lose Jackson and others then this coaching shakeup would have come at a later time to ensure what commitments we have. CMA probably wasnt a good fit and Saban surely isn't the kind to watch it get out of hand.
RTR

bamanaf said:
I feel that we will probably find out that CMA left under pressure from Saban. That makes me think that Saban probably feels that his present recruits are staying put with Bama. If he felt he would lose Jackson and others then this coaching shakeup would have come at a later time to ensure what commitments we have. CMA probably wasnt a good fit and Saban surely isn't the kind to watch it get out of hand.
RTR

From all indications your probably not far off.

kudzu said:
bamanaf said:
RTR

With everything flying around, it can be difficult filtering out the BS from the facts... but some people close to the situation (and Applewhite) are saying that he didn't leave because of Saban or because of any pressure. He wanted to remain at UA, but was conflicted.

With everything flying around, it can be difficult filtering out the BS from the facts... but some people close to the situation (and Applewhite) are saying that he didn't leave because of Saban or because of any pressure. He wanted to remain at UA, but was conflicted.[/quote]

I'm sure that whatever the reason is, Saban and Applewhite will come up with a mutual response to the media and fans to protect them both. I am sure they both want the best for each others careers despite wanting to part ways.
RTR

Porterhouse said:
With everything flying around, it can be difficult filtering out the BS from the facts... but some people close to the situation (and Applewhite) are saying that he didn't leave because of Saban or because of any pressure. He wanted to remain at UA, but was conflicted.

bamanaf said:
I'm sure that whatever the reason is, Saban and Applewhite will come up with a mutual response to the media and fans to protect them both. I am sure they both want the best for each others careers despite wanting to part ways.
RTR

No doubt about that. Applewhite enjoyed working for Saban and loved(s) UA. He will handle it with class.

SpecThis said:
What about Rush Propst? :D

I don't know about you, but someday I want season tickets Bama football, but with the number of families he's got it would be 2025 before I can get my hands on some :lol:

ghice said:
SpecThis said:
What about Rush Propst? :D

I don't know about you, but someday I want season tickets Bama football, but with the number of families he's got it would be 2025 before I can get my hands on some :lol:

Rush Propst wouldnt probably ever be chosen for OC but would be a great qb coach/mentor. The man knows offense. Yeah, he's made some bad personal decisions but, we all do. I think its something Bama should look into.
RTR

Porterhouse said:
kudzu said:
bamanaf said:
RTR

I hope I'm not reading too much into this, but if this is, indeed, correct, Porter, then I guess it was, and is, okay after all to read too much into other comments, unless, of course, one chooses to listen to a few who for some reason do not want other folks thinking autonomously. :?

Back
Top Bottom