| FTBL If anyone wondered where we are defensively...

I

imported_porkchop

...tonight is a good indication.

A totally one-sided team that cannot pass the ball to save their life has tied it up early in the fourth 31-31.

We should all be a little concerned regarding our 8 and 9 win predictions on the season. Chances are we're going to run into real trouble in the next few weeks. Our defense just isn't there right now and the special teams are spotty in areas.

Totally lost...

Were totally lost and totally screwed..
As a Tide Fan i'am so disapointed right now..
And kicking a field goal when were down 38-31 and so close to the goal line late in the 4th quarter is total ''STUPID'',,,,

WIN!!!!!! OMG I can't believe it! To follow up chop we lost a 3 td lead and threw a int on our 26. As the 4th quater came to and end the TIDE stepped up and became MEN IMO! Outstanding call by Saban on the FG.

Although I did have 3 heart attacks tonight. Please for give gammer

Optimus said:
Although I did have 3 heart attacks tonight.

Me too. I really thought it was over when Arkansas took the lead. And I thought that again when we had to settle for a field goal. We have done so poorly in the fourth quarter for a long time. But tonight we did it when the game was on the line. John Parker Wilson, Matt Caddell and company pulled our bacon out of the fire.

Re: Totally lost...

nightflight84 said:
And kicking a field goal when were down 38-31 and so close to the goal line late in the 4th quarter is total ''STUPID'',,,,

Well, I wondered about the call myself. But, right now it doesn't seem so stupid. We took the points and came away with something. Who knows? Maybe that gave them the extra confidence to pull it off in the end.

I guess that's why he gets the HUGE bucks.

Roll Tide!!!!!!!

:D

what a game! now for all the physchics, point to the remaining schedule and tell me in absolute certainty what game / games we will lose. i am concerned with some, lsu in particular. who knows we might go all the way!

GeorgiaTider said:
nightflight84 said:

Hence why you are not the coach.

Ended up being the call of the game. All you naysayers let this be a lesson. Saban knows more than we do. :)

bamatommy said:
Optimus said:
Although I did have 3 heart attacks tonight.

Me too. I really thought it was over when Arkansas took the lead. And I thought that again when we had to settle for a field goal. We have done so poorly in the fourth quarter for a long time. But tonight we did it when the game was on the line. John Parker Wilson, Matt Caddell and company pulled our bacon out of the fire.

Last 4 years...Shula
This year...Saban

The difference!

I am not overly concerned about our D. We got smoked in the 2nd half, but then what other team has two backs as good as Arkansas? Face it, they are good. I think what hurt us was the lack of presure on Dick. But we won a tough on. RTR

nightflight84 said:
Saban wanted points and he played to get to ball back so we could have a chance at a winning drive.Im glad your not the coach

Our D doesn't suck(maybe not our greatest) but we will not face another back of his caliber. He is BEAST and he showed it tonight.Heisman winner hands down.

Had we not kicked the FG late, we might have gone to O/T. I'm not sure we would have stayed with the Hogs in O/T.

And, you don't give the Hogs the ball at your own 26 and expect to come away unscathed.

None of this supposition matters,however. Only the final score matters, and I believe that we had more points than they did. You may correct me if I'm wrong.

Im glad on Arkansas last possesion that Nutt decided to pass on 3rd down. It was incomplete and stopped the clock. Had he run it and punted.......who knows.
Great win. This has turned out to be a very exciting series between the Tide and the Hogs.
ROLL TIDE !

five4tide said:
Im glad on Arkansas last possesion that Nutt decided to pass on 3rd down. It was incomplete and stopped the clock. Had he run it and punted.......who knows.
Great win. This has turned out to be a very exciting series between the Tide and the Hogs.
ROLL TIDE !

That play was the difference in the clock. No way we have the time if they ran it. Also, the refs stopping to measure the gain on the 5 or so was a total gift of clock stoppage. :)

Back
Top Bottom