| LIFE I went into Parker's convenience store today and for my change they asked if I wanted to donate it to charity.

TerryP

Staff
I asked the cashier—who had just carded me for beer when I Iook every bit of 50+—where does it go?

He didn't know.

At this point is probably about time for me to get offline. Thinking too much.

After high school, a bunch of my baseball teammates and I got together and started playing softball tournaments on the weekends. Most of the time there was a charity involved, not that we cared that much. But one Saturday evening, getting to the later rounds this guy asks for everyone’s attention. He’s standing at home plate. He was about 5’3”, 40’s, redneck would be too classy if a description. He and his team were at most every weekend tournament playing and getting drunk. So he has this speaker thing and he thanks everyone for playing. Says this is a special tournament this weekend. He said “thank you all for coming out to help momma”. “She’s been a little sad lately so this tournament and all the proceeds have really picked her up.” So the tournament was to put money in his mom’s pocket. Momma then stood up and waved, she was in the little set of bleachers. She was a normal 60 year old looking lady. We were taken aback and I’ve never forgotten that one.

After high school, a bunch of my baseball teammates and I got together and started playing softball tournaments on the weekends. Most of the time there was a charity involved, not that we cared that much. But one Saturday evening, getting to the later rounds this guy asks for everyone’s attention. He’s standing at home plate. He was about 5’3”, 40’s, redneck would be too classy if a description. He and his team were at most every weekend tournament playing and getting drunk. So he has this speaker thing and he thanks everyone for playing. Says this is a special tournament this weekend. He said “thank you all for coming out to help momma”. “She’s been a little sad lately so this tournament and all the proceeds have really picked her up.” So the tournament was to put money in his mom’s pocket. Momma then stood up and waved, she was in the little set of bleachers. She was a normal 60 year old looking lady. We were taken aback and I’ve never forgotten that one.
I 'preciate all the help for Momma...

Back
Top Bottom