| FTBL I have a question for all of you that should know this?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
When was the last time in any game? That a MVP was giving to a player only playing half the game? I have try looking but couldn't find any? So do any of you that keep up with these type of record? Know? Asking for a buddy?

When was the last time in any game? That a MVP was giving to a player only playing half the game? I have try looking but couldn't find any? So do any of you that keep up with these type of record? Know? Asking for a buddy?

Rick, you’re always asking for a friend. This is a good legit question. It’s not a question about ED meds or anything. LOL You can own this one 🤠

Cant think of any. But the mvp ( should have been)of nc game was mac....
Najee....Smith...oline... all great...but mac was super....even second half without Smith...he was outstanding...
Voters got catch up in "smith train"....and he was great....but mac played entire game...made critical runs for first downs...got the ball to receivers..played hurt in a quarter...lead team... thats mvp status...

Najee....Smith...oline... all great...but mac was super....even second half without Smith...he was outstanding...
Voters got catch up in "smith train"....and he was great....but mac played entire game...made critical runs for first downs...got the ball to receivers..played hurt in a quarter...lead team... thats mvp status...

Agreed or at least Co- MVP’s

I agree with Jones. Because without him. Smith won't get all those award and Harris either.

I'm not sure they gave an MVP for the game, but ABC would typically have a player of the game on their broadcasts. Kerry Goode in the Boston College game might be one.

Every time I see a reference to a network MVP I am reminded of Bama's 1978 opener against Nebraska.

1978-Nebraska (Big 8)​
9/2​
vs.Alabama (11-1)L
3​
20​
@ Birmingham, AL
9/9​
vs.California (6-5)W
36​
26​
9/16​
vs.Hawaii (6-5)W
56​
10​
9/30​
@Indiana (4-7)W
69​
17​
10/7​
@*Iowa State (8-4)W
23​
0​
10/14​
vs.*Kansas State (4-7)W
48​
14​
10/21​
@*Colorado (6-5)W
52​
14​
10/28​
vs.*Oklahoma State (3-8)W
22​
14​
11/4​
@*Kansas (1-10)W
63​
21​
11/11​
vs.*Oklahoma (11-1)W
17​
14​
11/18​
vs.*Missouri (8-4)L
31​
35​
1/1​
vs.*Oklahoma (11-1)L
24​
31​
@ Miami, FLOrange Bowl
9-3-0​

One of Bama's TDs was on a 99 yard drive against the Nebraska defense. As you can see above their 3 points against the Bama defense looked like a typographical error on their season results.

ABC Player of the Game- Nebraska Defense. I kid you not!

Back
Top Bottom