| FTBL How much change should be expected in Jalen's QB growth?

Ohio State may have similar talent and the most disciplined D of the 3 others in CFP (Clemson has a ton of talent as well but gives up points/big plays:secondary?), but the OSU offense I saw vs Michigan leads me to believe they might be easiest for Bama to dominate. Clemson is my biggest concern and I'm sure that's because of what went down last year.

I agree you need to score at least 35 to beat Clemson.

Any of the CFP teams' defense going to be as strong as LSU? Florida was supposed to be all that, but only held Bama to 54 (and when it got going in the 4th, they used most of the 4th quarter just playing keep away from UF's O) Seems scoring 30+ will be business as usual. Clempson's D is fair this year, but don't believe they are as strong as last? But have not really watched them much? I do worry about their WR's and the RB is fairly accomplished. Just hope that Evans can spy successfully again this year.

I am hoping for a USC type beat down of the Huskies and then I am torn about the final game.. would be nice for Dabo to get in the finals again, but would rather beat U. Cryer. well, just being nominated is an honor.

Explosive yes, but always at the expense of the defense. They are left on the field for 2/3rds of the game. What you are describing has already been accomplished in the Big 12/Pac 12. One of the reasons our defense has been so consistent over the years is because of our ball control on offense. In truth, you can't have one without the other.

Oh, we'd still be able to take the air out when needed. we'd never do away with our primary identity.

I guess the thing with Kiffin is... although he's been great at adapting to the talent under center, he's been somewhat limited in really utilizing Jalen's strengths. We have what... two, maybe three sets where that we run option spread out of?

It's clear that since Saban wants to move in this direction. This is evidenced by the kind of QBs we've recruited in the last 2-3 years. Cornwell was the last pocket-style QB we've recruited and signed.

And with incoming Tua and Mac Jones, dual-threat is where Saban wants to be for the foreseeable future.

So, he wants an OC that is innovative coaching, teaching, and scheming spread/RPO concepts.

Helfrich just may be that guy. He's available...lol

247 - Mac Jones is a 6-2, 180-pound Pro-Style Quarterback from Jacksonville, FL.
ESPN - Mac Jones 6-3, 180 | 40: 4.91 | Class of 2017 Hometown Jacksonville, Fla Position Quarterback: Pocket Passer
RIVALS - Mac Jones Pro-style quarterback 4 STARS Bolles Jacksonville, FL Ht: 6'3" Wt: 181 lbs Class: 2017

Anyone know if this kid and move his feet? is he just a back up plan for???? in Saban I trust but not sure about keeping a Pro-Style QB with 2 Dual Treat guys? unless he is coming with the idea of learning the RPO

247 - Mac Jones is a 6-2, 180-pound Pro-Style Quarterback from Jacksonville, FL.
ESPN - Mac Jones 6-3, 180 | 40: 4.91 | Class of 2017 Hometown Jacksonville, Fla Position Quarterback: Pocket Passer
RIVALS - Mac Jones Pro-style quarterback 4 STARS Bolles Jacksonville, FL Ht: 6'3" Wt: 181 lbs Class: 2017

Anyone know if this kid and move his feet? is he just a back up plan for???? in Saban I trust but not sure about keeping a Pro-Style QB with 2 Dual Treat guys? unless he is coming with the idea of learning the RPO

I wouldn't be surprised if this kid didn't play baseball and was probably a shortstop/2nd baseman. Going off of my HS coaching experience, the kids that play QB are often your schools' best athlete and they often play 2 sports. Baseball equates to a middle infielder and basketball equates to a guard.

Back
Top Bottom