| FTBL How much change should be expected in Jalen's QB growth?

rolltide66

With 15 practices to prepare for the CFP bowl against UW, how much growth should we expect?
Ball protection;
Long Ball?
Reading the D?
Eye control?

Any old QB's on here able to predict how much could be accomplished in 3 weeks on the practice field

Haven't heard anything about Hurts working with an outside QB guru; is he? and if so, who is it?

underlying issue, who gets enough Practice reps to at least be able to go in and take a snap if Jalen were to be rested? (Cornwell or Murphy?)

What could be done in three weeks Eye Control and reading the D. I am sure they have seen he does not carry the ball as close to his chest as I would like when he runs with it but that will have to be changed in the off season. If I had to decide I would say Cornwell gets the reps.

Don't expect miracles in four weeks. What can be done in three weeks that couldn't be done in the past 15+? There isn't any time during the season for a QB to work with a private coach and I don't know how Kiffin/Saban would feel about any work that might disrupt existing tendencies that they plan for/against.

Saban will use the initial practice period to give everybody reps, especially the reserves. It won't be three weeks of only planning for UW. The first week alone will be fundamentals for everybody.

Don't expect miracles in four weeks. What can be done in three weeks that couldn't be done in the past 15+? There isn't any time during the season for a QB to work with a private coach and I don't know how Kiffin/Saban would feel about any work that might disrupt existing tendencies that they plan for/against.

Saban will use the initial practice period to give everybody reps, especially the reserves. It won't be three weeks of only planning for UW. The first week alone will be fundamentals for everybody.
this right here is the truth of it.

I would say Cornwell will obviously get Bateman's reps if he is leaving before the playoffs. Maybe Austin Johnson (an Elba boy) will get some reps too, he's a little like Jalen in that he is a dual-threat while Cornwell is the pure pocket passer.

As far as what can improve I would say his timing will be the biggest improvement leading up to the Peach Bowl IMO.

I would say Cornwell will obviously get Bateman's reps if he is leaving before the playoffs. Maybe Austin Johnson (an Elba boy) will get some reps too, he's a little like Jalen in that he is a dual-threat while Cornwell is the pure pocket passer.

As far as what can improve I would say his timing will be the biggest improvement leading up to the Peach Bowl IMO.

38 WO Austin Johnson WR SO Elba, Al/Elba 6-2/200 no game time
19 PWO Montana Murphy QB FR Southlake, Tx/Carroll

Wondering if there would be any consideration for using #13 as a wildcat QB... he could throw just enough to add a bit of excitement when everyone started loading the box.

With Cornwell being a pocket passer, sounds like he'd play Browning's role on the scout team, yes?

Saban said he invited John Parker to run the scout team during LSU week because the QBs he had were banged up at the time. With the added potential loss of Bateman, I wouldn't doubt Saban is making calls to Sims, Parker Wilson and whoever is available for the stretch run.

38 WO Austin Johnson WR SO Elba, Al/Elba 6-2/200 no game time
19 PWO Montana Murphy QB FR Southlake, Tx/Carroll

Wondering if there would be any consideration for using #13 as a wildcat QB... he could throw just enough to add a bit of excitement when everyone started loading the box.

They moved Austin to QB after Barnett transferred. He switched to #19 too, he has been practicing at both positions tho.

Back
Top Bottom