| FTBL Hoover scandle

Tigrinum Major said:
BamaBullies said:
Hopefully Auburn will land in hot water with the NCAA. That would be awesome!

I'll say the same to you that I say to my Auburn friends that say they want Alabama to land on probation:

Keep tilting at windmills.

Hopefully you will land in hot water decked in Auburn gear (literally) the same day that the barn lands in hot water (figuratively).

BamaBullies said:
Tigrinum Major said:
BamaBullies said:

I'll say the same to you that I say to my Auburn friends that say they want Alabama to land on probation:

Hopefully you will land in hot water decked in Auburn gear (literally) the same day that the barn lands in hot water (figuratively).

I can't wish probation omn any team. Especially in the SEC. What hurts them, hurts Alabama. Reputation wise and in money. The less teams going to Bowls, the less monet the SEC makes, the less money is handed out to ALL schools every year.

And wishing someone to fall into hot water (literally) is just plain wrong.

BamaBullies said:
Tigrinum Major said:
BamaBullies said:

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant. By my "Tilting at windmills" comment, I was making a reference to Don Quixote.

Neither school is going on probation based on Mobile and Hoover high schools. Or for bumping recruits at this time, for that matter. By believing that either is, you are simply attacking giants that just aren't there.

Same thing I said about the Mobile situation re: Auburn is the same thing I'll say about the Hoover deal: Much ado about nothing. The Finebaums of the world will make this a bigger issue than it really is because there is nothing else to talk about.

With regard to any other SEC team being placed on probation: I don't really care one way or the other. I preached the message that "one weakened link in the chain makes the whole conference weaker" to other rival fans when we were on probation and all I got in return was "it doesn't matter that BAMA is on probation because the conference will be fine without BAMA playing at full strength". Well you know what? The conference did make it just fine and the opponents were proven correct.

That being said, if ANY school is accused of impropiety, they should be held to the same exacting standards that the Crimson Tide program was held to whether that be Auburn, Oklahoma or USC but since we all know that fairness is not part of the NCAA doctrine, that will NEVER happen. So if AU finds itself battling sanctions again and it was justly deserved, you will not find me shedding a tear, that is for certain!

Bama Bo said:
I can't wish probation omn any team. Especially in the SEC. What hurts them, hurts Alabama. Reputation wise and in money. The less teams going to Bowls, the less monet the SEC makes, the less money is handed out to ALL schools every year.

Bo, I don't like to disagree with you but I have to here. :)

The only one that got hurt when Alabama went on probation was Alabama. Auburn, Tennessee and LSU all upped their game while we went in our downward spiral.

If Auburn, UT or LSU went on probation...it would not hurt Alabama. I've never been vindictive, but I would delight in any of them being held to the standard Alabama was in a similar situation.

bamafan4ever said:
bamatommy said:
BamaBullies said:
I am sure it is related to a Bama player. :roll: Dammit man I am so sick of dealing with this crap.

Couldn't agree more. I'm going to die if we get in trouble with the NCAA again. Come on, people!!!

Please. This is such a rush to worry over a non-issue and I promise you, this is a non-issue...period.

You realize that your speaking of the truth keeps your rep meter low, don't you?

I have no idea if there is any connection at all between Alabama or Auburn with the Mobile or Hoover situations. But this thing isn't likely to just quietly go away. The Hoover story has now made SI and a reporter for the Hoover newspaper has been fired. It is also reported that, in the Hoover case, there is a letter requesting a grade change. Who signed it I don't know but there are now more than one copy so no one person can sweep things under the rug. One should note that Hoover Coach Russ Probst and their principal Gibson were roomies in college.
Hmmmmmm.

Porterhouse said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Proud Tiger said:
One should note that Hoover Coach Russ Probst and their principal Gibson were roomies in college.
Hmmmmmm.

Bishop.

I didn't know dyslexia kicked in with old age.

He is thinking of Brandon Gibson's dad. The NCAA is looking into that, by the way.

Brandon Gibson is from UMS Wright. What do UMS Wright and Hoover have in common? The supposed grade changes for AU didn't come from UMS Wright, did they?

BamaDelta said:
Porterhouse said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Proud Tiger said:
One should note that Hoover Coach Russ Probst and their principal Gibson were roomies in college.
Hmmmmmm.

Bishop.

He is thinking of Brandon Gibson's dad. The NCAA is looking into that, by the way.

Brandon Gibson is from UMS Wright. What do UMS Wright and Hoover have in common? The supposed grade changes for AU didn't come from UMS Wright, did they?

Sarcasm is lost on those who have a low self awareness. :wink:

Tigrinum Major said:
BamaDelta said:
Porterhouse said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Proud Tiger said:
Hmmmmmm.

Bishop.

She should know better than to take anything I say seriously. :lol:

Tigrinum Major said:
BamaDelta said:
Porterhouse said:
Tigrinum Major said:
Proud Tiger said:
Hmmmmmm.

Bishop.

Ooops, I caught the Star Jackson one but I guess I let this one slip by :D . It was watching the Braves score all those runs last night in person. I've been messed up ever since. :wink:

BamaDelta said:
Ooops, I caught the Star Jackson one but I guess I let this one slip by :D . It was watching the Braves score all those runs last night in person. I've been messed up ever since. :wink:

That was a great game. Feels good to score all of them runs...and beat up a weaker team. :lol:

Tider 27 said:
BamaDelta said:

That was a great game. Feels good to score all of them runs...and beat up a weaker team. :lol:

You misspelled any team.

Porterhouse said:
Tider 27 said:
BamaDelta said:

You misspelled any team.

There is more than one team weaker then the Braves? :shock:

Tigrinum Major said:
bamafan4ever said:
bamatommy said:
BamaBullies said:
I am sure it is related to a Bama player. :roll: Dammit man I am so sick of dealing with this crap.

Couldn't agree more. I'm going to die if we get in trouble with the NCAA again. Come on, people!!!

Please. This is such a rush to worry over a non-issue and I promise you, this is a non-issue...period.

You realize that your speaking of the truth keeps your rep meter low, don't you?

Wake me up when I should be giving a damn! :wink: :D

Back
Top Bottom