| FTBL Here's a different take on Fromm and Georgia football (Musburger's co-host on his gambling show.)

It's my opinion that's what the guy was saying in the original post in this thread.

To me, it's disingenuous to hear people talk about how Kirby brought "all things Alabama to UGA" and that doesn't include a system quarterback approach.

Then I would add Ehlinger. It's all so subjective it's hard to really commit. Potentially Jalen in that conversation after his SECCG performance... How many of those would you add?

But like I said earlier, many of these dudes could run the reg season schedule at Alabama as well. But I wouldn't trade any of them for Tua... A healthy Tua... :)

Then I would add Ehlinger. It's all so subjective it's hard to really commit. Potentially Jalen in that conversation after his SECCG performance... How many of those would you add?
Mid West:
Jalen - OU
Montez - Colorado
Purdy - Iowa State (they going to upset a few this year I suspect.)
Martinez - Nebraska
Ehlinger - Texas
King - Houston
Patterson - Michigan

But like I said earlier, many of these dudes could run the reg season schedule at Alabama as well. But I wouldn't trade any of them for Tua... A healthy Tua... :)

I agree, maybe Eligher, maybe Jalen. All of those named have not shown they can do it against high caliber opposition. Kelly Bryant is an unknown, but he had his shot at us and failed miserably. Montez has not shown he can get it done for a full season. Martinez at Nebraska was coming off an injury, but has beaten no one. I agree Iowa State will sneak up on some teams, but that's because of Campbell, not Purdy. Tate at Arizona was miserable last season, so I don't think he has the arm to do it. Fromm is a Top 5 guy, and I do not rhink all these others listed could do it.

I don't think you blame him as much as Chaney. Fromm freaking torched our secondary and made some throws 95% of D1 quarterbacks would have missed. Simply look at the throw to Ridley against Savion Smith for a touchdown.

Chaney getting away from the run and burning clock killed Georgia against us, twice. Also look at the difficult decision in the Natty he put Fromm and Swift in on the third down play at the end of the game.

I don't think Fromm is a Heisman guy, but I think he is a Top 5 quarterback in the country. Y'all are blaming him for not being perfect against freaking Alabama which is laughable. Cause who ever has been other than Deshaun Watson?
Trevor Lawrence

"My issues" are statistics that prove Fromm is comparable to AJ? Your issues are your massive ego that once again, makes you always right in your mind but very flawed in the discussion. Coker's "two throws" are considered clutch and game winners, making him a better quarterback than Fromm? Lawd have mercy have you gone off the deep end. And the question was never who was more "clutch" as you are now trying to sway, it was if Fromm and AJ are comparable and if Fromm was as good as McCarron. And by the way, McCarron's throws to Norwood were wide open throws, no threading the needle and nothing that takes abnormal touch on the ball. LSU's defense was simply playing soft and not giving up the big yardage. Now Norwood was Mr. Clutch in his career, everyone knows that. By that measure, are you saying guys like Jim Kelly aren't Hall of Famers or as good as a guy like Joe Flacco or Brad Johnson whom both won Super Bowls on the biggest stage?

Then show me the great wins? That's what I've asked for to begin with. Georgia has all this talent to come out of the east division in their sleep, and where are the moments he's taken the dawgs on his shoulders and proven to be the difference between winning and losing in the biggest of games? The guy has started for 2 years in the SEC and where are these signature moments of special and where's the evidence of this clutch gene?

You start throwing out stats like it actually answers these questions. He's in a run-first, ball control environment and he throws for a little over 2500 yards and 2700 yards in 2 seasons. We've had plenty of SEC QBs who accidentally do that every year. Jalen gave us over 2700 yards passing his freshman season and another 1000 yards rushing on top of that. For which he was voted SEC OPY.

Fromm is a game manager without the special moment of being the difference-maker. So far.

There's your yardstick, start measuring?

Then show me the great wins? That's what I've asked for to begin with. Georgia has all this talent to come out of the east division in their sleep, and where are the moments he's taken the dawgs on his shoulders and proven to be the difference between winning and losing in the biggest of games? The guy has started for 2 years in the SEC and where are these signature moments of special and where's the evidence of this clutch gene?

You start throwing out stats like it actually answers these questions. He's in a run-first, ball control environment and he throws for a little over 2500 yards and 2700 yards in 2 seasons. We've had plenty of SEC QBs who accidentally do that every year. Jalen gave us over 2700 yards passing his freshman season and another 1000 yards rushing on top of that. For which he was voted SEC OPY.

Fromm is a game manager without the special moment of being the difference-maker. So far.

There's your yardstick, start measuring?

What about Notre Dame, at Notre Dame in his first start? What about against the Heisman Trophy winner and their high powered offense? Throttling Florida twice, beating Auburn badly in tge SEC Championship? And my ass about being clutch. Quit swaying the conversation from your original statement of asking if he was as good as McCarron. It's clear you've been bested because you have yet to name five or ten better quarterbacks.

Let's not even get into the fact he had us on the ropes for two straight years. Like to the point of many thinking it was over. You act is if Fromm plays offense and defense and could have kept us from scoring. The amount of points Georgia scored is better than 99% of our challengers. We beat teams by multiple touchdowns every week, yet we beat Georgia on the last possession and second to last possesdion, and you act like that is because of a garbage quaterback?

Like everyone else here, I'm tired of proving you wrong and don't want to keep wasting time. You're like teaching my 85 year old grandmomma how to use the DirecTV remote, there's just zero hope and no longer worth my time. Pull out your yard stick, because you're the one failing to measure up here, muchlike the whole defense topic on another thread. Lost cause.

What about Notre Dame, at Notre Dame in his first start? What about against the Heisman Trophy winner and their high powered offense? Throttling Florida twice, beating Auburn badly in tge SEC Championship? And my ass about being clutch. Quit swaying the conversation from your original statement of asking if he was as good as McCarron. It's clear you've been bested because you have yet to name five or ten better quarterbacks.

Let's not even get into the fact he had us on the ropes for two straight years. Like to the point of many thinking it was over. You act is if Fromm plays offense and defense and could have kept us from scoring. The amount of points Georgia scored is better than 99% of our challengers. We beat teams by multiple touchdowns every week, yet we beat Georgia on the last possession and second to last possesdion, and you act like that is because of a garbage quaterback?

Like everyone else here, I'm tired of proving you wrong and don't want to keep wasting time. You're like teaching my 85 year old grandmomma how to use the DirecTV remote, there's just zero hope and no longer worth my time. Pull out your yard stick, because you're the one failing to measure up here, muchlike the whole defense topic on another thread. Lost cause.

Perhaps you're spending to much time in Georgia? Sick em dawgs!!.

snippage

I would expect you to be a better grandson.

@BamaFan334
"I think there are about 15 quarterbacks who could play for Georgia and do the same thing [as Jake Fromm]."

He's in a run-first, ball control environment and he throws for a little over 2500 yards and 2700 yards in 2 seasons. We've had plenty of SEC QBs who accidentally do that every year. Jalen gave us over 2700 yards passing his freshman season and another 1000 yards rushing on top of that. For which he was voted SEC OPY.

"I think there are about 15 quarterbacks who could play for Georgia and do the same thing [as Jake Fromm]."

All these can be true at the same time.

Great...maybe a push there. Good wins, most definitely.

I don't think you blame him as much as Chaney. Fromm freaking torched our secondary and made some throws 95% of D1 quarterbacks would have missed. Simply look at the throw to Ridley against Savion Smith for a touchdown.

Chaney getting away from the run and burning clock killed Georgia against us, twice. Also look at the difficult decision in the Natty he put Fromm and Swift in on the third down play at the end of the game.

I don't think Fromm is a Heisman guy, but I think he is a Top 5 quarterback in the country. Y'all are blaming him for not being perfect against freaking Alabama which is laughable. Cause who ever has been other than Deshaun Watson?

Stephen Garcia, Johnny Manzel, Trevor Knight, Trevor Lawrence...

@BamaFan334

All these can be true at the same time.

Great...maybe a push there. Good wins, most definitely.

I respectfully disagree. Eason couldn't do it, five star. Fields couldn't get on the field and do it, five star. I just think he is a very cerebral quarterback, like Lawrence and Tua that gets the job done. He's more of a grinder because he is accurate with those intermediate throws and hits those deep balls. I'm obviously not a Georgia fan, but he's a likable guy that keeps his mouth shut, pretty tough, and puts his team in position to win. He has chewed us up for the most part the two times he has played us. We have all agreed the defense and coaching cost Georgia those games, not Fromm and the offense. Texas? Who knows what happened there. How much chatter was there the past few years about Jalen not being able to even hit the intermediate routes, muchless the deep ones? Not as easy as everyone is now trying to make it.

Stephen Garcia, Johnny Manzel, Trevor Knight, Trevor Lawrence...

Over, what, a nine year period? I understand the question asked, but I already made light of Garcia and Manziel. It was more of a point that it happens so infrequently that Fromm's games against us should be noted.

Also, Manziel won the Heisman and Lawrence a Natty. Newton won a Heisman and a Natty as well, simply showing that most times when we lose we're losing to award winning quarterbacks.

I respectfully disagree. Eason couldn't do it, five star. Fields couldn't get on the field and do it, five star. I just think he is a very cerebral quarterback, like Lawrence and Tua that gets the job done

Hold this thought as the season progresses. There have been a lot of inner politics going on inside of that quarterback room for awhile now.

*Interesting to note Fields has better odds for the Heisman than Fromm.

After three years of trying, I can't mentally handle it anymore. I still trouble shoot from the phone the best I can, but the tutorials are over. Tge cell phone, flip phone mind you, is the same way.

Yeah, I'm tech support for my mom. I bought them a computer several years ago and made the stupid mistake of it having Windows 8 on it, which I had on none of my work or personal devices. Trying to help over the phone was an inky darkness.

I want to move her from DirecTV to Youtube TV, but the channels don't match up very well. Gunsmoke and Andy Griffith are non-negotiable.

Back
Top Bottom